50mm avatar bases

chrisb

Ok so iv come into the game in 2nd ed and cant get the old avatar models, to play avatars I have needed to start making 50mm avatar bases. iv done my first one with Sonia but wondered if any one else had come up with any more, id love to see what you have all done with this.

large.56828c32b879a_Soniaavatarbase.JPG.

• Like 5

Really like what you did with the flames. Being able to fit the normal base on there also seems very convenient.

This is what I did, with a magnet in her foot to transfer to a normal base. I had brilliant plans to paint her, unfortunately she got dropped right to the back of the painting queue when Avatars were relegated to Campaign only. :)

large.Sonnia.jpg.16e9c2449aa42e858f5a772

3 hours ago, chrisb said:

Ok so iv come into the game in 2nd ed and cant get the old avatar models, to play avatars I have needed to start making 50mm avatar bases. iv done my first one with Sonia but wondered if any one else had come up with any more, id love to see what you have all done with this.

large.56828c32b879a_Soniaavatarbase.JPG.

Awesome! :-)

That is a really nice and thematic "Avatar Base". Great execution, accurate fire coloration, and best of all not overstated. If you are still interested in the old Avatar models though, my LGS might have some of them available (last I looked he had quite a few on hand though his selection/ variety is diminishing as I refer people to him). PM if interested in the store contact info. 

This is a concept that I am really interested in. As soon as I heard that Wyrd was not producing new avatars and just bases for the avatars I thought "screw that - I'll make my own avatars."

Yo dawg - heard you like bases -here's a base to put your bases on.

I'm going to do something over the top for any avatar that I make - like the Hamelin I did for Iron Painter 2015 - a really over the top centerpiece that will honestly never see play but will look really pretty being a tray warmer. :D

Glad to see others taking initiative and doing stuff like this.

6 hours ago, chrisb said:

still trying to think of ideas for my wife's hired swords crew the avatar of slaughter may sound easy but I don't really want to just do gore, and it not like I can just put both of them on one base (they wont fit for a start).

They wont fit side by side but if you introduce some elevation to the base you could potentially place both on the same base.

5 hours ago, hippodruid said:

You could do a field of swords base.  Just a bunch of swords sticking out of the ground indicating fallen warriors, with Viktoria in the middle.

This could definitely work well and might be an easier way to go, especially if you have a large bits box.

2 minutes ago, Omenbringer said:

They wont fit side by side but if you introduce some elevation to the base you could potentially place both on the same base.

This could definitely work well and might be an easier way to go, especially if you have a large bits box.

thing is the avatar no longer requires both Victoria's and there's a good chance shell be playing both at the same time  

• 2 weeks later...