Couple of Neverborn Questions

Grez90

Couple of quick questions all.

Nekima, "if" she was to kill Lilith with the birthright trigger, does she immediately gain melee master? or is it a case that you generate those AP at the start of her next activation? (wondered if it was ever a good idea to kill off Lilith with melee expert, to then gain melee master and basically gaining an AP mid activation.

2nd question, voodoo doll hem's Lelu or Lilitu and the other then gains the condition. What happens if Zoraida interacts with the voodoo doll? Does she push both models, or does she only ever push one? Wording on Dance puppet is "master models within 1 inch aura may make a (1) interact action with this model to push any model with the sewn fate condition up to its wk in any direction"

Push one, it lets you push a singular model that has the condition, Same Malignant / Oppressive Force doens't come into it.

This. Only conditions/healing are transfered.

As for Nekima's birthright, it's generally never a good idea to off your master with it, or even to use it in the first place...sadly. There is the situational assassinate scenario where this could throw your opponent off-guard, but Nekima is so much easier to kill than a master that it won't necessarily pay off, in fact you may  just have solved the problem for your opponent, as Nekima is always a prime target. The only  other case where it might (rarely) be worth the expense is if you have a wounded/crippled henchman leader that is about to die, then perhaps the extra AP you get from it is worth it. For example, if you use birthright on the 3rd turn...you will get 2 extra AP until the end of the regular game time. 

To illustrate how bad of a bargain this is. Let's suppose we are on turn 3 and my master (lilith) has already been activated and is down to 4 wounds (ideal situation to trigger birthright). Nekima needs 1 AP to kill Lilith, then will generate 2 extra AP until the end of the regular game time (turn 4 and 5). This is assuming that my master would have died on turn 3, so i better be sure, because if i would have managed to get one last activation from it on turn 4, it already surpass everything (and by far) that birthright might give me. Imagine how bad the deal is if you need 2 AP to kill your leader, or if Nekima gets killed on turn 4... there's no way around it. It was designed as a fluffy trigger that has no real purpose in any games other than for those who absolutely want her to take charge for silly reasons (like me).  In fact, i am not sure they even factored the trigger in her cost, at least i guess not. 

Edited by Sybaris

If the wording on Dance Puppet is "master models within 1 inch aura may make a (1) interact action with this model to push any model with the sewn fate condition up to its wk in any direction," why wouldn't it effect Lilu AND Lilitu? "Any model" means it can be plural if it needs to be, right? If it was intended to only ever be one model pushed in this way, wouldn't it have said "a model" instead?

If the wording on Dance Puppet is "master models within 1 inch aura may make a (1) interact action with this model to push any model with the sewn fate condition up to its wk in any direction," why wouldn't it effect Lilu AND Lilitu? "Any model" means it can be plural if it needs to be, right? If it was intended to only ever be one model pushed in this way, wouldn't it have said "a model" instead?

any model is singular. Any models is plural.

Edited by santaclaws01
  • Like 1