RustandtheCity's Malifaux Painting

RustAndTheCity

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Averlorn said:

I really like the mechanical rider. May I ask you how you maanged oto get this awesome effect on him (same for the arachnids). Glazes? Especially the darker colour of the metal.

Thanks for the kind words. For the metals, I painted Vallejo model air gun. I then washed it all with army.painter acrylic strong shade wash (a dark brown wash, gives metal a nice tone). I added highlights with VMA gun and VMA silver. I added some more shadows by painting the army painter wash and Vallejo smoke in the most recessed areas as a glaze. Hope that helps :-).

• Like 1

On 2/23/2016 at 0:14 AM, Meraklis said:

excellent work!

you mentioned the use of vallejo smoke. Does it dry to a gloss finish? Did you mat varnish it?

Thanks Meraklis. It is a little bit glossy. I always use Testors Dull Cote once a model is finished to tie the sheen together between the different parts of the model. 

I've finished the basic Ramos crew now. I finished the last swarm the other day. Now it is on to painting up the Colette box to expand my options.

IMG_5257.jpg

IMG_5261.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...