Leveticus with guild constructs

bertmac

Don't forget the Mobile Toolkit. If you have 3SS to spare it's a great little unit for boosting bigger constructs.

There's no way you absolutely have to play Leveticus. He only really relies on other units to anchor his waifs and do schemes and suchlike while he's wrecking face. If you want him to be pseudo-Hoffman or pseudo-Ramos, or pseudo-McMourning you can make him so. Just pick models you like the look of and put them on the field. Just remember you need at least three 6SS or better units on the field to keep his Waifs online and he'll be fine.

Don't give him ideas, he's a horrible enough man as it is!  I think Pariah Iron/Bone are somewhat overrated because there's so many good options in Outcast though if you are running one of them I think that you need to take more than one Construct/Undead to make it worth it otherwise you're paying a 1SS tax for a single model.  You're free to borrow any of my Ressers/Outcast models to try stuff out.

Lazarus is good, but don't know about the best. Without Pariah of Iron I certainly prefer him to a Desolation Engine in terms of hiring models, but not necessarily higher than Ashes & Dust (model appearance aside). With Pariah of Iron Mech Rider is hard to beat. I'm wanting to try Mech Rider + Teddy + summoned Metal Gamins. Mech Rider can make sure that Teddy always has a Metal Gamin around to ensure a DF 6. Teddy with a DF of 6 makes Levi a pretty happy boy.

He's a beast of scheme runner that can pull double duty as a beater for sure, but he is a bit spendy. I can see taking a lower cost scheme runner, like a Necropunk, in a Pariah list though.

All of the theme models for Levi are great in my opinion, but there is plenty of good use to get out of the Pariah upgrades. Taking Laz, Ryle, and Joss for Turf War, for example, would be pretty amazing. All the heals, plus all the damage output. Mmmmhmmm.

I was just taking mental note of how many constructs I either own, or are on the way.

Henchmen

Joss

Ryle

The Valedictorian

Enforcers

Hooded Rider

Mechanical Rider (also the Pale and Dead Riders, but they're not constructs)

Peacekeeper

Rogue Necromancy

Howard Langston

Ice Golem

Minions

Brutal Effigy

Carrion Effigy

Arcane Effigy

Mysterious Effigy

Hodgepodge Effigy

Guardian

Watcher

Hunter

Flesh Construct

3 Necropunk

Student of Steel
Student of Viscera

Student of Sinew

3 Ice Gamin

Soulstone Miner

Peon

Mobile Toolkit

I also have every model currently released for Outcasts in either metal or plastic.

I still have yet to put Leveticus on the table... I think I have a problem.  :wacko:

Thinking about it, I also have Hoffman's model (it was cheaper to buy his metal box than the individual constructs) and I could probably make a fair Hoffman list from those models too.

Even though he is a good option, I wouldn't rate Lazarus as the best construct for Leveticus. First of all, different situations have different "best" models. Then, if I only got to pick one construct for Leveticus, that would probably be Ashes and Dust, followed by Mech Rider and Ryle. Teddy is a darn fine choice too, as well as Howard Langston.

On the lighter side, I love me some Necropunks for Leveticus.

• Like 1