zGuild's Purposeful Misinterpretations: The Lucius Journey.

zFiend

What will you have? :D

(His melee damage track is 2/4/5 with a built-in Ram and Critical Strike - his pistol doesn't have the Ram built-in)

Yeah that's why I'm wondering why is Dashel actually the optimal choice for Lucius over say Ryle or Judge? 

• Like 1

Judge can command himself, and if he hit the trigger, he gets 2 attacks for 1 AP.

Oh right that trick! Completely forgot about that! Absolutely right. 

My usual choice is actually Samael. Waldgeist has to much Armor? Burn that fucker to a crisp!

While this does sound great it only adds another 8-9ss model to my "please don't stare too hard or my models die" durability list. :D 

• Like 1

Will be trying that list! 

It's fun. Makes playing melee Lucius somewhat viable. Stalkers are no Illuminated, but they hit pretty hard.

So I just flipped a game for tomorrow:

Standard Deployment 

Reckoning

Alits

Assassinate

Bodyguard

Power Ritual

Vendetta

Oh this is gonna hurt.. :D

Could try a Beckoner for Vendetta - double Lure, beat it up with something, Lucius commands her for the coup de grace. Or take a Ronin. The Merc Tax doesn't count for Schemes, and she should be able to kill a 6 SS model.

Could try a Beckoner for Vendetta - double Lure, beat it up with something, Lucius commands her for the coup de grace. Or take a Ronin. The Merc Tax doesn't count for Schemes, and she should be able to kill a 6 SS model.

Are you sure about the merc tax? Can't find that in my book.

As an aside, how do people find Doppelganger in a Lucius Guild list?  I've just picked one up as I love the model but she seems to be short on good things to copy in the lists I've run so far.

Her issue is that most of the real good stuff in Guild depends on triggers. Due to Crit Strike, damage is actually somewhat low on a lot of attacks. Samael is the exception.

She still is a model that can Interact in engagements, has a great Wk stat, Manipulative, is is really hard to kill with the right upgrade setup.

P. 71, big rulebook, SS cost shout-out box.

Thanks! Ironically I often miss the shout out boxes when reading the normal text for stuff in an effort to find rules ;)

On the Dopplegänger: Abuela, Papa Loco and Sidir all have quite nice shooting attacks. Since Lucius can make minions interact while engaged it's not that bad to have melee-constructs as minions and keep a couple of scary big models out of the big center scrap to hunt enemy schemers. It's also nice to be able to use Sidir's "Empty the Magazine" even if he himself is engaged or double up on it by having the Dopplegänger use it first and Sidir going second to use the trigger which only works on already slow stuff anyways.

The problem with her is that you have at least 2 expensive models when you usually want good minions to make Lucius work.

Abuela

Without Slug, it's not that great.

Papa Loco

Only while not in a box, where he should be. Take the Emissary if you want to copy it.

Sidir

Granted. That one is pretty cool.

I want to copy Francisco's Enfrentate a Mi! and just use it 3 times, to bowling ball along the enemy lines one day... but that's not a competitive thing to do, I think.

Without Slug, it's not that great.

Only while not in a box, where he should be. Take the Emissary if you want to copy it.

Granted. That one is pretty cool.

I want to copy Francisco's Enfrentate a Mi! and just use it 3 times, to bowling ball along the enemy lines one day... but that's not a competitive thing to do, I think.

Well I'll agree that it's dangerous to play Papa Outside the box but some turns it happens. Abuela I  was thinking for the blasts. Since it's a (0) to copy I sometimes move up, focus, copy (if I know I can cheat the tome to get to take the action). The problem is that none of the combos are good enough to warrant the stones, not even the Samuel one is even close to as evil as it should be. She is good at scheming and just sort of sticking close enough to copy a decent shooting attack from someone.

I disagree on the Samael one. Using her to set something on fire with Burn Them Out is good for his shooting and vice versa. If something is burning already (from a Stalker), she can just copy his weak damage 4 gun. And actually using Flaming Bullets is pretty great, too.

I have a lot of fun with her and Samael. Well, except the one game where I played against Perdita, and she Red Joker'd him away turn 1. That wan't fun at all. :D

Flaming Bullets would be nice, had forgotten that. Getting stuff to burn has been problematic for me but should potentially be nasty, my problem is that people usually engage something of mine or kill Samael from afar so he needs to be behind terrain and thus can't charge. The problem with a Witchling putting burning on stuff is that they can't hit for shit when shooting so it needs to be in melee and then you just randomise away half the hits (at the very least half the hits when I flip).

Well, it's not like Burning by Witchling is needed for this to work. Even is nothing is Burning, up to 6 shots from weak damage 3 gun hurt pretty bad. And Burn Them Out doesn't randomize. Put it on a Waldgeist (who's usually in contact with terrain for the melee range) twice and he won't survive the turn.

• Like 1

Waldgeists actually survive two applications, they're 7 wounds armour 2 and fire weirdly enough doesn't negate armour. 

My problem may have been that I have tried this combo against Ophelia both times so she started at untouchable range, pushed close, ignored my cover since she has a :+fate  built in and then shot Samael to death in one activation on turn 1 or 2 even when I used soulstones to prevent damage on every attack.

I guess I just have to try it a few more times and hope that people start playing different lists  ;)

In my case I should probably just go for a ton of shots I guess, people rarely hand around within rapid range but the doppleganger could crank out 2 shots after walking with the right card.

Oh, I thought they were 6 Wds. Well' you have to plink it with something, I guess.

Ophelia does that. Not much survives her. If we take that as a measure, you can pretty much field nothing at all.

And please be aware that I don't think that Doppelgänger and Samael is the ultimate combo in a Lucius list. It's just a fun thing to do, and Lucius can actually do it.

I'd play Judge with his upgrade as Lucius Henchman in any competitive environment.

• Like 1