Mr. Cooper's Dark Carnival - New Crew Brainstorm (part 2!)

Kalkris

Dark Carnival Polls, Part 2  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, while I totally agree with you, Solicitor 6 (hence my vote against conditionizing it), it seems that those who have voted, have voted for the conditionizing of Hazy. I'd prefer to streamline these rules - that was my whole reasoning for making the rules in a public forum in the first place, as opposed to privatizing my ruleset (and thus also probably having it lack balance) - so is there any way to work out a compromise here? I'm a bit bummed, personally, but it is what it is - the deadline has been reached and the voters have voted lol

~Lil Kalki

So, in an effort to get more community input, I've decided to ask the fine people who have voted for the Hazy condition to think of some ideas for said condition. Those of you who are vouching for it have three days to submit a total of at least FOUR ideas for the condition's effect (and how it is spread, how it interacts, if it is detrimental the foe/a boon to the crew, etc.) so that we may vote on which one is best, as a collective. If we don't get enough ideas, I feel there wouldn't be a big enough sample size to make a fair poll (also there were nine people who voted for the condition! I don't want a tie lol) with less than four options, so those ideas would be put to use elsewhere and we'd probably switch back to our other working template (so far), The Haze Only Gets Thicker.

Sounds good? Let's see what you can make! :D

~Lil Kalki

Ok, a bit of time!

While I'm a little disappointed in the poll results, I could kinda see it happening.  anyway with the Ringmaster action Vs May I Direct Your Attention...  I like your option & don't really mind changing it, but I think yours is a bit too powerful when compared to Colette's Disappearing Act & Kirai's Spirit swirl. 

I'll give an example,

Mr. Cooper moves 10" 30mm base size up the board then moves 2 models (any models, Howard, Mature, Nekima, Teddy, etc) to within 6" so 10" + between 60 & 80mm base size.  Then one of these models gets to activate straight away.  All of this is done without any set up so could be the first activation of the game.  Alternatively you could move 10" + 30mm base up then summon one model, giving Nekima a 16" + 80mm boost, she can then make 1 Ap if you get the trigger, then in her activation, charge, getting 3 attacks to almost anywhere on the board.  Sounds like the old dreamer without the yo-yo effect!

How about:

(1) May I direct Your Attention (Ca 6t / TN: 14 / Rg: 10): Target friendly Minion or Carny in base contact with a friendly Scheme Marker with 4 and LoS, then discard the Scheme Marker.  Models moved in this way may not take Interact Actions for the rest of the turn.

Tr Three Ring Circus: If the target is eligible to Activate this Turn, the target may immediately activate after this model’s Activation as a Chain Activation.

This makes it a dark mirror of Colette's Disappearing act, where instead of sending a near model off to a distant scheme marker, it brings a distant model to a close scheme marker.  I've tried to keep the wording the same as possible.  For the trigger, I basically copied the wording from Tara's Faces in the Void.

Then the trigger gets the chain activation.

I removed Curtain Call as since it's now a 1 action, he can cast it multiple times.

Now we just need a (0) action!

Which will be Kalky's give out hazy pulse if hazy remains a condition... If it doesn't then need to think of something else!

• Like 1

Kalky can you add my one to the Poll?  Also you have to choose an option for each question... What about something simple like:

Like it

It's ok

Don't like it

Here's my Condition (take that however you want!).  This will always last till the end of the turn unless within :aura 6 of Mr Cooper or Baritone Lola.

Hazy +1: Whenever this model takes a Horror duel or Simple Willpower duel generated by a model with the Carny characteristic, add +1 to the TN to a maximum of +3. If the Condition is +3 or higher, this model may not cheat these duels. 

I've Made up a "Conditioned" take on Mr. Cooper, here he is:

Mr. Cooper (Arcanist/Neverborn)

Cache 3

Master, Living, CARNY

Df6 Wp5t Wd9 Wk6 Cg- Ht2

Abilities:

Infiltration (Showgirls/Carnies): Crews led by this model may hire up to 4 models with the Showgirl and/or Carny Characteristic that are not the Crew's declared faction.

Df/Wp (Tomes) Sleight of Hand: Once per Turn, after failing but before flipping for damage, the attacking model must succeed in a TN 11 Wp duel. If the model fails, place a friendly model within 6” of Mr. Cooper into base contact with Mr. Cooper, then place Mr. Cooper anywhere within 6". The attacking model then deals no damage.

Danse Macabre: Enemy models within a3 must pass a TN 11Wp duel when declaring any action other than a Walk action or the all required duels in the action receive - automatically fails unless the Action was generated as part of the Charge action.

Centre of the Haze: Enemy models within a6 may not remove the Hazy Condition.

Attack Actions:

(1) Silken Scarf (Ml 7 / Rst: Df / Rg: x1 ): Target suffers 1/1/2 damage.

m Caress of Silk: After damaging, this model makes a 1/1/2 healing flip.

cr Garrotte: After damaging, the target must discard two cards or two Soulstones or it is killed.

t Whip Into Shape: After damaging, take this Action again.

Solicitor 6: I'd rather not add a Rams into the Ml 7 as Misaki has to stone for it and she's designed to be an assassin.  Mr. Cooper is much more support based so I think having to stone for it is fair enough.

(1) Blow Smoke (Sh 5C / Rst: Wp / Rg: l6 or x1): Target suffers 1/2b/3bb damage. All models damaged by this Attack gain the following Condition until the end of the turn: Hazy +1: Whenever this model takes a Horror duel or Simple Willpower duel generated add +1 to the TN to a maximum of +3. If the Condition is +3 or higher, this model may not cheat these duels. 

Tactical Actions:

(1) May I direct Your Attention (Ca 6t / TN: 14 / Rg: 10): Place target friendly Minion or Carny in base contact with a friendly Scheme Marker with 4 and LoS, then discard the Scheme Marker.  Models moved in this way may not take Interact Actions for the rest of the turn.

Tr Three Ring Circus: If the target is eligible to Activate this Turn, the target may immediately activate after this model’s Activation as a Chain Activation.

(0) The Haze Thickens (Ca 6m / TN: 14 m): All Enemy models in p6 must pass a TN 12 Wp dual or gain the following Condition until the end of the turn: Hazy +1: Whenever this model takes a Horror duel or Simple Willpower duel generated add +1 to the TN to a maximum of +3. If the Condition is +3 or higher, this model may not cheat these duels. 

I removed Blow Smoke’s Trigger to make space on the card and put them on an Upgrade, here it is

Smoke & Mirrors, But Mostly Smoke!: 1ss

Mr Cooper

This model’s Blow Smoke Action gains the following Triggers

C Noxious Gas: After damaging, Target gains the Poison Condition equal to its Hazy Condition.

Ct Smoke and Fire: After damaging, Target gains the Burning Condition equal to its Hazy Condition.

I've removed Manipulative and put Danse Macabre back on the card as they kind of doubled up on each other and as S6 said, Manipulative doesn't really fit.  In return, I've rejigged Recruitment drive to be similar to Hoffman's Modification Upgrades.  This kind of shows the two sides of Mr. Cooper, Recruitment Drive (the Nice guy!) shows when he's on the lookout for new crew members and No More Mr. Nice guy shows when he wants to rip the opposition a new one!  Here they are:

Recruitment Drive  3ss

Mr Cooper, Limited

This model gains the following Action:

(0)Run Away With Me (Ca 6m / TN: 14 m): Target friendly Minion model which hasn’t had an Auditioning Upgrade attached this game.  Select an Upgrade with the restriction Auditioning and attach it to the target, ignoring the usual restrictions for attaching upgrades

Auditioning Upgrades

Bat Boy Lives!

This Upgrade may only be attached once per game.

This model gains the Nephilim characteristic and the following ability:

Black Blood

Restriction: Auditioning

Hall of Mirrors

This model gains the Mimic characteristic and the following ability:

Which One is Real?

The Turk

This model gains the Construct characteristic and the following ability:

Armour +1

I'm A Dancer!

This model gains the Showgirl characteristic and the following ability:

Don't Mind Me

Fijian Mermaid

This model gains the Woe characteristic gains the following ability:

Look Away Now! At the start of this model’s Activation, it may discard this upgrade to gain the following ability for the duration of its Activation: Unnerving: Models within a1 suffer a - to all duels

Sewn On Chimera

Badly Sewn On: At the start of this model’s Activation, it may discard this upgrade to gain the following ability for the duration of its Activation: Three-Headed

Made all of thse only attachable once per game.  Otherwise I just made Fijian (made this the adjective form, is this a problem?) Mermaid & Sewn on Heads (new name) to only last an activation as otherwise they were too strong.  I think these should pose an interesting tactical use for the player.  What do you think?

Do you think there are any standouts?  Which would be your first choice?

• Like 1

Kalky can you add my one to the Poll?  Also you have to choose an option for each question... What about something simple like:

Like it

It's ok

Don't like it

Here's my Condition (take that however you want!).  This will always last till the end of the turn unless within :aura 6 of Mr Cooper or Baritone Lola.

Hazy +1: Whenever this model takes a Horror duel or Simple Willpower duel generated by a model with the Carny characteristic, add +1 to the TN to a maximum of +3. If the Condition is +3 or higher, this model may not cheat these duels. 

I've Made up a "Conditioned" take on Mr. Cooper, here he is:

Cache 3

Master, Living, CARNY

Df6 Wp5t Wd9 Wk6 Cg- Ht2

Abilities:

Infiltration (Showgirls/Carnies): Crews led by this model may hire up to 4 models with the Showgirl and/or Carny Characteristic that are not the Crew's declared faction.

Df/Wp (Tomes) Sleight of Hand: Once per Turn, after failing but before flipping for damage, the attacking model must succeed in a TN 11 Wp duel. If the model fails, place a friendly model within 6” of Mr. Cooper into base contact with Mr. Cooper, then place Mr. Cooper anywhere within 6". The attacking model then deals no damage.

Danse Macabre: Enemy models within a3 must pass a TN 11Wp duel when declaring any action other than a Walk action or the all required duels in the action receive - automatically fails unless the Action was generated as part of the Charge action.

Attack Actions:

cr Garrotte: After damaging, the target must discard two cards or two Soulstones or it is killed.

Solicitor 6: I'd rather not add a Rams into the Ml 7 as Misaki has to stone for it and she's designed to be an assassin.  Mr. Cooper is much more support based so I think having to stone for it is fair enough.

(1) Blow Smoke (Sh 5C / Rst: Wp / Rg: l6 or x1): Target suffers 1/2b/3bb damage. All models damaged by this Attack gain the following Condition until the end of the turn: Hazy +1: Whenever this model takes a Horror duel or Simple Willpower duel generated add +1 to the TN to a maximum of +3. If the Condition is +3 or higher, this model may not cheat these duels. 

Tactical Actions:

(1) May I direct Your Attention (Ca 6t / TN: 14 / Rg: 10): Target friendly Minion or Carny in base contact with a friendly Scheme Marker with 4 and LoS, then discard the Scheme Marker.  Models moved in this way may not take Interact Actions for the rest of the turn.

(0) The Haze Thickens (Ca 6m / TN: 14 m): All Enemy models in p6 must pass a TN 12 Wp dual or gain the following Condition until the end of the turn: Hazy +1: Whenever this model takes a Horror duel or Simple Willpower duel generated add +1 to the TN to a maximum of +3. If the Condition is +3 or higher, this model may not cheat these duels. 

I removed Blow Smoke’s Trigger to make space on the card and put them on an Upgrade, here it is

Smoke & Mirrors, But Mostly Smoke!: 1ss

Mr Cooper

C Noxious Gas: After damaging, Target gains the Poison Condition equal to its Hazy Condition.

Ct Smoke and Fire: After damaging, Target gains the Burning Condition equal to its Hazy Condition.

I've removed Manipulative and put Danse Macabre back on the card as they kind of doubled up on each other and as S6 said, Manipulative doesn't really fit.  In return, I've rejigged Recruitment drive to be similar to Hoffman's Modification Upgrades.  This kind of shows the two sides of Mr. Cooper, Recruitment Drive (the Nice guy!) shows when he's on the lookout for new crew members and No More Mr. Nice guy shows when he wants to rip the opposition a new one!  Here they are:

Recruitment Drive  3ss

Mr Cooper, Limited

This model gains the following Action:

(0)Run Away With Me (Ca 6m / TN: 14 m): Target friendly Minion model which hasn’t had an Auditioning Upgrade attached this game.  Select an Upgrade with the restriction Auditioning and attach it to the target, ignoring the usual restrictions for attaching upgrades

Auditioning Upgrades

Bat Boy Lives!

This model gains the Nephilim characteristic and the following ability:

Black Blood

Hall of Mirrors

This model gains the Mimic characteristic and the following ability:

Which One is Real?

The Turk

This model gains the Construct characteristic and the following ability:

Armour +1

I'm A Dancer!

This model gains the Showgirl characteristic and the following ability:

Don't Mind Me

Fijian Mermaid

Look Away Now! At the start of this model’s Activation, it may discard this upgrade to gain the following ability for the duration of its Activation: Unnerving: Models within a1 suffer a - to all duels

Sewn On Chimera

Badly Sewn On: At the start of this model’s Activation, it may discard this upgrade to gain the following ability for the duration of its Activation: Three-Headed

Made all of thse only attachable once per game.  Otherwise I just made Fijian (made this the adjective form, is this a problem?) Mermaid & Sewn on Heads (new name) to only last an activation as otherwise they were too strong.  I think these should pose an interesting tactical use for the player.  What do you think?

Do you think there are any standouts?  Which would be your first choice?

What I'm looking to do at the moment is wait until we have all of the options (remember, we want at least 4), and then when/if we have enough (by 6/30), I'll put a new poll up asking what each person's choice of effect is to end 7/3 (and then we wll focus on tweaking that option if needed).

As for the polling options, all a person needs to do is vote in the placeholders as well. I will edit the poll to mention that if need be. Thanks for bringing that up!

And with the Auditioning upgrades (particularly Fijian Mermaid and Sewn On Chimera), I don't know if we can find a better name than Auditioning (I personally think it could just be Carny, so that the Carnies already have the capability to attach these upgrades), but we should try. Not the biggest fan of it. re: Fijian Mermaid.. I have actually done a ton of research prior to any announcement of Mr. Cooper's crew, and believe it or not the name "Fiji Mermaid" is correct. However, even MORE correct (in reference to the sideshow gaff fish/monkey taxidermy hybrid) is "Feegee Mermaid". You'll find a whole lot more on the topic if you Google that one XD

Mechanically, I don't like the idea that the 2 (originally 3-stone) upgrades have to be discarded to be used, especially with their fluff being as they are - I don't see a character ripping off their fish tail (revealing their own legs or whatnot) to become more Unnerving, or removing two of their three heads to *gain* Three-Headed. To me it doesn't seem sound fluffwise. I think that if we keep these upgrades available to be purchased (for Carnies) at the pregame, and price them properly (at 1, 2, or 3ss, as we were doing before), we'd be totally fine. That also eliminates the need for a second new characteristic. Plus, with your wording on "Run Away With Me", you can still keep the Henchmen and Enforcers distinct from the Minions, even if Carny is the attaching characteristic. :)

~Lil Kalki

EDIT: You Mr. Cooper seems workable, extra upgrade and all. Only thing I need to nitpick on is that a Horror duel is a Simple Wp duel so we don't need to mention Horror duels in your rendition of the Hazy condition. Saves space! :D

• Like 1

And with the Auditioning upgrades (particularly Fijian Mermaid and Sewn On Chimera), I don't know if we can find a better name than Auditioning (I personally think it could just be Carny, so that the Carnies already have the capability to attach these upgrades), but we should try. Not the biggest fan of it. re: Fijian Mermaid.. I have actually done a ton of research prior to any announcement of Mr. Cooper's crew, and believe it or not the name "Fiji Mermaid" is correct. However, even MORE correct (in reference to the sideshow gaff fish/monkey taxidermy hybrid) is "Feegee Mermaid". You'll find a whole lot more on the topic if you Google that one XD

Mechanically, I don't like the idea that the 2 (originally 3-stone) upgrades have to be discarded to be used, especially with their fluff being as they are - I don't see a character ripping off their fish tail (revealing their own legs or whatnot) to become more Unnerving, or removing two of their three heads to *gain* Three-Headed. To me it doesn't seem sound fluffwise. I think that if we keep these upgrades available to be purchased (for Carnies) at the pregame, and price them properly (at 1, 2, or 3ss, as we were doing before), we'd be totally fine. That also eliminates the need for a second new characteristic. Plus, with your wording on "Run Away With Me", you can still keep the Henchmen and Enforcers distinct from the Minions, even if Carny is the attaching characteristic. :)

~Lil Kalki

EDIT: You Mr. Cooper seems workable, extra upgrade and all. Only thing I need to nitpick on is that a Horror duel is a Simple Wp duel so we don't need to mention Horror duels in your rendition of the Hazy condition. Saves space! :D

I agree with keeping the "recruitment drive" upgrades permanently at the start of the game and "Run Away With Me" as an ability versus a tactical action.  I can go along with it restricted to giving Minions the Carny characteristic and only allowing Minion Carnies to receive the upgrades. However, what if it is worded so that only models who become Carny through "Run Away With Me" can receive one of these upgrades?  I know Da Git is worried of making an Enforcer or Henchmen overpowered.  But if someone wanted to give Teddy Chimera or FeeGee Mermaid, that's 14SS for one model, which is a reasonable price for that much power.

I still think Run Away With Me should be one of his basic abilities and not an upgrade.  

Da Git, I see what you say on the Silken Scarf about not having the rams trigger automatic. Good thinking.

I think the wording for May I Direct Your Attention could be just a little clearer:

"Place target Minion or Carny model into base contact with a friendly scheme marker within 4 inches and LOS of this model."

-Do you think on one of the upgrades should include an "Encore" trigger similar to Colette's Disappearing Act for this (and have Three Ring Circus be the default trigger)?

Wow!  Just looked up Feegee Mermaid, I had no idea!  I thought you meant a mermaid from Fiji (so, I think Feegee is the better spelling)!  The real thing is much cooler!

For May I direct you attention, you're absolutely right. I missed the word Place at the start.  It should read:

(1) May I direct Your Attention (Ca 6t / TN: 14 / Rg: 10): Place target friendly Minion or Carny in base contact with a friendly Scheme Marker with 4 and LoS, then discard the Scheme Marker.  Models moved in this way may not take Interact Actions for the rest of the turn.

I don't really mind adding an Encore effect to an upgrade, which would you add it to?

Ok, for Recruitment drive, the reason I'd like to keep it as an upgrade are as follows:

• If you don't want to include any non-carny models then it's just wasted print on the card.  I think it should be an optional extra for those that want to include non-carny models in their crew.
  • Mr. Cooper already has 4 Abilities so we would probably need to cut one of them to make space (I would probably drop Sleight of Hand)
  • I really like the opposing limited styles of Nice Guy (Recruitment drive) & No More Mr Nice Guy (murderous talons!)
  • The Reason I don't want to hand out the Carny Characteristic is because then they're effected by the Hazy Condition, not sure if any Minions currently effect it but I know a lot of Enforcers & Henchmen who have high Terrifying who would love it (so this is mostly just for future proofing in case Wyrd wants to make any Minions that run off Simple Wp Duels or Horror

Kalky, since you've done a bit of research on the matter, are there any terms for the new members of a Carny crew (newbie or something)? I don't see any problem with giving the upgrades a different restriction, it's kinda like Jack's Curses, Yan Lo's Ascended, Hoffman's Modification & Shenlong's Style upgrades.

I'd be happy to keep it as an ability but if we keep it as an upgrade then as you said it sounds very clunky, is there any way we can keep it as an upgrade but have the Auditioning upgrades purchasable?  Oh I just had an idea!! What about this?

Run Away With Me: Crews led by this model may hire up to 4 models with the Showgirl and/or Carny Characteristic that are not the Crew's declared faction.  In addition Non Showgirl and/or Carny minions buy attach a single Upgrade with the Auditioning restriction ignoring the usual restrictions for attaching upgrades.

This keeps it on the card, keeps it within 4 Abilities, and keeps the upgrades purchasable.  Thoughts?  Do we then need a different Limited upgrade or just keep limited on NmM.NG?

Love your ideas Solicitor 6, I'm also just trying to play a bit of a naysmith, hopefully someone can do that to my ideas so I don't go too far!

• Like 2

Ideas for another name for "Auditionee" as an upgrading restriction:

Gazoonie — The lowest form of carny, the itinerant day laborers who come and go at the drop of a hat. Also refers to a very young and inexperienced worker who probably won't be able to take the hard work and will be gone in a few days.

Geek — An unskilled performer whose performance consists of shocking, repulsive and repugnant acts. This "lowest of the low" member of the carny trade would commonly bite the head off a living chicken or snake. Some distinguish between "ordinary geeks" who pretend to be wild men or drug burnouts, and "glomming geeks" who actually bite the heads off live chickens and the like. See the 1949 movie "Nightmare Alley" for a good geek story (and for an excellent depiction of the mentalist’s technique of "cold reading"). In later years the geek show turned into a "see the pitiful victim of drug abuse" show. "Geek" as a verb ("he geeked") is one of several terms in use among wrestlers meaning to intentionally cut oneself to draw blood.

Freak — A person with a physical anomaly, like an extra or distorted limb, a giant, or a pair of conjoined twins. Showmen classify freaks as "born freaks" who have been different from birth, "made freaks" like tattooed or fat people, and "gaffed freaks" who fake their differences. Although the word "freak" is often used as an epithet, those "human oddities" who display their differences for a job are not offended by the word or by the occupation, and are not in need of protection or laws to forbid their display. As Samantha X said introducing the 999 Eyes Freakshow, "There is nothing wrong with any of our performers. They are nature's art, genetic diversity in its finest form. Throw away the word 'disabled' and reclaim the word 'freak'." (we could also use Oddity if Freak offends)

Shill — Also "outside man," "stick," "capper," "front-worker" or "timber." Employee who poses as a customer, playing a game (and being secretly allowed to win) or buying a ticket, in order to motivate other customers to do likewise. If the agent needs to attract business, seeing him win "proves" to potential customers that the game can be won, and sometimes allowing the shill to win prevents a potentially costly win by a townie. Without a good shill, an entire tip may stay perfectly still after a bally, all with cash in their hands, and not one of them will go for the ticket boxes, unless some brave soul leads the way. Sometimes a shill might rush up to the ticket box, buy a ticket and move toward the show entrance, then go around and do it again. At medicine shows, shills conspicuously "bought" the first bottle, breaking the public's reluctance to be the first to speak up. A good stick knew how to stand in a position that would block the progress of the passing crowd, slowing them enough to pay attention to a bally and subtly herding the tip closer. Alternatively, the shill might keep a tip from building when a flattie wished to avoid interruption while playing a particularly lucrative mark.

Out of the lot, I like either Shill or Freak (or barring Freak, Oddity) the most.

~Lil Kalki

EDIT: Source: http://www.goodmagic.com/carny/

• Like 2

Da Git, not offended/bothered/whatever about the recommendations.  The whole point of this thing is to bounce ideas back and forth.  Probably for me is I have certain fluff image in my mind regarding the recruitment drive and may be missing certain mechanic facets.  Giving it some thought, I could see making it a Limited purchase upgrade Ability (playing off the Mr. Nice Guy vs. Not Mr. Nice Guy) to decide which style you want to play him as.  Still going back and forth on whether or not it should apply to all models or just Minions.

So he would have "Infiltration (Showgirl/Carny)" as a base Ability and then the limited upgrade Ability

Run Away With Me: All models (or just Minion Models) hired by this model without the Carny or Showgirl characteristic, gain the Oddity characteristic.

Then on each of the Oddity upgrades (which would have the Restrictions Oddity, Limited, Rare 1), there would be the language This upgrade may be taken by a Minion model with the Oddity characteristic.

My vote would be to call the "recruited" models "Oddity/Oddities."  It has the right ring I think. 

Kalkris, thanks for all your extra research on carnivals/side shows. I knew some things, but the further information you have provided has been really helpful in hammering these things out. 

• Like 1

Hey, just been having a look at some of the Wave 2 Neverborn models (hooray for days off!) and the two that stood out were the Insidious Madness' The Madness Spreads & Mr.Tannan's Cooler abilities that force the opponent to discard cards before cheating. Also Madness' Neverborn Whispers reducing Wp might also be pretty evil.

Mr. Cooper - Recruitment drive

2 Madnesses - 10

2 Illuminated - one with Feegee Mermaid, other with Chimera - 20 (14+3)

Lola - 10

upgrades, Cache & maybe a cheap model - 10

It's a small crew but I think it could be pretty evil, could also sub the mermaid Illuminated for a stitched.   That said, I don't think it would be overpowered at any stretch.  One to playtest. 

On the Arcanists front,

Mr Cooper - Recruitment Drive

1 December's Acolyte - Chimera - 10

1 Slate Ridge Mauler - Mermaid - 11

other stuff 29

There the best I could come up with for the two attacky options

Kalky, what do you think,

Should we have Recruitment drive on the card or an upgrade?

Everyone or just Minions?  If it's just minions, I actually think we could have them all 1ss with Feegee & Chimera being 2ss.

Also thanks for your descriptions!  I love the name Gazoonie, but the description really doesn't fit.  I also really like Freak, but there are a lot of sensitive people out there, so oddity is probably the best.

If it's an upgrade, allowing other model to purchase upgrades, how would it read?  Does this work?

Recruitment Drive

This model gains the following ability:

Run Away With Me: Non Showgirl and/or Carny minion models hired in this crew may attach a single Upgrade with the Oddity restriction ignoring the usual restrictions for attaching upgrades.

Then all the Recruitment Drive upgrades just need the following restrictions

Oddity, Rare 1

Hey, just been having a look at some of the Wave 2 Neverborn models (hooray for days off!) and the two that stood out were the Insidious Madness' The Madness Spreads & Mr.Tannan's Cooler abilities that force the opponent to discard cards before cheating. Also Madness' Neverborn Whispers reducing Wp might also be pretty evil.

Mr. Cooper - Recruitment drive

2 Madnesses - 10

2 Illuminated - one with Feegee Mermaid, other with Chimera - 20 (14+3)

Lola - 10

upgrades, Cache & maybe a cheap model - 10

It's a small crew but I think it could be pretty evil, could also sub the mermaid Illuminated for a stitched.   That said, I don't think it would be overpowered at any stretch.  One to playtest. 

On the Arcanists front,

Mr Cooper - Recruitment Drive

1 December's Acolyte - Chimera - 10

1 Slate Ridge Mauler - Mermaid - 11

other stuff 29

There the best I could come up with for the two attacky options

Kalky, what do you think,

Should we have Recruitment drive on the card or an upgrade?

Everyone or just Minions?  If it's just minions, I actually think we could have them all 1ss with Feegee & Chimera being 2ss.

Also thanks for your descriptions!  I love the name Gazoonie, but the description really doesn't fit.  I also really like Freak, but there are a lot of sensitive people out there, so oddity is probably the best.

If it's an upgrade, allowing other model to purchase upgrades, how would it read?  Does this work?

Recruitment Drive

This model gains the following ability:

Run Away With Me: Non-Showgirl, non-Carny minion models hired in this crew may attach a single Upgrade with the Oddity restriction ignoring the usual restrictions for attaching upgrades.

Then all the Recruitment Drive upgrades just need the following restrictions

Oddity, Rare 1

I'm thinking it should only affect Minions for sure (this would not only keep the agendas of the henchmen and enfoorcers at bay fluffwise, but also keep us from having to playtest far more than we should have to, lol). As for reducing the costs of the Oddity upgrades (glad to see we're pretty unanimous on that name), Recruitment Drive would need to be an upgrade first. Looking at a model which gives options similar to this (via upgrade - Leveticus is who I have in mind, probably not the best example?), his option-granting upgrades each cost 1ss (and are limited but that's beside the point). However, those upgrades imply that he is hiring models with them, and his playstyle insists that they be mostly larger models as well. Here, we're purchasing upgrades, so it might be reasonable to put the upgrade to 2ss, especially if we are reducing the cost of the Oddity upgrades by 1 to a minimum of 1 (what you were saying).

In essence, my thoughts are that if we make it an upgrade, which we should, we should either keep Recruitment drive at 1ss and retain the costs on the oddity upgrades, or have the Recruitment Drive at 2ss and reduce all Oddity upgrades by 1 to a minimum of 1.

Also I fixed your wording on Run Away With Me, it's in a certain color and a certain font attribute that I often use, lol

Good stuff!

~Lil Kalki

Agree with you on all points there Kalki!

The other thing that has me a little concerned is that we now have 12 upgrades for the Carnival!!

Mr. Cooper's

• Recruitment Drive, Limited - 1-2ss
  • No More Mr. Nice Guy, Limited - 3ss
  • Smoke & Mirrors, But Mostly Smoke - 1ss
  • Unpaid Debts/Death Defying - 2ss
  • What is Freely Given - 2ss
  • A Nickel for Your Soul - 1ss

Carny, Rare 3

• Take Centre Stage - 1

Oddity

• Bat Boy Lives - 1
  • Hall of Mirrors - 1
  • The Turk - 1
  • I'm a Dancer - 1
  • Feegee Mermaid - 2
  • Chimera - 2

Quite a few really! 

I'd be happy to put the Smoke into Recruitment Drive (making it even more different from NmM.NG as gives the ranged triggers) and leave it at 2ss

Maybe we can cut A Nickel for your soul as Freely given also gives a way to gather soulstones

Maybe cut 2 of the Oddity upgrades?  I probably can't see myself taking Hall of Mirrors & something else?  Just don't take away my Feegee Slate Ridge Mauler!! :D

That would drop it to 9 upgrades, the same as Hoffman

• Like 1

I agree with Da Git to put Smoke and Mirrors into Recruitment Drive.  Then make it 2SS.  I would say put the Encore trigger for May I Direct Your Attention into either one of the Limited upgrades.

Freely and Nickel are similar enough they could be condensed into one upgrade/drop one for the other.

While I like the idea of 6 Oddity upgrades (3NB/3AR), I will concede to the majority on this. If two had to go, I would vote for The Turk and Hall of Mirrors. 

I think it is almost time for a new thread that provides a clear updated version of what we are working off for all models.  I am almost confused which Cooper is the current one.

Also, my iPod just inspired me.  A better name for "Recruitment Drive"

"Welcome To My Nightmare"

Edited by Solicitor 6
  • Like 1

Welcome To My Nightmare is most welcome :D We need more Alice Cooper references :D

I also don't think we neeeed to cut the Oddity upgrades. I think 6 is good enough, at 3 per faction. For instance, how many modification upgrades are there? In that vein, I have no problem having a bunch of them open. However, we could ALSO consolidate them. Hear me out:

~~~~~

Minor Gaff

Cost: 1ss

The Turk: If the model this Upgrade is attached to is Arcanist, it gains the Construct characteristic and gains following ability:

Armor+1: (text for Armor+1)

Bat Boy Lives!: If the model this Upgrade is attached to is Neverborn, it gains the Nephilim characteristic and gains the following ability:

Black Blood: (text for Black Blood)

Restriction: Oddity, Rare 1

~~~~~

Moderate Gaff

Cost: 2ss

I'm A Dancer!: If the model this Upgrade is attached to is Arcanist, it gains the Showgirl characteristic and gains the following ability:

Don't Mind Me: (text for Don't Mind Me)

Hall of Mirrors: If the model this Upgrade is attached to is Neverborn, it gains the Mimic characteristic and gains the following ability:

Which One Is Real!?: (text for Which One Is Real!?)

~~~~~

Major Gaff

Cost: 3ss

Chimera: If the model this Upgrade is attached to is Arcanist, it gains the Beast characteristic and gains the following ability:

Three-Headed: (text for Three-Headed)

Feegee Mermaid: If the model this Upgrade is attached to is Neverborn, it gains the Woe characteristic and gains following ability:

Unnerving: (text for Unnerving)

~~~~~

This would also allow us to retain the costs of 1, 2, and 3 stones for these upgrades, being sure to consider futureproofing for future Arcanist/Neverborn dual faction models. Thoughts?

(a gaff in sideshow lore, aside from being a carnival game, is an artifact, usually forged, which is put on display. Usually a mummy or taxidermy or the like)

~Lil Kalki

• Like 1

I have to say, I prefer keeping the 6 Oddity upgrades separate.  I do like the use of Gaff Kalkris and was trying to figure out a way to incorporate it into Cooper somehow.  Not sure though of cutting them down to 3 upgrades.

I am really not sold on the idea of restricting the type of the upgrade upon the model's based faction.  To me that takes away from some of the fun of the sideshow idea and part of the original thinking/concept was a model having a characteristic you did not expect.

I like the idea of a Showgirl Terror Tot (think demonic Dancing Baby), or a Blackblood Razorspine Rattler (Snake Demon). 

• Like 2

I agree with both of you. I really like what Kalkris did with the upgrades but I'd have them reversed! They are called Oddity!

So

Acranist: Bat Boy, Hall of Mirrors and Feegee Mermaid

Neverborn: The Turk, I'm a dancer! and Chimera.

This gives the Factions something they don't already have and really fits that Oddity vibe! Arcanists already have plenty of armour and showgirls, give them to the Neverborn. Vice versa for black blood. It also stops Unnerving being combined with Insidious Madness and Mr. Tannin.

I don’t play Neverborn, how powerful is Which one is really? To me that looks the weakest of the upgrades. Is there anything else we can sub it for or is there something I'm not seeing?

Also like the Welcome to my Nightmare name change.

• Like 1

Da Git, that actually seems like a pretty good fix to the Tannen/Madness issue, if we use my 3-upgrade mode. Very nice!

So, Which One Is Real!? is very powerful as a defensive ability. It makes the Doppelganger completely unshootable while engaged with an enemy, or within 2" of an engaged enemy. While a lot of folks shy away from shooting into an engagement in the first place, Which One Is Real!? helps a ton if the opponent does decide to (or if you want to ;) ).

~Lil Kalki

For Alice Cooper references, what about changing the name of Bestial Transformation to Feed My Frankenstein?

Ok Get read for a Triple post!!

Here are the upgrades, there are 8 (4 for Mr. Cooper, 1 Carny, 3 Oddities) of them, which is about par for course.  I'm really happy with them.  What do you think of the cost?

• Welcome to My Nightmare - I think this should be 1 because you also have to pay for the upgrades
  • No More Mr Nice Guy - At the moment it's 3ss, I think that's fair.  (I changed Bestial Transformation to Feed My Frankenstein)
  • Vengeance Will be Mine - 2ss, I changed the name to this (another Cooper song) & added Encore to this one. I think it's a solid 2.
  • What is Freely Given - a solid 2, this is a very nice (0) action with great trigger.
  • Take Centre Stage - a nice little 1ss upgrade
  • Oddities, I think these are fair at 1,2,3ss  The wording for these is from the early versions of McMourning's Avatar.

Upgrades

Welcome To My Nightmare  1ss

Mr Cooper, Limited

This Model gains the following ability:

Run Away With Me: Non-Showgirl, non-Carny minion models may attach a single Upgrade with the Oddity restriction ignoring the usual restrictions for attaching upgrades.

Hazy Condition

The Haze Only Grows Thicker ability

C Noxious Gas: After damaging, Target gains the Poison +3.      

Ct Smoke and Fire: After damaging, Target gains the Burning +3.

No More Mr Nice Guy  3ss

Mr Cooper, Limited

(1) Sharpened Claws (Ml 5 / Rst: Df / Rg x2): Target suffers 3/4/5 damage and immediately takes a TN9 Horror Duel. This Action gains + to the attack duel.

C Infect: After succeeding, the target gains the Poison +1 Condition a number of times equal to the number of c in the Final Duel Total.

rm Feed My Frankenstein: After damaging but before killing the target, Mr. Cooper gains the following condition until end of turn: "Eat Your Fill: After killing or sacrificing an enemy model, this model may choose to heal all damage it has suffered and end its Activation."

Unpaid Debts 2ss

Mr Cooper

This model gains the following Ability.

Unpaid Depbts: The first time this model is reduced to 0 wounds it may empty its Soulstone Cache to regain half as many wounds as soulstones were discarded.

This model’s May I Direct Your Attention Action gains the following Triggers:

mt Encore: After succeeding, do not discard the Scheme Marker.

What is Freely Given  2ss

Mr. Cooper

This model gains the following Attack Action:

(0) What Is Freely Given (Ca 6M / TN: 16 M / Rst: Wp / Rg: 6): Target non-Leader model must discard a Soulstone, then immediately takes a (1) Action chosen and controlled by this model's controller. The model is considered friendly to Mr. Cooper for the duration of the Action.

(M M) Gratefully Received: After succeeding, this model gains 1 Soulstone.

Take Centre Stage 1ss

Carny, Rare 3

(0)Take Centre Stage (Ca 6m / TN: 15): Place this model in the centre of the board. Mr. Cooper may not take Interact actions for the remainder of this activation. Mr. Cooper can only succeed in taking this Action once per game, and only on any Turn after the first.

Oddity Upgrades

Minor Gaff – 1ss

Bat Boy Lives: If this crew’s declared faction is Arcanists, this model gains the Nephilim characteristic and the following ability:

Black Blood

Bat Boy Lives: If this crew’s declared faction is Neverborn, this model gains the Construct characteristic and the following ability:

Armour +1

Moderate Gaff – 2ss

Hall of Mirrors: If this crew’s declared faction is Arcanists, this model gains the Mimic characteristic and the following ability:

Which One is Real?

I’m a Dancer: If this crew’s declared faction is Neverborn, this model gains the Showgirl characteristic and the following ability:

Don't Mind Me

Major Gaff – 3ss

Feegee Mermaid: If this crew’s declared faction is Arcanists, this model gains the Woe characteristic and the following ability:

Chimera – 2ss

Chimera: If this crew’s declared faction is Neverborn, this model gains the Beast characteristic and the following ability:

Three-Headed

Ok, here's the ability one that we all basically know and love

Mr. Cooper (This model needed another (0) action, I wrote up Nothing's Free (another Cooper song & I like it as it plays off the bargain or whatever the Neverborn took from Cooper)  What do you think?  Can you think of something better (although we don't need to if we go the condition route).

Cache 3

Master, Living, CARNY

Df6 Wp5t Wd9 Wk6 Cg- Ht2

Abilities:

Df/Wp (Tomes) Sleight of Hand: Once per Turn, after failing but before flipping for damage, the attacking model must pass a TN 10 Wp duel. If the model fails, place a friendly model within 6" of Mr. Cooper into base contact with Mr. Cooper.  Then place Mr. Cooper anywhere within 6". The attacking model then deals no damage.

Danse Macabre: Enemy models within 3 must pass a TN 10 Wp duel when declaring any action other than a Walk action or all duels in the action receive - unless the Action was generated as part of the Charge action.

The Haze Only Gets Thicker: Simple Wp duels generated this model and upgrades add the current turn number to their TN.

Attack Actions:

(1) Blow Smoke (Sh 5C / Rst: Wp / Rg: 6): Target suffers 1/2b/3bb damage. All models damaged by this Action must succeed in a TN9 Wp duel or be pushed 3" away from this model.

Tactical Actions:

(0) Nothing’s Free: Before this model takes an action, choose a suit, this model may suffer one damage to gain the chosen suit to all duels in the action.

Flying Monkeys (no changes)

Flying Monkeys  5ss

Arcanist/Neverborn

Cost: 5

Minion, Living, Totem (Mr. Cooper), BEAST

Df6, Wp3, Wd4, Wk5, Ch8, Ht1

Abilities:

Flight: This model is immune to falling damage and may ignore any terrain or models while moving.

Swarm: A crew may hire up to three of this model.

Barreling Monkeys: When this model completes a Charge Action, target model must take a TN8 Horror duel.

The Haze Only Gets Thicker: Simple duels generated by this model and upgrades attached to this model add the current turn number to their TN.

Attack Actions:

(0) Grab and Drop (Ml 1R /Rst: Ht / Rg: x1): Place target enemy model within 5” of this model, then place this model within 2" of the target. The target suffers falling damage as if it had fallen from a height equal to the amount by which this model's final duel total exceeded the target's, up to a maximum of 6. If the model is killed, this model counts as having killed it.

R Apes on the Wing: Immediately increase this model's final duel total by 1 for each other friendly Flying Monkey model within 1" of the target.

Tactical Actions:

(2) Fly, My Pretties! Fly, FLY!!!: Target all friendly Flying Monkeys within 3" of this model. Place this model anywhere within 5", then place all Flying Monkeys targeted by this Action anywhere within 3" of this model. Only take this Action if this model is not engaged.

Baritone Lola (I removed Me too from him as he has 7 actions & abilities which is par for the course for Henchmen)

Baritone Lola  10ss

Neverborn

Cache: 3ss (Directly proportional to Cost)

Living, Henchman, Rare 1, NIGHTMARE, CARNY

Df6 Wp6 Wd9 Wk6 Cg7 Ht2

Abilities:

Forms Given Fears: Models that begin their Activation within this model’s Engagement range must succeed on a Wp 11 Duel or suffer 3 damage.

Killing Joke: Whenever this model kills an enemy model, all enemy models within p3 must succced on a TN9 Wp Duel or gain Slow.

Terrifying (All) 10: Enemy models must pass a TN 10 Horror Duel if they end a Walk action within this model’s engagement range or target this model with an action.

The Haze Only Gets Thicker: Simple Wp duels generated this model and upgrades add the current turn number to their TN.

Attack Actions

(1) Belly Flop (Ml 6t / Rst: Df / Rg: x1): Target suffers 1/2/7 damage

r I Can't Breathe!: Target gains the Slow Condition.

T Bang on Target!: This attack’s damage flip gains + for every t in the attack flip’s total.

(1) Projected Voice (Ca 6t / Rst: Df / Rg: l10): Target suffers 1/1b/2bb damage.

tm Showstopper: After Damaging, the target must discard 2 cards or receive the Paralysed Condition.

Tactical Actions

(0) Dances Like a Ballerina (Ca 6t / TN: 12 / Rst: Wp / Rg: 12): Target model moves its Wk towards this model.  This model then moves its Wk towards the Target

tr Sings Like a Belladonna: If this model ends its move within its engagement range, it may immediately take a 1 AP Ml Attack Action against the target without spending any AP.

Thin Lizzy  Added Burnt Cigarette Attack Action

Thin Lizzie, The Bearded Lady  6SS

Neverborn

Living, Enforcer, Rare 1, CARNY, WOE

Df 4, Wp 5, Wd 6, Wk, 5 Ch 6, Ht 2

Abilities

Don’t Mind me: This model may take Interact Actions while engaged.

Lady’s got a Beard!: When an enemy model attacks this model with a Ml Attack, it must pass a TN 9 Wp duel or the Action immediately fails.

Attack Actions

(1) Lure (Ca 7cm / TN: 12cm / Rst: Wp / Rg: 18): Move target model its Wk. The target must end the move as close to this model as possible.

cc Wry Amusement: After resolving this action, the target gains the Slow Condition.

mm Or Not: If the target ends the move within this model’s engagement range, this model may immediately take a 1 AP Ml Attack Action against the target without spending AP.

(1) Burnt Cigarette (Ml 4 / Rst: Df / Rg: 1): Target suffers 1/1/3 damage. 

Tactical Actions

(0) Hands off the Beard!: All models within p3 must pass a TN 9 Wp duel or be pushed 3” away from this model.

(0) Greet the “Guests”: This model gains the following condition until the end of the Turn: “Chatty: Enemy models with a6 may not take Interact actions.”

Mercury (no Changes)  Kalki, what do you think about him having to take the Barbell spin on a charge?  Or do you think it should be optional?  Under pressure sounds like the headlock maneuver from the story which doesn't sound like a charge move to me.

Mercury, The Strongman  9SS

Arcanist

Living, Enforcer, Rare 1, CARNY

Df 4, Wp 5, Wd 8, wk 4, Ch 6, Ht 2

Abilities

Headlong Charge: When this model takes a Charge Action, it must make a single 2 AP Attack Action instead of two AP 2 Attack Actions.

Df (t) I Want To Break Free: After succeeding against a Ml Attack Action, push all enemy models with p2 2” away from this model.

Impossible to Wound: Damage flips against this model gain -.  Damage flips against this model may not be cheated.

Don’t Stop Me Now: If this model is reduced by a x Attack Action, this model may immediately make a (2) x Attack Action against the enemy model.

Attack Actions

(2) Barbell Spin (Ml 5 / Rst: Df / Rg: 2): Target suffers 3/5/7 damage.  After resolving this action, this model must make a Barbell Spin Attack Action against another target in Range until all valid targets have been Attacked.

(1) Under Pressure (Ml 6c / Rst: Df / Rg: 1): Target suffers 2/2/3 damage and the Slow Condition. 

tc Ice, Ice, Baby!: If the target had the Slow Condition before this action was taken, it gains the Paralysed Condition.

Tactical Actions

(0) Who Wants to Live Forever?: This model permanently lowers its Df by 1 to perform a 1/2/3 healing flip.

(1) Give Me the Prize!: Target an enemy scheme market within 2. This Scheme Market becomes friendly to this crew.

Mummerettes (no changes)

Mummerette  5SS

Neverborn

Construct, Minion, Rare 2, PUPPET, CARNY

Df6, Wp4, Wd6, Wk6, Ch-, Ht2

Abilities

Bulletproof +2: Reduce all Damage suffered by this model from Ranged Attacks by +2, to a minimum of 1.

Always in Motion: This model may not be targeted by the Charge action or Disengaging Strikes.

Manipulative 8: If this model has not yet activated this Turn, when an enemy model targets this model with an Attack Action, the enemy model must first pass a TN 8 Wp duel or the Action immediately fails.

Attack Actions

(0) Stage Props (Ml 5t / Rst: Df / Rng: 1): Target suffers 2/3/5 damage. When this Action is declared, this model either the Attack flip or Damage flip to gain +.

Tm Can I have another Volunteer?: After damaging, take this Action again. Increase this action’s Range to 8 for the duration of the action. This trigger may only be declared once per turn.

T Didn’t notice it: This model’s doesn’t count has having activated yet for its Manipulative ability.

So, first off, the other things are spot-on and I think we will not be using the Condiiton, since hardly anyone gave an idea to use.

I don't understand quite why the Encore trigger would be put on Blow Smoke? I see no interaction with scheme markers.

I think that Nothing's Free is a great ability and seems pretty darn good for a (0). I like this more than it as an ability because it is then optional :D

I think that your logic is sound regarding Mercury's Headlong Charge, considering the (1) and (2) attack actions he has. I think keeping Headlong Charge at only a (2) is good. However, Sweep the Barbell needs rewording; if Mercury has three opponents engaged with him, he can kill one or more of them with his actions in a near-endless loop before going for #3, by this wording. He attacks a target (#1). He attacks another target (#2). He attacks another target (based on #2 in this case, so #1 is legal). He attacks another target (#2, since it's going by #1 again). #3 can be attacked, but as long as Mercury is engaged with all three, Mercury can kill one outright. Thus, that needs rewording.

I think we could remove Lizzy's charge stat if all she has is a burning cigarette and a Lure.

~Lil Kalki

Last one and then goodnight!!  Hope everything is right!!  Dammit, I knew there'd be mistakes!! It's meant to on May I Direct Your Attention! Changing now!

Agree with you on the other points what about adding "Each model may only be targeted once per activation with this attack."?

Here's my take on making Hazy a Condition (I've also upped all of the TNs by one for this, do you think that's fair?  All models have naturally lost The Haze Only Gets Thicker Ability.

Mr. Cooper - Only changes are adding Centre of the Haze & rewording Blow Smoke.

Cache 3

Master, Living, CARNY

Df6 Wp5t Wd9 Wk6 Cg- Ht2

Abilities:

Danse Macabre: Enemy models within 3 must pass a TN 11 Wp duel when declaring any action other than a Walk action or all duels in the action receive - unless the Action was generated as part of the Charge action.

Attack Actions:

(1) Blow Smoke (Sh 5C / Rst: Wp / Rg: l6 or x1): Target suffers 1/2b/3bb damage. Enemy models damaged by this Attack gain the following Condition until the end of the turn: Hazy +1: Whenever this model takes a Simple Willpower duel generated add +1 to the TN to a maximum of +3. If the Condition is +3 or higher, this model may not cheat these duels. 

Tactical Actions:

(0) The Haze Thickens (Ca 6m / TN: 14 m): All Enemy models in p6 must pass a TN 12 Wp dual or gain the following Condition until the end of the turn: Hazy +1: Whenever this model takes a Simple Willpower duel generated add +1 to the TN to a maximum of +3. If the Condition is +3 or higher, this model may not cheat these duels. 

Flying Monkeys - just upped the Horror duel from 8-9 on Barrelling Monkeys

Flying Monkeys  5ss

Arcanist/Neverborn

Cost: 5

Minion, Living, Totem (Mr. Cooper), BEAST

Df6, Wp3, Wd4, Wk5, Ch8, Ht1

Abilities:

Flight: This model is immune to falling damage and may ignore any terrain or models while moving.

Swarm: A crew may hire up to three of this model.

Barrelling Monkeys: When this model completes a Charge Action, target model must take a TN9 Horror duel.

Attack Actions:

(0) Grab and Drop (Ml 1R /Rst: Ht / Rg: x1): Place target enemy model within 5” of this model, then place this model within 2" of the target. The target suffers falling damage as if it had fallen from a height equal to the amount by which this model's final duel total exceeded the target's, up to a maximum of 6. If the model is killed, this model counts as having killed it.

R Apes on the Wing: Immediately increase this model's final duel total by 1 for each other friendly Flying Monkey model within 1" of the target.

Tactical Actions:

(2) Fly, My Pretties! Fly, FLY!!!: Target all friendly Flying Monkeys within 3" of this model. Place this model anywhere within 5", then place all Flying Monkeys targeted by this Action anywhere within 3" of this model. Only take this Action if this model is not engaged.

Baritone Lola - gave him Centre of the Haze & changed Projected Voice to Blow Smoke so he can give out Hazy

Baritone Lola  10ss

Neverborn

Cache: 3ss (Directly proportional to Cost)

Living, Henchman, Rare 1, NIGHTMARE, CARNY

Df6 Wp6 Wd9 Wk6 Cg7 Ht2

Abilities:

Forms Given Fears: Models that begin their Activation within this model’s Engagement range must succeed on a Wp 12 Duel or suffer 3 damage.

Killing Joke: Whenever this model kills an enemy model, all enemy models within p3 must succeed on a TN10 Wp Duel or gain Slow.

Terrifying (All) 11: Enemy models must pass a TN 11 Horror Duel if they end a Walk action within this model’s engagement range or target this model with an action.

Attack Actions

(1) Belly Flop (Ml 6t / Rst: Df / Rg: x1): Target suffers 1/2/7 damage

r I Can't Breathe!: Target gains the Slow Condition.

T Bang on Target!: This attack’s damage flip gains + for every t in the attack flip’s total.

(1) Blow Smoke (Sh 5C / Rst: Wp / Rg: l6 or x1): Target suffers 1/2b/3bb damage. Enemy models damaged by this Attack gain the following Condition until the end of the turn: Hazy +1: Whenever this model takes a Simple Willpower duel generated add +1 to the TN to a maximum of +3. If the Condition is +3 or higher, this model may not cheat these duels. 

Tactical Actions

(0) Dances Like a Ballerina (Ca 6t / TN: 12 / Rst: Wp / Rg: 12): Target model moves its Wk towards this model.  This model then moves its Wk towards the Target

tr Sings Like a Belladonna: If this model ends its move within its engagement range, it may immediately take a 1 AP Ml Attack Action against the target without spending any AP.

Thin Lizzy - a few changes, Added Or Not Trigger to Lure (going to add this to the other one too) dropped severe on Burnt Cigarette to 1 & added auto trigger for Hazy

Thin Lizzie, The Bearded Lady  6SS

Neverborn

Living, Enforcer, Rare 1, CARNY, WOE

Df 4, Wp 5, Wd 6, Wk, 5 Ch 6, Ht 2

Abilities

Don’t Mind me: This model may take Interact Actions while engaged.

Lady’s got a Beard!: When an enemy model attacks this model with a Ml Attack, it must pass a TN 9 Wp duel or the Action immediately fails.

Attack Actions

(1) Lure (Ca 7cm / TN: 12cm / Rst: Wp / Rg: 18): Move target model its Wk. The target must end the move as close to this model as possible.

cc Wry Amusement: After resolving this action, the target gains the Slow Condition.

mm Or Not: If the target ends the move within this model’s engagement range, this model may immediately take a 1 AP Ml Attack Action against the target without spending AP.

(1) Burnt Cigarette (Ml 4m / Rst: Df / Rg: 1): Target suffers 1/1/1 damage. 

m Breathe Deeply: Enemy Models damaged by this Attack gain the following Condition until the end of the turn: Hazy +1: Whenever this model takes a Simple Willpower duel generated add +1 to the TN to a maximum of +3. If the Condition is +3 or higher, this model may not cheat these duels. 

Tactical Actions

(0) Hands off the Beard!: All models within p3 must pass a TN 10 Wp duel or be pushed 3” away from this model.

(0) Greet the “Guests”: This model gains the following condition until the end of the Turn: “Chatty: Enemy models with a6 may not take Interact actions.”

Mercury - Exactly the same as the other one, since he has nothing to do with hazy

Mercury, The Strongman  9SS

Arcanist

Living, Enforcer, Rare 1, CARNY

Df 4, Wp 5, Wd 8, wk 4, Ch 6, Ht 2

Abilities

Headlong Charge: When this model takes a Charge Action, it must make a single 2 AP Attack Action instead of two AP 2 Attack Actions.

Df (t) I Want To Break Free: After succeeding against a Ml Attack Action, push all enemy models with p2 2” away from this model.

Impossible to Wound: Damage flips against this model gain -.  Damage flips against this model may not be cheated.

Don’t Stop Me Now: If this model is reduced by a x Attack Action, this model may immediately make a (2) x Attack Action against the enemy model.

Attack Actions

(2) Barbell Spin (Ml 5 / Rst: Df / Rg: 2): Target suffers 3/5/7 damage.  After resolving this action, this model must make a Barbell Spin Attack Action against another target in Range until all valid targets have been Attacked.

(1) Under Pressure (Ml 6c / Rst: Df / Rg: 1): Target suffers 2/2/3 damage and the Slow Condition. 

tc Ice, Ice, Baby!: If the target had the Slow Condition before this action was taken, it gains the Paralysed Condition.

Tactical Actions

(0) Who Wants to Live Forever?: This model permanently lowers its Df by 1 to perform a 1/2/3 healing flip.

(1) Give Me the Prize!: Target an enemy scheme market within 2. This Scheme Market becomes friendly to this crew.

Mummerettes - Added Breathe Deeply Trigger to Stage Props

Mummerette  5SS

Neverborn

Construct, Minion, Rare 2, PUPPET, CARNY

Df6, Wp4, Wd6, Wk6, Ch-, Ht2

Abilities

Bulletproof +2: Reduce all Damage suffered by this model from Ranged Attacks by +2, to a minimum of 1.

Always in Motion: This model may not be targeted by the Charge action or Disengaging Strikes.

Manipulative 9: If this model has not yet activated this Turn, when an enemy model targets this model with an Attack Action, the enemy model must first pass a TN 9 Wp duel or the Action immediately fails.

Attack Actions

(0) Stage Props (Ml 5t / Rst: Df / Rng: 1): Target suffers 2/3/5 damage. When this Action is declared, this model either the Attack flip or Damage flip to gain +.

Tm Can I have another Volunteer?: After damaging, take this Action again. Increase this action’s Range to 8 for the duration of the action. This trigger may only be declared once per turn.

T Didn’t notice it: This model’s doesn’t count has having activated yet for its Manipulative ability.

m Breathe Deeply: Models damaged by this Attack gain the following Condition until the end of the turn: Hazy +1: Whenever this model takes a Simple Willpower duel generated add +1 to the TN to a maximum of +3. If the Condition is +3 or higher, this model may not cheat these duels. 

Personally bar your thoughts, I'm really happy with these (I prefer the ability one, but I actually don't mind the Condition version).  What do you think?  Time to start play testing?

Also, if you PM me your emails, I can send you a copy of the Word Document I've made.

Looking at those, I like what you've got so far. Hazy, while a big point of contention, is still super functional mechanically with what we've got, and the rest of the crew looks sound. The only suggestion I want to make is that Mercury should have *more* mechanical synergy with the crew (through simple duels or the like - since those are a factor in every faction, why can't he have a simple duel somewhere?). Right now he looks like he is a character for Colette (funnily enough) and not so much a character for Mr. Cooper. Perhaps giving him Barreling Charge (off of the Monkeys) in place of one of his other abilities would be workable?

Also, we don't need to get too ahead just yet. These looks great so far (and well before I thought we'd be ready!), but I was thinking we would have from 2 weeks to a month after GenCon, to 1-2 weeks before Black Friday to playtest, and that brainstorming would end a few days before GenCon. There's no rush to playtest just yet, and there's a bit of further prep work to be done (making a new thread, possibly making playtest stat cards, etc.) before I want to call us quite ready to playtest.

I do think that we have a bunch of great, solidified ideas and I'm totally down for making them even more perfect, but I want to get those few things done first, if that is okay! We are reaching stage 2, and that makes me more excited than ever for this crew!

~Lil Kalki