Alright You Silly Guildies - Tell me... Why Justice When You Can Just McMourning Instead?

SpectreEliteGaming

"Better" is a really subjective term - many people will find they gel with the way a particular master gets the job done, and clash with another.  Obviously they will find the former "better" and the latter "worse"

It's not objective though, its just how it is for them.

I'm not sure anyone can be really objective about this really.

However, that said, there are some masters that simply seem to have an easy way of doing almost everything well.  Every faction has at least one of them, and they are probably "better" in some way.  Doesn't mean that not using them puts you at a disadvantage though as any master can still bring a game to any table and pool, its just that for some you'd require specific builds and practice, as with that "better" tier you'd just need to put models on the table and let the crew do what it naturally wants to do.

In the end, it comes down (as always) to the player rather than the models they are playing with.

You will rarely catch me bashing a master (unless we're playing a game of course).

Joel

"Better" is a really subjective term - many people will find they gel with the way a particular master gets the job done, and clash with another.  Obviously they will find the former "better" and the latter "worse"

It's not objective though, its just how it is for them.

True. Ask me and MasterDisaster about Criid; you'll hear two slightly different opinions.

When I play against newer players (after they've gotten their initial learning games in but are still a novice) I generally try to take masters I'm not overly familiar with...or try out new models. With Lady J's bad rep I figured she'd be pretty good against newer players....until I realized how good she could really be.

Me to, time to paint the M1 one... and M1 alternative one... and M1 Avatar one....

I'd totally buy a resculpt of the original one. The pose is awesome and characterful, but it lacks a certain elegance later models acquired.

I think the m1e models are usually a lot better than the m2e. They have lost all character nowadays. There are exceptions too though like Mr. Tannen and Mr. Graves who are amazing.

Now I don't agree any more. I like most of the newer sculpts better than the old ones.

• Like 1

So with you here zFiend! The old models had tons of character, the new ones may have some nice detail but lack the "feel" of the old ones.

Nah... Candy, Samael, Judge, Leveticus, Marcus, they gained a lot with the edition change.