Older Edition Stories?

I've been reading through my lovely core book and crossroads with its nice stories and descriptions but it made something occur to me.

Are there stories in the older edition rulebooks? Are they different? If so I kinda feel I'm missing out, are these available anywhere?

Or you can sit back and listen to the Wyrd Breachside Broadcast. 

My only sadness with this podcast (and it's a truly minor sadness) is that the podcast started with Book 1 instead of Chronicles 1 :)

No worries though.  This is the only podcast I'm listening to that is not set to "delete after listening"...  (ie: the only one I'm saving)

If the podcast ever circles back to the older chronicles stories I'll simply make a manual playlist to reorder them.

My only sadness with this podcast (and it's a truly minor sadness) is that the podcast started with Book 1 instead of Chronicles 1 :)

No worries though.  This is the only podcast I'm listening to that is not set to "delete after listening"...  (ie: the only one I'm saving)

If the podcast ever circles back to the older chronicles stories I'll simply make a manual playlist to reorder them.

I agree with this, or at least do Seamus Crashes a Funeral and Til Gran Kythera Dow since they lead up the stories in book 1 (especially Til Gran Kythera Dow). 

• Like 1

I'm working my way through the Chronicles now. Thank you all for the advice.

Which chronicles issue contains the first Book 1 story (or are they all seperate?) so i know when its time to try the breachside cast?

Most of the stories in chronicles are character stories that give you a feel for some aspect of Malifaux or a specific character and it's unclear when they are set, e.g Broken Creatures from #12 (Jun 2014) has backstory for Bishop and Barbaros and is set a lot earlier than its publication date would indicate.

Seamus Crashes a Funeral from #2 has the origin of Molly (which is reference in book 1) and Til Gran Kythera Dow from #3 is about Kythera (an important location in book 1) and Philip Tombers (whose head and journal are important macguffins during book 1).

I should rephrase actually. I'm not actually sad about the podcast at all.

What I wanted to say is that I would be really really happy if the Chronicles stories are also used for the podcast material, and it would have been really great for them to be in an order that I think it chronological, but thinking on it more, it doesn't really matter if the release is in chronological order (as I can always make my own playlist to reorder the stories if I'm going to binge listen), so really all I want is for those Chronicles stories to eventually be part of the podcast material.

Please, pretty please, with a cherry-infused soulstone on top?