Holy pandora

Peanut Butter dude

Pandora is perfectly capable of spreading out, or be a stand alone model. One way of playing her is to either go after or shut down everything big, important, or nasty in the opposing crew; depending on which of the limited upgrades you pick. When Pandora runs at full gears her crew is mostly a cheering section. Try to use her as a stand alone, you won't be disappointed!

i play regularly against NeilH's Pandora and this is totally my experience of her.  She is incredibly versatile and more recently I've never even played again Sorrows because they're not necessary to make her work (sure in strats like Turf War taking them can really stack up the Misery damage but Pandora is so reliable on her own that she doesn't rely on them).

• Like 1

I'm just getting into Neverborn (picked up Zoraida, Pandora, Lynch, and I'll grab Collodi when he comes out), and this thread has been really helpful to get tips on Pandora, since I haven't had the chance to play her yet.

My plan is to play the first couple games with her themed crew and set up the death ball just so I can get a feel for how she plays before branching out and learning more of her tricks. It seems like The Box Opens is the better limited upgrade in this situation, but I could be completely wrong.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread!

I find her sorrow deathball only works against an opponent once.

Played 2 games today as solo wrecking ball with full tank loadout, lets just say my opponents were steamrolled. Lucius and friends literally wiped out 10-4 and squeezed the life out of a Seamus crew(which he'd setup purely to counter pandy) 3-0. Not much fun for them but lots for the good lady.

I find her sorrow deathball only works against an opponent once.

Played 2 games today as solo wrecking ball with full tank loadout, lets just say my opponents were steamrolled. Lucius and friends literally wiped out 10-4 and squeezed the life out of a Seamus crew(which he'd setup purely to counter pandy) 3-0. Not much fun for them but lots for the good lady.

What sort of crews did you run? 

First game against guild lucius I ran with Laz with retributions eye, lilitu, 3 depleted, trapper and an insidious. Strat was the new version of recon. Pandy killed his lone marshall and the judge by end of her second activation and it was pretty much game over from there. RJ joker damage on lucius from a depleted was funny. Lilitu then dragged him through some terrain to finish him off.

I gave away an easy 3 with deliver a message buts its tough for her to stop.

Second game was the new version of turf war. Took hannah, graves, weaver, hans and dopp. It was against my opponent who hates Pandora even more than Jonahmaul so I took assassinate on Seamus to try and make it a bit challenging, frame on hannah. He just spent too much effort trying to kill Pandora, I luckily had the RJ in my hand turns 2 and 3 which luckily meant he couldn't get a bead on her with his focused .50.

He quit end of turn 4 after hannah ghost censer'd sybelle with a RJ negative flip, killing sybelle and finishing off chiaki and a belle(i think) with the blast. I was 3-0 up, probably would have finished 4-1.

I understand peoples frustrations playing against her. When Collodi comes out i'll share the love a bit more.

• Like 1

To clarify yeah, 200 + games with other masters and faction but what I've learned is "oh that's an awesome ability or upgrade!" Is a trap and the models have an underlying much more powerful use of ap or ss. I will agree on the fact that interference is a total bitch with pandora but that's probably more of a user error then pandora I have no problems running against summoning crews. You use incite to push into range and start using her 1 ap tactical action to maximize effectiveness set up is key get the insidious madness near by and force them to discard cards to cheat this is a horrific drain on either cards or life seeing as a nine must be flipped most the time to pass a 14 wp dual. Spending 3 ap with 4 or 5 models around can add up to in best case scenario 30 damage if 5 models are around, in a summoning heavy crew wouldn't be much of a stretch...just make sure there's a push lane out and hold a high card to push away even if she gets hit once or twice you have stones in my build that make damage prevention so awesome! 2 damage is a normal min damage if you flip a low card with the upgrade then you still take none it's so much more resilient then a terrifying check and seeing as no other models can use stones with a 7 pool you've got a huge amount of damage reduction and that's assuming they hit... With the other upgrade you get to see 10 cards a draw .....thats a fifth of your deck... there's been multiple times for multiple turns a game i have nothing lower then a 10 in my hand. That's just gross and that makes nullify so easy to cast! If your a pandora player I highly suggest this just give it a couple runs and tell me what you think I would be happy to run someone who's played pandora a lot crew build to feel the difference and do a true comparison I just ask the same of this crew.

Summoning crews' main tactic against Pandora is simple. Summon & Spread.

While pandora kills or denies some of them, others collect VP and deny Pandora's VP.
So they can counter Pandora in recon and interference.

Return to topic, stitched have some problems. For example, their Wk and Rg.
So I recommend to swap 1 stitched to Tannen.

Additionally, I think doppleganger is better than Tuco, too.

Summoning crews' main tactic against Pandora is simple. Summon & Spread.

While pandora kills or denies some of them, others collect VP and deny Pandora's VP.

So they can counter Pandora in recon and interference.

That is absolutely one of the best ways of getting Pandora to make hard choices, overextend, or simply die trying to do too much. On the other hand, Pandora can come out victorious from that anyway.

Widow weaver I would probably take in squatters or turf war every time.

Doppleganger over Tuco most games.

Doppelganger is in general a better fit for Pandora. With that said, Tuco got offensive and defensive triggers that synergies quite well with Pandy. They make an ok pairing too if you need some shooting.

Widow Weaver is great in Headhunter too!

In my experience the action tends to centre around one or maybe two spots on the board sooner or later. WW is useful for two reasons in such situations. When stuff bunches up, she can debuff them. She can influences areas by just placing markers out, enemies will have to think twice about going there, which will result in some board control.

in headhunter, all neverborn masters should consider silurids - companion is superb for picking up those heads - and rolling attack triggers aren't too shabby either.

Even better is companion with leap! You can't even tie them up to stop them picking up the heads. I've not played any of my neverborn crews yet but Marcus and at least one silurid is my staple for HH.

Once you go purple, you never go back! 

I noticed zFiend "liked" that comment. I somehow expected him to derail the conversation and to respond with a Go Green - Recycle response about Ressers. :D

GoGreenImage.png

As for on topic, Pandora was my first master, and I really fell in love with her. That being said, over 120 games and 12 other masters later I recently picked her back up again and notice that I am having to relearn how to play her all over again as I am getting completely steamrolled each game with her compared to all the other masters I play. I think I just need to get back in the mindset of using her again as she was, and is still, a delight to play.

• Like 3