Mexican Standoff: Guild vs Resurrectionists

Dirial

So where are now with the score?

I'll count tomorrow (am still at my parents at the moment, and taking the train in half an hour). So, people, last chance to play a game, for tomorrow I count, and we will have final results!

A family emergency left me home alone with a 3 year old for much of the month while my wife was away dealing with it, so I only have 2 games to report.

Game One

Guard the Stash Vs Ophelia

Corner Deployment

Don't remember the pool, but we both took vendetta and plant evidence

I brought

McCabe with Sabre, Promises and Badge

Sidir

Hunter

Guardian

Austringer

Wastrel

Luna

2 Guild Hounds

Opponent took

Ophelia

Francois

Remi

Merris

Raphael

Lenny

And a Bayou or two

Ended 10-7 for me

Austringer pulled of a one shot vendetta on Merris, whom he has his plant evidence hope pinned on.

Second game was a recon game against Lady J

I had McCabe again with the same upgrades

Luna

2 Hounds

2 Wastrels

2 Pistoleros

Lone mashal

Opponent had

Justice

Judge

2 Riflemen

2 Deathmashals

Convict Gunslinger

Dashel

Don't remember the full pool, just that I had Protect territory and Plant explosived.

Final score was 9-4 for me  I lost strat points the last turn.  Opponent got the strat points 1 turn and full points for line in the sand.  A dog missile got me full points for explosives turn one  on the riflemen/dashel bunch and managed to tie up the riflemen for a couple of rounds thanks to the saber it was holding in its teeth.

• Like 1

Thanks for the report, Entropolous, and all the best to you and your family.

I'll count some time around midday so people can report games they might have played at the weekend.

So, zFiend, your original plan was to count wins, and use VP as a tie breaker, right? I'm not sure when I'll get access to a feasible statistics program to do an ANOVA, but I have some ideas to account for the difference in played games.

• Like 1

What could you possibly hope to learn from ANOVA?

If there is a significant difference between the samples over all? What method would you use, out of curiosity?

For the time being, I may just divide each data point (wins, VP) by played games.

If there is a significant difference between the samples over all? What method would you use, out of curiosity?

For the time being, I may just divide each data point (wins, VP) by played games.

The base assumptions for typical ANOVA tests are not valid here. I'm fairly sure that at least normality and depending on how you divide your data possibly also independence assumptions are invalid.

I would just count the win-loss or victory point difference or ratio and be done with it.

The base assumptions for typical ANOVA tests are not valid here. I'm fairly sure that at least normality and depending on how you divide your data possibly also independence assumptions are invalid.

I would just count the win-loss or victory point difference or ratio and be done with it.

Haven't checked my ANOVA assumptions in a while, so you're probably right. :D

So, if I counted correctly, we have for

April

Ressers: 18 games, 14 wins, +44 VP. Most played Master was Nicodem. Played games accounted for, Ressers won 78% of their games, making +2.44 VP per game.

Guild: 23 games, 16 wins, +55 VP. Most played Master was Sonnia. Played games accounted for, Guild won 70% of their games, making +2.39 VP per game.

May

Ressers: 17 games, 11 wins, +43 VP. Most played Master were McMourning and Nicodem. Played games accounted for, Ressers won 65% of their games, making +2.53 VP per game.

Guild: 20 games, 16 wins, +66 VP. Most played Master was Lucius. Played games accounted for, Guild won 80% of their games, making +3.3 VP per game.

Overall

Ressers: 35 games, 25 wins, +87 VP. Most played Master was Nicodem. Played games accounted for, Ressers won 71% of their games, making +2.49 VP per game.

Guild: 43 games, 32 wins, +121 VP. Most played Master was Sonnia. Played games accounted for, Guild won 74% of their games, making +2.81 VP per game.

Pretty close, but unless I somehow forgot to account for something, this seems like a win for the Righteous Faction.

I used the American decimal system for convenience of our trans-Atlantic friends.

• Like 2

Goddamn it.

I want to have Myyrä have a look on my conclusion, before I discuss the result. He tends to find my mistakes. ;)

But

'Guild' McMourning .... obviously ...

he has to buy a new box. Boxes he has already don't count.

Fairplay the guild really stepped up to the plate in May by the looks of it. Lucius is fun and you can think of yourself as subvertibg the guild to your own ends playing lucius if it makes you feel better deluding yourself that is........

Oh no, he cannot. If this result stands, I want to hear him say it:

ZFiend, which faction is the best faction in Malifaux?

oh_yes_creepy_loki.gif

• Like 1