Mexican Standoff: Guild vs Resurrectionists

Dirial

So first off, sorry for the silence. Month's been a little busier than I expected. Not to mention my one gaming day a week has finally started turning into a legit demo day as I am starting to see some new players. Means I get in slightly fewer games (that would count here) but hey, I wont complain. means next time we do this i'll have a whole troupe of folks to face off with!

However, this past weekend being a holiday here in the states meant I had time to get in all three games. Didn't get the huge wins I wanted, but I did get all three in, so here they are! (sorry guys... lol... just..... sorry...)

Game 1: Guild Lucius vs. Resser McMourning. my opponent was newer to the game, but he freaking CRUSHED me. I had a gun line all set up and ready to go... but we had Informant (think it's called) and he ran in there and pulled it away right at the start, then systematically tore my guys apart little by little. I managed to eek out some VP right at the end with assassinate, but that was it... lesson learned here? DO NOT TAKE MURDER PROTOGE AGAINST ANYONE WHO OWNS BETE NOIRE... it just doesn't work out. :P

final score, 8 to 2 in favor of Mcm.

Game 2: Guild Lucius vs. Molly. after learning a little from our last bout my opponent decided to go full on offense this time. Worked in his favor for the majority of the fight. I ended up winning but just barely. Plant evidence is hard with slow guild minions. I will have to rethink my crew next time I try this one out.

Final score, 5 to 4 and a win in my book!

Game 3: Hoffman vs Wong. The mechanical attendant is the best use of Soul Stones against Wong's AoE heavy crew. I lost this one simply because the Hoff-Bubble works only when it can be a bubble, and only ONE bubble. We had guard the stash (a strat I had lost once this month with Hoffman already and should have known better...) and I just could not keep my guys over on the other stash. I held one of them just fine, but over on the other, and out of reach of the Hoff, there was just no support and I lost it before I even really had it. Made up a little ground with Bodyguard and deliver message, but it wasn't enough.

Final Score 8 to 4, and a loss for the guild, and therefore, the world.

However, it was a blast. all three games were hilarious and insane, and I have found that I really really love Lucius. I thought Hoffman would end up being my favorite guild master, but the masked man might just end up seeing the most time on the table for me.

My 6:th and last game is here. This will not be a full report, as it would not make the game justice at all. Alot of strange stuff happend

So, yet again Patzer (Lynch/Neverborn) was my oponent. I played the Dr (McMourning), and yet again I lost! (9-7 neverborn win)

STRATEGY: 

Extraction   :ram

SCHEMES:
A Line in the Sand
Breakthrough  :mask
Cursed Object 1
Protect Territory  :tome
Murder Protege 11

My list: (I picked Protect  and Murder, both revealed) 

McMourning -- 6 Pool

+Moonlighting [1]

+Spare parts [2]

Chihuahua [2]

Sebastian [7]

+Transfusion [1]

Mortimer [9]

+Corps Bloat [2]

Guild Autopsy [4]

Rotten Belle [5]

Rotten Belle [5]

Crooked man [5]

Crooked Man [5]

Patzers list: (Picked Cursed and Murder, both hidden)

Jakob Lynch -- 6 Pool
 +The Rising Sun [2]
 +Wings of Darkness [1]

Hungering Darkness [0]
 +Fears Given Form [1]
Doppleganger [7]
Stitched Together [6]
Stitched Together [6]
Stitched Together [6]
Wicked Doll [4]
Vasilisa [9]
 +Strum the Threads [1]
 +A Friend To Talk To [2]

Quick resume:

As expected on an Extraction, alot of models were running to the middle.

Turn 2, 3 and 5 I got distracted.

He killed Mortimer turn 4 or 5

I failed my Murder

I got full from protect teritory

We both got 4 from Extraction. the marker actually never moved from centerpoint (I could had moved it turn 5, but it wouldn't had matter)

In this game I wanted to try play Spare Parts on McMourning. My hope were to get me 2 Rouge Necromancies and maybe expunge me a fleshie or even 2. I were hoping to deliver pain with a Rouge Necromancy or two (from the Spare Parts) and I managed to summon 2, both got instakilled with one activation from a singel Stiched. Those guys are rough! I on the other hand managed to kill Lynch with Shafted (Crooked man 0 action) and a Bell luring him into a scheme marker. McMourning got slayed the same turn via a stiched that got obeyed. Those Stiched realy won Patzer the game if you ask me. Especialy one of them. He killed McMourning and 2 Rouge Necromancies! That is a well deserved MVP if you ask me. The Rouge Necromancies he killed singelhanded.

I did not manage to expunge me any Flesh Constructs

My Chihuahua did awesome with Bloated Stench a total of three different times

Well played yet again from Patzer, who I think controlled the engagedment up til mid turn 4, I got low on hope in mid game, when my flipps went against me, but I got back in mode when I manage to kill Lynch with that Scheme marker "exploding" in his face and delivered 7 wounds!
  • Like 1

Hey guys!

Sorry for the delay in the reports. Bringing in some game reports for the Guild for May. But I come with good news! 3 Guild wins!

Game 1: WIN

Guild McMourning VS (filthy) Resser Seamus - Turf War

The end score was 8 - 7 to me. The highlight of the game was Sebastian, who had a ridiculous amount of poison on him, killing 2 belles and 1 hanged in one activation with Bloody Harvest.

Game 2: WIN

Perdita VS Ramos - Collect The Bounty

This game was the quickest win I've had in a long time. I used something I call, "The Killjoy Bomb". My opponent called the game at the end of turn 2.
Due to a bunch of family movement tricks, I had Loco in the middle of my opponents crew on turn 1 (this was aided by the flank deployment). He then proceeded to blow up once, bringing metal gamin down to their hard to wound and doing some serious to Langston. 2nd turn, my opponent activated first and made the mistake of killing Loco, who then blew up again, killing some gamin and damaging Joss. Then Killjoy popped out, who proceeded to kill the rest of his crew with the help of Perdita. At the end of turn 2, all my opponent had left was Ramos and a badly injured Joss.

Game 3: WIN

Perdita VS Mei Feng - Collect The Bounty (Again)

The end score was 10 - 6 to me. Perdita, as usual went on a killing spree. Killing 3 metal gamin, a railworker and the Rail Golem. The Pathfinder impressed me with holding up the rail golem with his traps for a couple turns until Perdita could deal with him. And, something else I was impressed with was how tough 2 guild guard, a wastrel and a pistolero can be.  The two guild guard are df 6 when close to each other and with the Pistolero behind them, they become df 6 with positives. The wastrel throws out some healing. This bunch held up Mei Feng for most of the game.

Hopefully this closes the gap a bit for us Guildies!

• Like 1

Well, increasing the gap then :)

Also, spreadsheet updated! Thanks for the link Jonah.

Hey,

that spreadsheet is just May results. I adapted your numbers, but the VP are clunky. Could you report the VP of the middle game again? That would be super helpful.

Thanks for helping me out against that green menace!

Hey,

that spreadsheet is just May results. I adapted your numbers, but the VP are clunky. Could you report the VP of the middle game again? That would be super helpful.

Thanks for helping me out against that green menace!

Yeah, wasn't sure that I did the VP correctly.

The VP for that middle game was 10 - 0 to me.

Okay, so I played my second game for May. Played against the dreaded Zoraida again, in Reconnoiter. I tried McCabe, and he might be my new favorite Master. Lots of fun.

Guild Guards ripping Coppelius apart with the Glowing Saber seemed very powerful. I even had fun with Wastrels.

Won 9-5.

• Like 1

Okay, so I played my second game for May. Played against the dreaded Zoraida again, in Reconnoiter. I tried McCabe, and he might be my new favorite Master. Lots of fun.

Guild Guards ripping Coppelius apart with the Glowing Saber seemed very powerful. I even had fun with Wastrels.

Won 9-5.

I think we may have lost this one. :P 

But I think you are pretty far ahead?

I lost 7-9, and won 9-5, so I was +2.

But no worries, dear Guildies. Perdita challenged Ten Inches Lynch to a Reckonning, with the most killy Scheme pool ever (Assassinate, Bodyguard, Vendetta, Make Them Suffer). The game was quite... spectacular. Papa blew up right in the middle of Jacob, Chiaki, and two Illuminated for tremendous amounts of damage. In return, a Stitched went totally apeshit and gambled three models to death (the Death Marshal it had some grief with included - easy Vendetta). Again, a Beckoner was really troublesome (they have amazing luck against me), but finally, Dita was able to turn the game around. She killed Lynch and a Beckoner in one activation, netting Reckoning, Assassinate and Make Them Suffer in one go for 5 VP in one activation.

Final result: 9-5 for the Guild.