Malifaux Game Analytics

cursingbulldog

Krogan there is a seperatly column for picking your faction. This way it avoided duplicate entries in the list. However if you prefer you should be able to unlock the lists tab and insert rows for the duplicate names.

I'm not sure why it it's not showing you those cells. If you messed with the formulas you'll need to reactivity them by using Conrol shift enter. Also the version of excel you are using might cause those cells to not work. I'll test my files after work to see if I can reproduce the issue but if not I'll need your file to check.

Not an Excel wiz so maybe this isn't worth it but I was curious if you'd be able to add another qualifier in the analytics tab for if a game was finished that could feed into the stats? I.e. did it go the full 5+ rounds? I don't think it needs to be actual number of rounds, more just Yes or No.

I know there are often times especially in tournaments where we reach a time limit and have to stop the game and count up points from there, sometimes after only 2 or 3 rounds of play. It'd be interesting to see the impact that had on values, whether you were scoring more or having a better game when able to finish full games vs halted ones. Are you a late game scorer or early, etc.

• Like 1

I could add it but I don't think it would represent well in the data. You'd be better off making separate tabs for full games and short games. You could also do this for factions or specific leaders or strategies if you wanted more specific data. In the future I wanna see if I can make the data filterable and have it calculate for only the shown data to reduce the need for separate tabs.

Falcon I think that data would be to unique to do much good in this spreadsheet only being used in a comparatively few number of results. The point of the analytics is to say, hey I pick these thing too much/ not enough or I am pretty good/bad with these things. I would also need to add in a whole another list with every model in the game which would get cumbersome. I do plan on adding a comments section next update where you could put this info though.

Declared schemes might be good to track but the analytics won't be worth anything until I can get filters working correctly.

I think I got it figured out, some of the references for the hidden calcs got off by a couple of columns. It should still work ok as long as you fill in all of the blanks but I'll get a fixed version up sometime tomorrow or this weekend with some other small changes. If folks want to fix it themselves you can unprotect the sheet and unhide the columns to the right. I think its just the percentage columns that need updating but i'll have to double check everything to be sure.

Ok the initial post is updated to the new version. I think I fixed all the cell references and everything seems to check out right. I also added some notes columns to the schemes and for the game for those who want to record more information, these cells aren't being analyzed though. I also switch the best and worst cells for opponents schemes to show which ones you defend the best/worst instead of which ones your opponent scored the best/worst at.

• 8 months later...

So I know people don't like resurrecting old threads, but this is one I think that is fitting. We are coming down to the last two months of 2015! I have been tracking EVERY game played on here. I thought it would be fun for people to start thinking about sharing stats in the next couple of months. Any goals or hopes you want to reach before the end of the year?

So far I have ONLY played Neverborn in 2015 (fought the urge of Outcasts and Rezzers). I have 42 games total played this year. I've included tournament, vassal games, shifting loyalties games, and friendly games in my games played (left out Henchman Hardcore).

One stat that surprised me the most is that my DIFF is 1.36 for the year.

So what about others who have been tracking?

• Like 2

I just stumbled across this and will be giving it a go. Looks pretty damn cool.

Oh yeah its great. Helps you set personal goals. I've also been able to see how I'm getting better with a master I just started over time and see what schemes and strats I typically take.

I will be filling in one for for 2016 as well. I have a terrible memory for stuff so this helps me look back and see how I did at the beginning of the year versus end.

• Like 1

Glad to see this resurface and that you folks find it useful. If anyone sees any errors or updates that need made let me know and I'll get it updated.

New Henchmen have been added in Wave 3.

• Guild
    • Doctor Grimwell
    • Master Queeg
  • Rezzer
    • Ana Lovelace
  • Neverborn
    • Angel Eyes
  • Outcast
    • Scion of the Void
  • All Factions
    • Wrath

There are probably others, but I don't remember.

• 2 months later...
On 2/1/2016 at 10:12 AM, PeregrineFalcon said:

@cursingbulldog any chance we can get an 'official update' on this? With GG2016, etc? Also I did find a slight error in the excel sheet when adding new rows as the 'hidden' calculation pane does not take into the account the added rows for games.

Thanks!

Ask and you shall receive.  First post updated with new link. Feel free to share with your friends or anyone else you feel like. 

Sorry for not getting the cell references fixed when you first messaged me about them but work and changing jobs took up a lot of my time. I'm not sure if adding new rows will work work due to the smaller cell sizes for the schemes and the the way some of my formulas are set up and I haven't tested it. However I have increased the number of game lines to near 500. If you need more then that I'd try to come up with a way to split your games up between two sheets and you've got to much free time. You should be able to just copy your old data into the new file. 

Do to the nature of the new scheme pool I'd probably make a new sheet exclusively for games you play using those because of how differently things should play out the old data likely won't correlate well. 

Let me know if you find any other bugs or have any other suggestions and I'll try to be quicker about getting those changes made. 

• Like 1

Hey mate.

I liked your speadsheet, and i'll be using it, but I added a new Data Validation to the "Leader" section, so that it only shows leaders from that Faction. 

I've PM'd you the link if you want to have a look and maybe play about with Dual Faction masters and such.

Brian