How to deal with Viks?

surly

I'm curious how you others handle the two sisters.

Sure it depends on the available scenarios, however imo they're just too troublesome to ignore. 

From the top of my head I'd try to out activate them, then try to focus one of them down with e.g. Francois. Depends how many SS they carry for prevention though. Also if you fail, they heal up and you're standing in melee with your pants down.

Beside Francis I'm not sure which models have enough punch to threaten them. Ideas?

I guess tanking or tarpitting them with something like Gracie or spamming Bayou Gremlins and Skeeters won't work.

All in all I'm a bit clueless how to get rid of them. Would be great if you could share me some ideas :D

Wong, Pigapult, 3x Stuffed Piglets and Trixie comes to mind. 

1st turn, out activate the Viks, play defensively, don't leave LoS for the Blood Missile, use Trixie to push them out of range (or hire another 3x Stuffed Piglets and hide behind them, let Vik charge and Whirlwind them  ;) ). Last activation of the turn goes to the 'pult which launches the 3 piglets so they're surrounding your target.

2nd turn, cheat initiative with Trixie and use Wong to fire into the mass of explodey piglet/Vik goodness. Best case scenario, you hit a pig, cheat in severe dmg killing it, triggering bacon bomb, the blasts wound the other 2 piglets, the 1st piglet hits Vik and hopefully finishes off the other 2 piglets, then the pulse dmg hopefully hits the Vik and if they weren't alreadt dead, hopefully finishes off the other 2 piglets, if they die, 2 more bacon bombs....

So Vik will be taking 5 separate lots of dmg between 1 and 4 each time.

It may not be the most efficient way, but it's a fun way

• Like 4

Hmmm, Ophelia + Lenny for min dmg 4, Rami for some early dmg also taking advantage of Lenny's  :ram aura, Pere Ravage to move up and act as bait, Francois as an additional dmg dealer. Fill up with a slop Hauler and Bayou Grem's to out activate your opponent.

Whatever you take, I think I would play it cagey. Stay at the edge of their max threat range until the commit to a charge (be mindful of who's got Oath Keeper for Fast). When they charge, play or stone a  :mask for squeel so they don't get their 2nd attack and are stuck in the open ready for your counter attack.
The Viks are glass cannons, you will lose models, just make sure they pay for every kill

• Like 1

Ophelia, Lenny and Pere can get Pere to move an ungodly amount in a turn so supplement that with three Young LaCroix for outactivation and Francois with Stilts for the secondary punch. Then Slop Haulers and Bayou Gremlins to fill out the crew. Trixie would be amazing for winning Initiative on the turn after the Pere slingshot.

• Like 1

The Viks are glass cannons. Bait them with something tempting yet expendible, then counter with something chunky. If you take out at least one then the other is far easier to handle. 

Out-activating them helps alot, but it will prove very difficult if they've taken an Obedient Wretch with some Malifaux Rats. A Pigapult would probably mess with that little activation engine quite well (range permitting) but failing that, having Trixibelle handy can help give you the initative the turn after they alpha strike you.

Other options would be to feed them chaff while you achieve your objectives, or neutralise them with something like a paralyse effect. 

The feeding them chaff doesn't quite work as they just get through it and wipe you out anyway eventually.

They can't be everywhere at once though. Even if they rip the heart out of your crew, if it means you've prevented them scoring actual VPs while you ran around achieving your own objectives then you can consider it mission accomplished. 

You definitely need to watch that Whirlwind trigger though. Swamping them with fodder just doesn't work. ;)

Don't need to surround them with fodder to slow them down. Remove a single AP and the missile doesn't really work. Remove the Student with judicious application of Rami or Pigapult and the missile similarly falls apart. Bayou bombs with Lenny and Show Off work, too, similar to Stuffed Piglets. Blood is super fragile, but expect Killjoy. Also fragile, but between the two of them, a substantial portion of your crew might be gone in even a single activation.

Seconded the Ophelia choices, but if you want to be interesting, here's a core that provides a different play:

S'omer

-Can O Beans

2 Skeeters

Mctavish

-Mud toss

The Vik's 0 actions that make things hardcore still only provide conditions. Student of Conflict? Fast CONDITION. And you have a McTavish who doesn't mind shooting into melee and getting good positions. Skeeters and Can o Beans means multiple times you can force a TN9-10 Willpower duel, and sometimes it's useful having a card versus card model when it comes to the Skeeter's defense. They send the Hench-Vik up? You S'omer the Leader Vik, and the Hench's Defense and Willpower bonus drops, and it's a battle of who flips better. If Killjoy is a threat you're concerned about, remember if it can't be placed, it can't be summoned.