Black Friday Sale

Sorry if this question already came up, but how exactly does Black Friday work at Wyrd?

Will there be special editions for sale at their online store, or will they simply announce the relaease of new kits, or whatever :?

(we don't have Black Friday in our country at all, so please excuse the question :D )

Sorry if this question already came up, but how exactly does Black Friday work at Wyrd?

Will there be special editions for sale at their online store, or will they simply announce the relaease of new kits, or whatever :?

(we don't have Black Friday in our country at all, so please excuse the question :D )

Last year there were Limited Ed, Nightmare Ed, and Pre Release box sets or models available for the duration of the sale from the Wyrd store. Black Friday seems to be an American thing. I'd never heard of it until a few years ago when South Park did a parody of it. 

• Like 1

Black Friday will last from the Friday after Thanksgiving (28th November) and will usually go through until Cyber Monday (1st Decmber) and typically also incorporates Wyrd's birthday so we get presents too - in the past this has included pre-release of models not out for a few months after the Black Friday sale, some old stock that were limited editions or just trying to sell old stuff (like puppet wars metal models as single figures last year)

D.

• Like 1

Last year there were Limited Ed, Nightmare Ed, and Pre Release box sets or models available for the duration of the sale from the Wyrd store. Black Friday seems to be an American thing. I'd never heard of it until a few years ago when South Park did a parody of it. 

Exactly this. All I basically know about this Black Friday thing is from South Park and (I guess) one episode of New Girl.

However, thanks for clarifying ;)

• Like 2

Shame postage costs make it worthless outside the us else id be all over this

Last year I spent around $210 on Black Friday stuff and it cost me around $30 for shipping via Fedex if memory serves. Worked out around £20 for postage and then they slapped me with around £15 import tax. So in the grand scheme of things it wasn't TOOO bad. Still getting stung for the import tax was a pain as many of my friends who chose to use the Royal Mail didn't have to pay the extra.  :angry:

Yeah, postage really isn't too bad.  I spent about $180 at Gencon total and shipping was only about $20 of that.  If you are UK based then the exchange rate against the $ at the moment makes it a pretty good deal.  You don't end up saving anything but you get stuff early and get limited edition stuff for no more than it would cost here (and if you think of the limited edition stuff resale value then technically you are saving).

Wyrd must have fixed their costs then as previous years they way overcharged for postage. Good to know

I don't think it's Wyrd that sets the costs of shipping. It's probably Fedex or USPS themselves who charge Wyrd their prices and Wyrd just pass that cost onto us. Granted my previous order didn't include any books, I avoided them because of the dramatic increase in shipping but still for an order which cost me around £175 the shipping was only £20 with the sneaky extra cost of £15 from our beloved customs office added on, which by the way they only decided to notify me of roughly 1 month later. 

I'm keen to place an order this year but it is entirely dependent on what is available and for how long. If it's just the Friday then I'm basically screwed but if it lasts the entirety of the weekend like last year then I'll splash out on some new goodies. *crosses fingers* Come on Hoffman, Shenlong, Kaeris, Hannah and Dreamer!!  :D

I guess it's all down to personal perception. To me £35.00 for taxes and postage is eye-wateringly expensive but if you're happy to pay it........ To be honest there is a stack of things I wish I'd got when they were available on Kickstarter so I'll almost certainly be ordering something (and making sure I don't do what I did last time - miss out on the Miss Ery model by $6.00). I want plastic Austringers so badly I'd probably pay the 20 quid postage just to get them!! It's like the most core Guild model and it's crazy that they're not out yet!

Also, perhaps we can have a limited edition Austringer upgrade to go with them? 'Flaming Raptor' - douse the bird in petrol and use him to set the Dreamer on fire, then blast the little brat with Sonnia! ;)

Witchling Handler + Austringer... Done. The Handler's ability to set attacks on fire was toned down to be LoS only though because the Austringer basically broke it's original version during the Beta.  :D

I guess it's all down to personal perception. To me £35.00 for taxes and postage is eye-wateringly expensive but if you're happy to pay it........ To be honest there is a stack of things I wish I'd got when they were available on Kickstarter so I'll almost certainly be ordering something (and making sure I don't do what I did last time - miss out on the Miss Ery model by $6.00). I want plastic Austringers so badly I'd probably pay the 20 quid postage just to get them!! It's like the most core Guild model and it's crazy that they're not out yet!

I do begrudge paying that much for any order, it's criminal really but at least it was £35 on of £175 rather than say £35 on £50 worth of stuff. When I look at it like that it hurts a lot less!

• Like 1

My Gencon order was $20 not £20 (so about £13-£14 postage) and I didn't get charged customs (don't use Fedex, they always charge to my knowledge).  I definitely think that the Limited Editions are becoming more widely available, especially if you get them soon after they're available or you're prepared to wait.  £30 for Dead Justice is damn good though (especially as I just coughed up £50 for a set!).

So, 9 days to the sle but hopefully sooner to find out what's on offer.....

Royal Mail is the way to go for not getting charged extra, also the timing for postage didn't seem that different with FedEx. If you chip in with your local gaming buddies and don't order heavy books, you not only split the shipping but also get chance at extra shinies for spending more beans.

Me and my local guys tend to split the ltd free stuff depending who collects what. I got Miss Ery with the Gencon order....last year my pal got the alt perdita and Santana models. Works well.

• Like 1

Well

The postage bugbear. So everyone knows, I've mentioned this before on other posts, I understand the pain, I really understand the pain.

I'm primarily a mature age student, I have not much money coming in, I live in Australia which if you look at postage prices seems to be located somewhere extra-orbital to the northen hemisphere because the only adequate explanation for prices would seem to be fuel costs for escaping a gravity well.

I have repeatedly been burned by postage cost in numerous ways:

1) Being forced to pay up to 25+% extra on orders (from many companies and locations) to post them

2) Not getting stuff I want because (1) simply priced it out of my range (real painful on limited addition items or funnily enough small items with insane postage, a memorable $1.50 purchase + $6.00 postage...)

3) Increasingly certain companies simply do not post to Australia at all and regardless of my resources or desire I can't get an order

So yep sucks. But fundamentally it is NOT Wyrd's fault, I do not blame them, not at all, not in any way.

They charge the postage that the dispatcher demands (I understand there may be some slippage) it is not a Wyrd bonus money move. From a business point of view it would likely be counter-productive to not charge postage on orders >$xxx value, these self same orders are likely to have proportionaly elevated postage in the end unless its no postage on orders <xx kgs and <xx m2 volume then it would probably eat the profit of the entire event.

Do certain companies and retailers offer free postage, yes, but they have very different budget demands and business models. I do not expect Wyrd to provide me an effective significant (20-25% or more) discount for online store ordered products in order that they shoulder the increasingly insane postage prices. I am not a Wyrd apologist here, I do wish and expect many things from them but on this aspect I cannot blame Wyrd for shipping price expenses they cannot control.

So in summary I reserve the right to complain on the forum about ridiculous postage costs, because they are and it infuriates me :angry::(:angry: but this is the complaining of someone that it sucks when something beyond all the parties directly involved can control causes problems.

But I will not blame Wyrd for these costs.

Addendum, I will blame Wyrd in this way... Move to Australia you bums, come on we have great weather, plenty of space, I'll work for the company. This would solve my problem, especially in you moved the entire operation factory and all, we'll train Koala's as cheap production line workers....

• Like 3

The problem with the postage costs may not be wyrd`s fault and it likely is not. I remember I ordered 7 cards way back and the postage cost was $10 but when they arrived actual postage cost was $1.78

That kind of thing bugs me.

Previous gen con orders I have never been done on tax but there is always a first time and knowing my luck it would be this time. Though to be fair no one knows whats coming out yet which doesn`t help but hopefully soon. My birthday drops Dec 1st but I will have cash before then so i`m hoping though hoffman`s box if available needs more than whats listed to make it worth any sort of money thats being charged