Lynch as TT

Noxus

Starting a jacob lynch crewand plan to run him as ten thunder, ive only seen him run as neverborn and want to be different.
Has anyone run him and what have you used with him.
I currently have

-his box set

-a depleted

-graves and tannen

-meifeng and rail crew

with these on the way

-oiran

-izamu

-dawn serpent

-ama no zako

-beckoners

I like the rules of tengu aswell and have considered getting a penangalin and maybe toshiro.

Any advice on other good supports and tricks to using him as a tt would be great.

A few decent model choices are available that benefit from Lynch in TT. I've played against him as TT once and it was just as brutal as when I play with him as NB.

Models which utilize Discard abilities (thus his recycling aces come in handy):

Ototo

Fuhatsu
Rail Worker

Thunder Archer

Tengu

Torakage

Ten Thunders Brothers (They need a TN 1+ and a suit for different triggers)

A few models I've read (never tried personally so defer to more experienced players for these) that compliment Lynch and Crew:

Kang - Rousing Speech  :aura 6  gives friendly living models immune to Horror Duels. Good in itself, but can be combined with Hungering Darkness' self heal so that your own Brilliant models won't have to take Terror tests when Huggy heals off of them.

Sensei Yu - Disciple (0) Action allows Sensei Yu to take Lynch's Mulligan ability and help cycle more cards from the deck to your hand.

Dawn Serpent - Very resilient and heals in relation to CA users nearby, which Lynch and most all of his thematic crew have CA abilities, which make it easier to keep the Serpent alive.

I'm sure there are more/better combos and choices out there, but this at least gives you a few to start thinking about. Best of luck to you. :D  

Edit - I neglected to mention any of Lynch's default theme models (Graves, Tannen, Depleted, and Beckoners) that come outside of his crew box, but I always take those for granted when talking about Lynch. All are very good, and I'd recommend any of them for any Lynch player.

• Like 3

Ten Thunderer Brothers become absolute beasts with Lynch. Hang onto an ace of rams and you can discard it to gain defensive, cheat it for dance of heavens to draw a card, then discard the ace and it comes back to your hand. Nothing like a bunch of SS 5 models rocking DF 7 and frontloading your hand, plus providing buffer activations, to annoy the hell out of your opponent.

• Like 3

Asrian and Admiral have pretty much covered everything. The only other things I can think of are the Wastrels who have a similar ability to the TT brothers in being able to use any suit for a number of different effects - handy for 4SS. Also useful is the Hard Worker upgrade for Foundry models (Kang, Rail Workers) which allows Foundry models to discard a card to ignore Armour and Hard to Wound.

I know that (Lynch) + Wings of Wind + Sensei Yu works with any master but if you are playing Lynch as the primary source of brilliance the ability to push him 4" at any time and then 3" at the end of the turn all for free is really, really handy. It also gives Yu 3 different (0) actions to choose from!

As a further addon, not that Lynch himself enhances them, but benefits from them just like any other TT master is Katanaka Sniper. It's just a brutally efficient model. Coming from a Neverborn Lynch perspective, the ability to take good ranged units (Snipers and Archers who ignore engagement randomizations) is a powerful combo with the hurt Lynch's crew can already bring with Huggy and Illuminated.

Sensei Yu is going to be part of Shen Long's box set when he's released. That crew is not out yet, however, and likely won't be anytime within the next six months at the least (speculating here, but it's a safe bet that you're looking at January at the earliest). So, I advise you to proxy Sensei Yu for now.

I have been playing Lynch as 10T for a while now, and I really love him. As Asrian said, his ability to have access to ranged models makes him beastly. Having 10T archers in his crew that can discard an ace for rapid fire, and ignore models (for LoS purposes) and randomization in combat is amazing. I have either taken two of those, or two Katanaka Snipers in my list.

But always bring The Illuminated. Cause...they are the MF'ing Illuminated. I usually bring 3.

Also not mentioned, Wastrels can use Jacob's ace ability well, as well. And Sidir's upgrade by your side can save Lynch from an attack (or even charge), and he comes with a big gun, as well as good Ml.

10T has so many good models for Jacob to access. I am still discovering them.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Lynch under 10T gets access to the Misdirection upgrade which I really love if you plan on getting him close to the action so he can Final Debt/Wanna See a Trick combo and nuke the table with a handful of aces.

Addict is also nice if you want your crew to do more heavy lifting. I'm always astounded by how potentially lethal this crew is and how subtle they can be when dealing huge amounts of damage.

• Like 1

Ten Thunderer Brothers become absolute beasts with Lynch. Hang onto an ace of rams and you can discard it to gain defensive, cheat it for dance of heavens to draw a card, then discard the ace and it comes back to your hand. Nothing like a bunch of SS 5 models rocking DF 7 and frontloading your hand, plus providing buffer activations, to annoy the hell out of your opponent.

Alright, I see a lot of people talking about how great having aces forever is, and I just want to make sure I understand Ace in the Hole right. The exact text is:

"When an Ace from this Crew's deck would be placed into the discard pile during another friendly model's activation, this model may place it in its hand instead after the action resolves."

-You only get to keep aces that come out of your deck, which means, if I understand this right, you can't re-cycle them if you discard it from your hand or cheat with it.

-Lynch doesn't get to keep aces during his activation.

-You don't get to keep aces that are flipped for Df and Wp when you are attacked on the opponent's turn.

Do I have that right?

All but the first point are correct.

The deck is any of the 54 cards used during the game. Lynch's crew, but not Lynch himself as he just facilitates the action not benefits from it, can recycle aces used during their activation that that are placed in the discard pile, that includes the deck from which you flip normally, and the player's hand when you cheat. If an ace is discarded during an action outside of a Lynch Crew activation (df, wp test, forced discard etc) then any aces are forfeit as normal.

• Like 1

Potentially it can be with Sensei Yu in a Lynch crew, but keep in mind that top of the turn you have to discard down if you're holding more than 6 cards, and if you're holding aces just for that, you won't always get something worthwhile in your 3 drawn cards, so might end up gimping yourself for a turn (other than the 3 aces you kept).

Another thing to remember about Lynch. If you use his Wanna See a Trick (damage from aces) they are not put into the discard pile, but are reshuffled back into the deck (not that he can recycle them anyway and will likely be going last in the turn if you're going for the Draw 2 cards for activating last).

• Like 1

So... Sensei Yu's Mulligan becomes straight up "draw three cards", and a single ace means that your entire crew gets to take defensive stance/focus actions and rapid fire/flurry for no cost. Gotcha.

That is really quite disgusting.

Wrong. Sensei Yu's discards are shuffled in the deck instead when he takes Master's (0) action. Presumably to prevent this exact interaction.
  • Like 1

Is a Lynch crew effective against a Pandora crew?

With the card cycling it would seem you could pass the WP duels easily enough.

Against Pandora it seems like you need to focus on her crew and your schemes.

With all of those WP duels and that control she has, not sure how to counter it best.

ty-

GB

• 2 weeks later...

Any 10t crew can be effective against pandora with the servant of the 5 dragons upgrade, Yin getting negative to WP duels on pandora. The plethora of ignoring WP duels during activations in 10t. You can build nasty anti WP lists with ease.

As a Pandora player, I concur with the above, but for Malifaux overall, I wouldn't suggest building an "anti" list for any specific master as you never know what your opponent might bring to the game. I ran Pandora for a few weeks straight against a local player, then decided I wanted to swap out one week and brought Lynch instead. Needless to say he had built around the idea of Pandora and got trashed in strat/schemes because of the sudden change.