15ss

Stany

Thinking of have some friends over and having a 15ss games day as quick and fun turn over I'm going to run Hungering Darkness any ideas on a 15ss crew to run? And reasons behind there ideas! People talk a lot on larger crews as I guess 50ss is probably what most people play thought this would be a little different thanks for any help

More than a little different. It will basically be a whole other game.

And completely unbalanced.

People talk about 50ss games a lot because that's what the game is balanced for....the further away you get from 50 (either up or down) the more skewed the game becomes and the more negative match-ups occur.

I'm taking Toshiro.....the only summoning Henchman every time to this.

Good luck with it.

The only summoning henchman, if you don't count every other resser henchman and Widow Weaver.

I wouldn't call widow weaver a summoner.  She needs a 2ss upgrade, 4 counters a high card and 2 AP.  I stopped taking the Handbag because I often found myself running crews that didn't drop any counters with her, so she only got to summon if 4 enemies who dropped counters were in the area.

Alyce with Ashes & Dust would be a pretty sickening 15ss crew, IMO.

Rather than playing 15ss without restrictions, perhaps you guys should check out the Hardcore format that's been played at various tournaments lately. The basics are:

- Henchman-led crews, 20ss

- Four models (no more, no less)

- Turf War is the Strategy, and the only scheme is Assassinate

- No summoning of any kind is allowed

- Unspent stones are discarded

(There are many variations on the above rules, but those are the ones I've played with and they're good fun.)

Note: "No summoning" doesn't mean you can't take models with summoning abilities, just that you cannot summon models into the game by any means.

I'd recommend that over 15ss games.

• Like 1

Alyce with Ashes & Dust would be a pretty sickening 15ss crew, IMO.

Rather than playing 15ss without restrictions, perhaps you guys should check out the Hardcore format that's been played at various tournaments lately. The basics are:

- Henchman-led crews, 20ss

- Four models (no more, no less)

- Turf War is the Strategy, and the only scheme is Assassinate

- No summoning of any kind is allowed

- Unspent stones are discarded

(There are many variations on the above rules, but those are the ones I've played with and they're good fun.)

Note: "No summoning" doesn't mean you can't take models with summoning abilities, just that you cannot summon models into the game by any means.

I'd recommend that over 15ss games.

Is it just cache? Or can unspent stones be added up to your pool of 7?

For some fun options, just adding Illuminated and Depleted makes a cheap, durable group of friends for Hungry. If looking to ruin people's day, Candy is pretty great in small battles, since once you get down to one or two enemy models, she can shut their force down pretty hard with her Auras.

• Like 1

For some fun options, just adding Illuminated and Depleted makes a cheap, durable group of friends for Hungry. If looking to ruin people's day, Candy is pretty great in small battles, since once you get down to one or two enemy models, she can shut their force down pretty hard with her Auras.

Candy is obscene in small games. If I wanted to lose friends all day then that's exactly what I'd take in a Henchman game. ;)

I wouldn't call widow weaver a summoner.  She needs a 2ss upgrade, 4 counters a high card and 2 AP.  I stopped taking the Handbag because I often found myself running crews that didn't drop any counters with her, so she only got to summon if 4 enemies who dropped counters were in the area.

That's if you want to summon Teddy, which is suitably resource hungry. She also has the option of summoning Wicked Dolls at full health for a medium-low card, 1AP and 1 scrap marker. It's probably worth taking a cheap construct specifically for this - at least in this format anyway - as you'll effectively gain an immortal Wicked Doll while she lives (which was usually the problem I had with her - durability). And Wicked Dolls are nasty little buggers.....;)