Blot out the sky

Bumpasses

I have it the new arsenal deck, its' very strong now.

EDIT derp, misread the card.

At the end of the turn, archers within 6 of the model can allow archers a free (2) attack action. So with 3 archers you can get 9+3=12 attacks total. It's pretty good.

Also, you can discard it to have archers move up and get defensive.

I tested this one a couple times in the beta and it really made the Archers worth taking.  They still ended up spending AP moving around to keep up with the person holding the upgrade, but the end of turn shot brought them back around to being worth their cost. 

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, all in all. 

I tested this one a couple times in the beta and it really made the Archers worth taking. They still ended up spending AP moving around to keep up with the person holding the upgrade, but the end of turn shot brought them back around to being worth their cost.

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, all in all.

Wings of Wind and Sensei Yu will help sort mobility out. In fact I'm hoping to soon try Mei Feng + Wings of Wind + Sensei Yu + Blot the Sky + Archers. Expensive, but effectively a tank. Depending on how many times you want to vent steam it can be pretty mobile and probably the only option to deal with it is to engage - which means taking on Mei and Yu!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been running archers with this upgrade since the beta first came out (about).  Definitely makes them better... though I've never been good with them (player not being good, nothing about the model, I just couldn't get the hang of them). This at lease made them a bigger threat (especially when I can spend their turn just focusing for the end of turn attack).

A bit of a necro-post, but I was mostly wondering how many archers people were running with the upgrade?

I just think that 21SS for 3 archers is a bit pricey. Would be hard pressed between them and samurai to be honest. But I love the models.

Have yet to try out the upgrade but wondering who you normally put it on? Fuhatsu I've heard is good with it, maybe Yamaziko with braced Yari?

D.

If you're playing Arcanist, Guild or especially Ressers stick it on Kang, If the Archers target undead or contrusts the auto [+] to hit and damage is really nasty.  Kang also discourages people trying to lock them in melee, plus if they do he has a push on his attach to free up the archer again.

It is 25 SS worth of crew for two archers, but 6 shots and 2 blast attacks per turn with a [+] to flip isn't something to sneeze at especially in Turf Wars or Squatters right when the enemy is likely to be grouping towards the centre of the board with a lot of the crew.

Managed to get a game with this upgrade at the weekend. Took it on Kang in close deployment turf war with 2 archers placed on a rooftop raining arrows down on Tina and co. My opponent was surprised how effective thy were and they became a target in turn 2 with Snow Storm, Ice Golem and Tina going for Kang and the archers.

Did enough to draw them in while Mei charged in and Vapormancy'd the Golem and Red Jokered to cause lots of blasts and the Golem exploded causing more damage to Snow Storm and some Gamin. All in all very good. Lucky but good.

D.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...