Advanced Deployment - Legit?

tmod

Does anyone have any experience with ordering from Advanced Deployment? I placed an order June 12th, and received a confirmation email immediately. Payment was withdrawn from my Paypal account at once. However no package materialized, and after about a month I logged in to check if I could track the shipment. I found that my order status was awaiting payment, even though payment had left my account a month in advance. I answered the confirmation email, requesting they looked into it, and also sent the same message though the contact us function on their website. At first I wasn't too worried about not getting an immediate answer, if they're a small operation they could be on summer vacation. But now another month has passed, and I'm getting worried I've been had.

Anyone now off them? Are they legit or a fraud?

They are legit but rather flakey.  But I don't know anyone who didn't eventually get there stuff

Friend of mine ordered stuff almost a year ago. His order was missing quite a lot, and they never anwered or addressed the issue. Based on his experience, and the complete lack of caring that the company seems to have for customer satisfaction, I try to steer everyone clear from AD. There are other companies out there who make product just as good that actually seem to care.

• Like 3

Friend of mine ordered stuff almost a year ago. His order was missing quite a lot, and they never anwered or addressed the issue. Based on his experience, and the complete lack of caring that the company seems to have for customer satisfaction, I try to steer everyone clear from AD. There are other companies out there who make product just as good that actually seem to care.

This

Ordered a few years back in the Black Friday sale, Order was sent 2+ months later, When it arrived not only was half the order missing but they put a completely incorrect cost on the customs declaration (a lot higher then what was paid) which ended up costing me extra money in fees.

Also add the fact they have never answered any emails i have sent

My advice? Avoid

• Like 1

Avoid them like the plague! I've ordered from them a few times in the past and never once was my order fully complete. They do not answer email. They used to respond on their Facebook page, but it looks like they have long abandoned that as well.

Do not waste your time or money on this company.

I had ta simliar terrible experience with them. My suggestion check out http://store.urbanlasercraft.com/ma20co.html

guy responds with one or two days to email and my order came in less than 2 weeks.

Also check out counterattackbases.co.uk

• Like 2

Ordered once and went through similar things. Took 3 months before I saw any kind of update on the status with no response to any emails I sent them prior to that time.

On top of that, they apparently sent my order to someone else (in ontario canada or something) which I only know about because the guy who received my order emailed me and someone higher up in that organization to tell us both.  He was kind enough to offer to ship them to me at his expense, but I flat out told him that I already accepted that AD had basically stolen my money and they should be the one to fix it, not him. (They've done nothing and I expect that to remain the case).

There is nothing good to say about them. AVOID!

• Like 1

Thank you guys, just wish I'd knew back in June... :'(

I'll file a fraud claim in PayPal, and we'll see how it goes...

I'll order my markers from counterattackbases, makes sense as they're i Europe, but I also ordered some patterned tile base insert for my Lynch crew. Anyone know an alternative source for either fancy hardwood floor (parquet) bases, or patterned tiles? I'm looking for something a bit fancy, and I'd hope to avoid having to do all the hard sculpting work myself... :-p

For bases check out

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/

http://www.dragonforge.com/ (Be advised that he is a one man operation but he we'll keep you in the loop about your order)

I'd lost and forgotten the link to dragonforge, so that was golden, thanns a bunch! :-)

Unfortunately, neither these nor any other producer of resin bases that I'm aware makes either patterned parquet or patterned tiles... :-(

• 4 weeks later...

Two other companies that I often order bases from:

http://fenrisgames.com/shop

http://www.tabletop-art.de/

(Despite being in Europe and myself in the US, I still get my orders from these guys rather quickly. Don't think I've ever had to wait more than 2 weeks for one, tops.)

As far as tokens and such goes, http://store.urbanlasercraft.com/ looks like they have some nice stuff.

• Like 1

I actually received my order today! :-)

The stuff is great quality as mentioned by others, but I still won't use them again unless I have an ocean of time...

In all fairness, they are not frauds, just have a long turn-around time and very little communication...

T.

• 3 weeks later...

I had similar problems with them. I was only missing one token at the end of the day when I finally got my stuff and I tried to get in touch with them to either replace it or just add it to my next order I was intending on doing at the time. Never got a response to multiple emails. That was about a year ago so I've given up on it. At least it was only a couple of bucks, if that. The tokens I did get were of very good quality, though.

• 2 months later...

Ordered once and went through similar things. Took 3 months before I saw any kind of update on the status with no response to any emails I sent them prior to that time.

On top of that, they apparently sent my order to someone else (in ontario canada or something) which I only know about because the guy who received my order emailed me and someone higher up in that organization to tell us both.  He was kind enough to offer to ship them to me at his expense, but I flat out told him that I already accepted that AD had basically stolen my money and they should be the one to fix it, not him. (They've done nothing and I expect that to remain the case).

There is nothing good to say about them. AVOID!

Apologies for the thread necro, but I feel in the interest of full disclosure I should update.  I did finally receive my order a couple weeks ago (7 months late).

With the custom Squat markers I ordered, and instead of the grab bag stuff I just plopped in there, they sent me what seems to be 2 relatively complete sets of Malifaux Tokens including a measuring tool with each. One set in acrylic yellow and the other in wood (makes me wonder if they saw the forum post with my avatar actually).

While my experience was still bad enough I wouldn't order from them again, I should say that the tokens I received are the nicest quality laser cut tokens I've ever purchased. So if you're willing to put up with some crap, the end result does seem to be some very high quality tokens.

Maybe they're starting to get their $@&! together.

• Like 1