Webstore is open for Gencon

Regarding US Shipping

The 2-day FedEx option is not a glitch. Wyrd's rate with FedEx ensures that 2-day shipping is the best option for price and delivery - slower options wouldn't save money. Wyrd does not ship through USPS.

No worries. I wasn't complaining, just listing the info that other posters had stated.  Postage/Shipping rates are what they are.  Nothing to be done about.

Regarding US Shipping

The 2-day FedEx option is not a glitch. Wyrd's rate with FedEx ensures that 2-day shipping is the best option for price and delivery - slower options wouldn't save money. Wyrd does not ship through USPS.

Okay then. It just struck me as strange that some were reporting overseas shipping costs of $10ish for similar purchases that are $20osh shipping for Florida.

It scales up: when i had Hannah and Sylurids in with my order shipping was up to $20. I mean, these are very generous shipping costs as international costs go, but then the figures don't weigh much. It's why I didn't order the new book, as it immediately raises the shipping cost because of the weight.

I'm gambling on Crossroad being released in Sept/October anyway, so hopefully it won't be that bad.

No worries. I wasn't complaining, just listing the info that other posters had stated.  Postage/Shipping rates are what they are.  Nothing to be done about.

But I got all offended and found my fighting gloves, er, head-choppin' off tools so I could do this ..

post-14073-0-53154000-1408046140_thumb.p

yay! cosplay!

(excuse my lameness for still not being able to figure out how to upload images better on the new software)

• Like 2

Only way that could be a better costume is if you had a short person in it with a "live" Phillip head and Molly's head be the fake one. ;)

Like I said, shipping wasn't an issue (with me at least), I was just listing information that others had posted.  I had a book, a box and a deck.  The book is heavy, and if I were to order from a NY retail store, I would be paying tax and shipping, so in my eyes it is six of one, half dozen of the other.  I've done trades and sold on ebay, shipping is expensive nowadays.

But to show no hard feelings, please feel free to throw some extra models in my order and we can call it square.  I'm not picky, something that can be used with either the Dreamer or Rasputina's crews.  Dealer's choice. :D  ;)

Any one know why the warpig and Hannah are under the shinies section?  Are they Gencon exclusives or something?

No, just unannounced. Unpackaged even. They probably come in a plastic bag (together with crumbs of the Wyrd staffs' last meals).

• Like 1

Regarding US Shipping

But I clearly was/am complaining.  

I buy a lot of Malifuax stuff  online and rarely pay more than $5 - $8 for shipping even with an order of multiple figures.  Most orders are delivered in 2-3 days using USPS First Class Mail.  

Wyrd may be providing the best FedEx rate for shipping, but not the best rate for shipping.  

Even a USPS medium flat rate box (way big for my order)  to anywhere in the U.S. would be $12.35 saving me  ~$7 compared to FedEx.  

Why be exclusive with FedEx?  Why not use USPS?

My complaint does assume that Wyrd is based in/shipping from the U.S.  If Wyrd is shipping from outside the U.S. I withdraw the complaint.

<A bit calmer>  Clearly Wyrd's online store is not designed to be a primary sales point for their products.  If it were not for the GenCon exclusives, and possibly new releases, there would be no reason at all for ordering directly from Wyrd.  I want Miss Ery and so I will probably suck it up and pay the price, complaining the entire time.    

I work in the gaming industry, and I know shipping can be expensive. I also know there are a lot of factors in the calculation of shipping costs, other than weight, distance, and monetary size of the order. I would be the first to say, "I don't know all the facts". But I can almost guarantee that Wyrd doesn't gain anything from the shipping charges (and I don't mean to say that anyone thinks that). I am sure it is just what FedEx charges them, so they charge us. And I am fine with that. As bstorz says, it is what it is. Sure, there are cheaper ways. But maybe volume of shipping, meaning Wyrd is sending out MANY orders, is a factor, too. We just don't know, that's all.

Also like you said, Paradox, I want Miss Ery, and I am gonna suck it up and pay the shipping in order to get her. Two of her, in fact, because I made another order for a friend last night. Heehee! RESULT! :D

I look at is this way... the $100+ I spent on each order was money I (and my friend) was going to spend, anyway. That ship sailed as soon as the "GenCon Orders" newsflash went out. I see it that I am paying close to $20 for each Miss Ery model (comes free with the order, ~$20 for shipping), and I would TOTALLY pay that much for her in a normal situation. More, in fact. She's just THAT damn good of a model, in my opinion. :)

I rarely EVER buy games or hobby supplies through the internet. Because I work in the industry, I can usually get things very, very cheaply. Though, if I can't get it through industry channels, I always go to my FLGS first. In this case, Miss Ery is not available any other way. I had to have her.

Well-played, Wyrd... Well-played... ;)

I figured it out.  If I bought my order retail in NYS, I would pay about $9 in tax.  This would leave $8 for shipping. An amount that is totally acceptable to me.  I bought what I wanted to be in my grubby mitts as soon as possible and enough to get Miss Ery.  :lol:

I can wait for the other stuff to buy to support my local store.   I understand it may be frustrating for other people whose situations are different though.

Monkeyboy brought up a good point that Miss Ery is a free mini, so it is almost a wash with shipping.  For the majority of those buying multiple orders to maximize their Miss Ery count, you'll make up the shipping when you put the extra models on ebay. :rolleyes:

I figured it out.  If I bought my order retail in NYS, I would pay about $9 in tax.  This would leave $8 for shipping. An amount that is totally acceptable to me.  I bought what I wanted to be in my grubby mitts as soon as possible and enough to get Miss Ery.  :lol:

I can wait for the other stuff to buy to support my local store.   I understand it may be frustrating for other people whose situations are different though.

Monkeyboy brought up a good point that Miss Ery is a free mini, so it is almost a wash with shipping.  For the majority of those buying multiple orders to maximize their Miss Ery count, you'll make up the shipping when you put the extra models on ebay. :rolleyes:

But I plan on donating my extras to my LGS to give out as prizes :) .

• Like 2

I live in the middle of nowhere and I get virtually all of my gaming supplies from online sellers as the "local" game store is a 70 mile drive one way.  I am soooo used to paying shipping that I just include it in my order planning.  No biggie.  But when the shipping rate is more than 2x the normal high end of shipping costs something isn't right.

As I mentioned I think part of the problem is that online consumer sales is a sideline for Wyrd, not a primary focus (this is as it should be IMO--Wyrd should not be competing for sales with their retail vendors).  Someone who counts on their retail sales would have a better handle on the shipping costs they pass on to their customers.  

The other issue is that folks on the boards are indicating that they are expecting their order to take up to three weeks before they ship.  Again, if retail were a primary activity for Wyrd this wouldn't be the case.  I do, however, have an issue with some taking 2-3 weeks to pack an order and then using 2-day (premium) shipping.  How does that make sense?  If it is already taking 2 weeks to pack the product what is the point of 2-day shipping?????    Why not regular priority mail (3-day delivery to me) at a USPS cost of around $6.  Add in $1 or $2 for the cost of the box and total direct shipping cost comes out at less than $8---which is the only cost Wyrd passes on to the consumer.

The "Wyrd at Gencon" thread shows that I am not the only one who has issues with this.  

As for shipping paying for the Miss---if that works for you I won't try to tell you different.   I would just point out that that for me, someone with no connections who has to purchase from retailers, the regular edition models are all available at a discount.  I think my FLGS even discounts my purchases a bit.   Paying full retail to the wholesaler of the product pays for the "free" mini.   

As stated in a prior post, other people's situations are different than mine.  I was giving my point of view, not to defend Wyrd's shipping practices.  Honestly, I agree with you that a flat rate USPS solution would have been nice to have considering the inherent delay in shipping due to GenCon.

However, as has been stated multiple times on multiple threads by the staff rep of Wyrd:  They have no intention to change their shipping policies.

I usually buy local or through another online retailer, only buying direct for GenCon or other sales.  The one or two times a year I purchase direct I am willing to pay the premium shipping.

Again, this is only my opinion on how I rationalize my situation.  My wife is recovering from surgery and I had two coworkers have deaths in the family that I attended services for in the last week.  I have too much stuff going on in my life that for me, shipping charges for an order for toys falls pretty low on the scale of things to get upset about.

I would have preferred a cheaper option and I actually paused in placing my order when I saw the cost for shipping.  But I knew I wanted the items as soon as possible, knew it was the only way to get Miss Ery without paying an arm and a leg, and I bit the bullet.

I could have waited to get the other items at a later date (discounted) and bought Miss Ery on a third party site, but I probably would have ended up paying around the same as I did by getting everything direct from Wyrd when all was said and done.

Averageboss, that is awesome!!  People like you are what grows the local gaming community! :D

As stated in a prior post, other people's situations are different than mine.  I was giving my point of view, not to defend Wyrd's shipping practices.  Honestly, I agree with you that a flat rate USPS solution would have been nice to have considering the inherent delay in shipping due to GenCon.

However, as has been stated multiple times on multiple threads by the staff rep of Wyrd:  They have no intention to change their shipping policies.

I usually buy local or through another online retailer, only buying direct for GenCon or other sales.  The one or two times a year I purchase direct I am willing to pay the premium shipping.

<snip>

I appreciate that you were just sharing your point of view and I was overly heated in addressing the rationalization point.  I have certainly used rationalizations to justify such things.  

That Wyrd is not interested in changing their shipping practices reinforces for me that the retail portion of their website is not a priority for them.  I fully expect they want us to make most of our purchases through normal retail channels, so like you I will continue to purchase through normal retail channels.  The ability to access exclusive models rather than waiting to pick them up on the secondary marked is a rationalization I can work with.  (Whiskey Golem is already showing up on ebay at a substantial premium to its cost.)

I don't suppose I actually expect them to change, but sometimes complaining does lead to change and we have to try.  If I were Wyrd I would be completely embarrased by information in the other thread showing that shipping in the US is $20 - $30 while shipping to Koyto Japan is ~$10.  

My condolences on your losses and I wish your wife a complete and speedy recovery.

I for one am absolutely appauled at the shipping prices, last year me and some friends pooled our order and got our stuff for about $15-20. This year our shipping order would cost us $77 and that is just unacceptable it is nearly doubling the cost of our order. I would be better suited ebaying this off someone else and give them my money instead.

Trying to place an order, but get the following error. Anyone got tips/knows what it means? I dont have any weird characters in my name or adress or anything.

Order declined.

Review your data or contact the store administrator. 

Reason: Declined Error: This transaction cannot be processed. (Code: 15005, Severity: )

In respons to Ben th3 Bear: shipping this year is exactly as last year. Each item has a fixed shipping cost (around $3,50 for most things, with the books having $22 or so). Everything you order will add to the shipping, with a minimum shipping of $10.

Yes its relative expensive shipping, but they are dollars, so its less in Euro's. You get about the same price as buying them here, but you get them early and with free goodies!