Ignores all conditions

BurkerKiing

Question

Hi there. 

Played a game last night vs Gremlins, and there is a character that has 'ignores all conditions'. Pretty straight forward with regards to poison, etc (I was playing McMourning); but a point came up about Horror duels (he wanted to charge my Rogue Necromancy). So, is the Horror duel still required?

We played it that the player did need to take the Horror duel. If he passed fine; if he failed he wouldn't be Paralyzed (as he is immune to all conditions), but he wouldn't be able to charge the Rogue Necromancy, and had used 2AP.

Were we correct?

Thanks.

You might want to take a look at the FAQ entry for the Brewmaster's Drinking Contest.

Not sure how that is relevant. Drinking Contest forces you to do something instead of the declared action, paralyse immunity + smell fear works quite differently. I.e. if you are 2-3" away from Brewmaster and fail your drinking contest duel you wont charge at all, if you pass (or were more than 3" away) you move and test for each attack and so on.

There is one amendment to the suggested smell fear sequence though, you have to continue to take horror duels until you pass one.

You might want to take a look at the FAQ entry for the Brewmaster's Drinking Contest.

As Bengt said above, you would have to test 3 times for the Horror Duel since you didn't pass it in the first place. I did completely miss that part. The RN swing is Once Per Turn though, correct?

Drinking Contest doesn't care whether you passed it once already or not, so doesn't really apply here.

The same argument

Charge Action Attacks are explicitly not separate from the Charge Action. The Charge Action doesn't resolve until both attacks and all triggers they declare are resolved.

was used during the Drinking Contest debate.

Though it is slightly different it does show that the Attack Actions resulting from a Charge are separate and distinct from the Charge Action (otherwise you would only need to test for Drinking Contest once). Though I still disagree with it, I dont see this one being ruled differently.

The drinking contest debate was over the attack actions in the charge being declared as seperate actions, and hence triggering drinking contest.

The charge action doesn't end until both the attack actions it generates are over, its not related at all to the Drinking contest FAQ.

Don't worry I rememeber the discussion well, can't believe how long ago it was (just looked back at it to check what we both said). And I still say the FAQ completly agrees with the rules as written in the book.

From my reading the rules are unrelated here. This maybe due to the fact I have a different understanding of the rules to you, so to my mind this debate is completly unrelated. Obviously, your reading is different (since we have very different views on them both).

This question is about when the Charge action ends. The box does say that actions genereated within actions don't cause the first action to end, so the charge action hasn't finished until all attacks from it are complete.

That doesn't stop each attack that the charge action created happen. They are genereated as part of the Charge action, after the model has moved its Cg. So they happen before the Cg action ends. And they are new actions, but within the charge action, so they have to go through all the normal steps for actions, included declaring, and any tests that the action calls for.

So, just to be clear...

If a model with Nihilism (may choose not to gain a condition) were to fail a Horror Duel and chose not to gain Paralyzed the action would continue normally, and would trigger anything that triggers on a failed duel. Correct?

Correct.

Not sure on the rules for drinking contest but Manipulate treats the charge and each attack as separate doesn't it?  So if you wanted to charge something with Manipulative you would take one test to declare the charge (wasting the (2) AP it costs to charge if you fail) then you would need to declare once for each attack as they are treated as separate because passing a Manipulative duel doesn't make you immune to the ability.

Not sure on the rules for drinking contest but Manipulate treats the charge and each attack as separate doesn't it? So if you wanted to charge something with Manipulative you would take one test to declare the charge (wasting the (2) AP it costs to charge if you fail) then you would need to declare once for each attack as they are treated as separate because passing a Manipulative duel doesn't make you immune to the ability.

Incorrect.

Manipulative only forces a test when targeted by an attack action.

The (2) Charge action is a tactical action.

You do however need to test for the following two strikes.

• Like 1

Yeah, but you would have to check Horror for the Charge Action, and for both Attacks as well, if you charged a Hanged, as Terrifying works against any kind of Action and The Hanged removes any inmunity to Horror Duels (although not inmunity to Paralyzed, btw)

Yeah, but you would have to check Horror for the Charge Action, and for both Attacks as well, if you charged a Hanged, as Terrifying works against any kind of Action and The Hanged removes any inmunity to Horror Duels (although not inmunity to Paralyzed, btw)

And this is the exact reason hanged don't remove immunity from a model that declared a charge against them.

(but if you have a second hanged it still works)

• Like 1