Tara as a Resurrectionist, round 2

Can't wait for Hannah to come out now. :P

I wanted to make a good Tara Ressur Crew. Sounds like she's got some solid options which is awesome. I love her aesthetic, and she has some just plain dirty tricks.

(My favorite being stealing Killjoy's cleaver) But it's nice to be able to have the option of a non-merc option that is still that hurtful. And if you find an opportune moment, you can drop the Hanged into a fray and strip them all of their horror immunity. :D

• 1 month later...

I have just made a commitment to play Ressur Tara for 10 games in a row in an effort to learn her better and after the first two games I played I am sort of struggling with what to try next. I have never really been that into the delivery through bury strategy so I still haven't even tried using obliteration symbiote. I also still haven't tried Karina or void wretches as I am not convinced they are more valuable than some other ressur minions. I enjoyed playing Tara with Spare parts but that was the game I lost. I have a 1-1 record so far and could use a little help! I will be playing quite a few games against the Viks too if that helps with any advice.

Fair warning. Viks is a pretty bad matchup against Tara. You'll want to keep her far away from them especially when they can do 5min dmg.

On the other hand, you can easily drop Fast Killjoy with Decaying Aura on either Vik at the end of turn 1, and there's literally nothing they can do to survive his attacks except to have phenomenal luck. When you drop Ashes, Blood loses Melee Expert and Sisters in Fury for the rest of the game, basically neutering her (plus Killjoy can kill her next if you want, she's probably right there). The easiest way to avoid Viktoria's sucker-punch is to sucker-punch her first, if you can - and Tara absolutely can.

• Like 1

On the other hand, you can easily drop Fast Killjoy with Decaying Aura on either Vik at the end of turn 1, and there's literally nothing they can do to survive his attacks except to have phenomenal luck. When you drop Ashes, Blood loses Melee Expert and Sisters in Fury for the rest of the game, basically neutering her (plus Killjoy can kill her next if you want, she's probably right there). The easiest way to avoid Viktoria's sucker-punch is to sucker-punch her first, if you can - and Tara absolutely can.

Yeah this is no doubt her best way to handle them...but a good Viks player will see this coming.

I've been seriously considering using Tara as a resser recently, especially with the new upgrade for Karina. My initial thoughts is to take Tara with the Valedictorian who will be my primary bury/unbury beat stick with various upgrades (Perhaps Necrotic Preperation and Decaying Aura) and have Karina with her new summoning upgrade so I can summon in the other Iron Zombies to suit my specific needs. The Valedictorian is pretty badass to begin with but with some tasty support from Tara she could be a real monster to deal with. I typically don't take Henchmen with Tara as an Outcast so having so many spare stones often get wasted but the Valedictorian can make good use of them when Tara doesn't need them. 

I've also been toying with the idea of using Izamu instead of Killjoy or Bishop who are my usual go-to beat sticks when I play Outcasts. Izamu is just crazy anyway but with some tasty upgrades and the usual Tara style of support he is going to tie up anything he gets his hands on and keep them tied up due to his toughness, he will control a massive area of the board and he is strong enough to pose a serious threat to pretty much anything. 

What other sorts of models are people using with Resser Tara?

I've been seriously considering using Tara as a resser recently, especially with the new upgrade for Karina. My initial thoughts is to take Tara with the Valedictorian who will be my primary bury/unbury beat stick with various upgrades (Perhaps Necrotic Preperation and Decaying Aura) and have Karina with her new summoning upgrade so I can summon in the other Iron Zombies to suit my specific needs. The Valedictorian is pretty badass to begin with but with some tasty support from Tara she could be a real monster to deal with. I typically don't take Henchmen with Tara as an Outcast so having so many spare stones often get wasted but the Valedictorian can make good use of them when Tara doesn't need them. 

I've also been toying with the idea of using Izamu instead of Killjoy or Bishop who are my usual go-to beat sticks when I play Outcasts. Izamu is just crazy anyway but with some tasty upgrades and the usual Tara style of support he is going to tie up anything he gets his hands on and keep them tied up due to his toughness, he will control a massive area of the board and he is strong enough to pose a serious threat to pretty much anything. 

What other sorts of models are people using with Resser Tara?

All good choices for different purposes. I'm a fan of (in no particular order) Hannah, Nothing Beast, Bete Noire, Hanged, Kill-joy (but he's expensive in Tara Rezzer crew), Valedictorian, and a Rogue Necro is amazing once in close combat.

I will also give props to cadaver's article, that was a great read. I do think Viks are a pretty tough matchup for Tara but in game one (and I assume many games in the future) I out activated and out schemed my way to victory. How do people feel about Laz? I feel like he could really come in handy being so durable and ranged oriented. 

• Like 1

I will also give props to cadaver's article, that was a great read. I do think Viks are a pretty tough matchup for Tara but in game one (and I assume many games in the future) I out activated and out schemed my way to victory. How do people feel about Laz? I feel like he could really come in handy being so durable and ranged oriented. 

In general I think Lazarus is an awesome all round model. As for Tara's purposes? Well as an Outcast he can be quite useful although there's not really much need to bury him so the only real benefit is to give him Fast which he can mitigate with his Heal. As a Resser he offers the crew some decent ranged firepower but is it really needed? With access to Rotten Belles Tara can just have the enemy lured in then send he beat sticks in to kill stuff, Laz also comes in at a fairly hefty 11ss with Ressers and there are some arguably cheaper and better options within the faction. Overall I don't think his presence is really needed in a Tara crew although he is a really good model. 

Rogue Necromancy is super good with Tara. You can taxi it (it's sorta slow normally apart from Stalk) and give it Fast. It has Ml7 with :+fate to attack and damage with an auto trigger to give Poison to get around that pesky Hard to Kill and another trigger to get an extra :+fate to damage (against Hard to Wound stuff). Oh, and a damage track of 3/5/6. Three attacks from it kills almost anything.

• Like 2

Rogue Necromancy is super good with Tara. You can taxi it (it's sorta slow normally apart from Stalk) and give it Fast. It has Ml7 with :+fate to attack and damage with an auto trigger to give Poison to get around that pesky Hard to Kill and another trigger to get an extra :+fate to damage (against Hard to Wound stuff). Oh, and a damage track of 3/5/6. Three attacks from it kills almost anything.

Have to really echo this, did a tag team of the Nothing Beast and the rogue necromancy (With decaying aura) and it was pure pain in distilled form, it being so frail stops being a problem when it can be delivered without much risk and it's damage potential is just so HUGE!

• Like 3