Disengaging strike

Flying skunk

Question

19 answers to this question

This caused some confusion in Beta as a large walk model can effectively walk straight past and enemy model which I didn't think was right as it negates blocking up lanes. However, as per the rules. Disengaging strikes only occur when a model that is engaged in melee attempts to walk away. If the disengaging strike succeeds the model does not perform the walk action.

D.

Going from the last thread ( I don't have books to hand), page 48 of the little book will explain disengaging strikes. It will include the phrase something about it the attacker succeeds in hittting the model attempting to walk then no walk action will take place.

I can't seem to find the relevant section on pg. 44 in regards to disengaging strikes. It just says, that whenever a model leaves an enemy's engagement range, then a disengaging strike is allowed. Walking past an enemy, into their engagement range, and then out again as a walk action (the only movement that prompts disengaging strikes), should allow the enemy model a disengaging strike. The models don't just phase out of existence and then reappears at their goal.

Disengaging Strikes happen when a model DECLARES a Wk Action that will leave the enemy's engagement range. If you aren't engaged when you declare the Walk and pass an engagement range, you don't have to declare it again. That's why passing an engagement range doesn't provoke disengaging strikes.

• Like 1

Don't think like in Warmachine where the measuring starts if a model arrives at the edge of an engagement range. It's quite easy to remember if you do it like us:

Two models are engaged. One player says: "My model will do a Walk." - "Will you leave engagement?" - "Hm. Yes, I will." - "Okay, my model will do a Disengaging Strike."

I can't seem to find the relevant section on pg. 44 in regards to disengaging strikes. It just says, that whenever a model leaves an enemy's engagement range, then a disengaging strike is allowed. Walking past an enemy, into their engagement range, and then out again as a walk action (the only movement that prompts disengaging strikes), should allow the enemy model a disengaging strike. The models don't just phase out of existence and then reappears at their goal.

The rules have the disengaging strike occur when you declare the action, and the :claw strike has to be in range at that time.

So once you start moving, nothing can stop you