attacks that ignore armour and blasts

bertmac

Question

19 answers to this question

Id agree with "soundwave", it would depend on the wording IMO

If it was "this models attack actions Ignore armour" or "damage caused by this attack Ignores armour" then i would say yes the blasts ignore armour.

But if it read " this models attack actions Ignore the targets armour" then I would say no as blasts do not target. only the initial target would have its armour ignored.

Magical Burt. Shooting his pepper box. But I would say yes also to ignoring things.

The Godlyness provided one earlier in the thread.

Wong's Glowy does this 

Glowy: When this model is deployed,
choose another non-Peon model. The
chosen model gains the following Condition
for the rest of the game: "Magical: Damage
dealt by this model ignores Armor, Hard to
Kill, and Incorporeal."

Here's Burt's PepperBox 

(1) Backwater Pepperbox (Sh 5 :ram  / Rst: Df / Rg: :ranged 8): Target suffers 2/3 :blast /5 :blast
damage.

It just sates any damage dealt by the chosen model ignores armour. As Blasts originate from Burt's attacks I would assume they also ignore armour. 

The Godlyness provided one earlier in the thread.

Wong's Glowy does this 

Glowy: When this model is deployed,

choose another non-Peon model. The

chosen model gains the following Condition

for the rest of the game: "Magical: Damage

dealt by this model ignores Armor, Hard to

Kill, and Incorporeal."

Here's Burt's PepperBox 

(1) Backwater Pepperbox (Sh 5 :ram  / Rst: Df / Rg: :ranged 8): Target suffers 2/3 :blast /5 :blast

damage.

It just sates any damage dealt by the chosen model ignores armour. As Blasts originate from Burt's attacks I would assume they also ignore armour.

...I am the one who said magical Burt.... so confused. I was referring to the post that said this Attack ignores the TArGETs armor. Not this Attack ignores armor. Which you both so diligently pointed out to me.

I can't find any attack the only specifies ignoring the targets armor just that they ignore armor in general.

So I say again I am in the firm camp that blasts from an attack that ignore armor also ignore armor.

...I am the one who said magical Burt.... so confused. I was referring to the post that said this Attack ignores the TArGETs armor. Not this Attack ignores armor. Which you both so diligently pointed out to me.

I can't find any attack the only specifies ignoring the targets armor just that they ignore armor in general.

So I say again I am in the firm camp that blasts from an attack that ignore armor also ignore armor.

I agree with you. I replied to Stitched Madness' request for an example of a "regular" armour ignoring blast.

I agree that a if the wording is said as  "this attack ignores armour" then as the blast is apart of that attack action it would also benefit from the ignores armour. Even if there is no precedent of an attack saying " this attack ignores the targets armour" or "  damage dealt to target ignores armour" there should not be a close all that all blasts confer ignore armour just because its mentioned in the attack. Simply that the wording would define which models being damaged are under the effect of the "ignore armour"