Uk gt 2013

Clousseau

Yes, the GT is happening again in 2013. New organisers (myself and Mythic Fox) and new venue, but same great event.

Date: Sat 31st August/Sun 1st September

Venue: Tabletop Nation, Hockley, Essex

Cost: £37.50

Format: 5 rounds at 35SS & 45SS to M1.5E, plus optional Hardcore tournament and evening quiz, plus other shenanigans (see below). Tournament is ranked.

Aim is to appeal to all Malifaux players regardless of ability and experience.

Tickets & rulespack here http://tabletopnation.simpletix.com/Event/51/Malifaux-GT-2013-Sat-31st-Aug-/

To pre-empt a few questions, we've moved the date forward in response to requests after the last one, and also to bring it closer to GenCon.

Tabletop Nation is a large modern venue and seemed to us to offer the best option this year. It also means that we don't have to limit the number of entries. We are considering rotating around different venues each year, but that's for the future. The venue offers a bar offering drinks and snacks, and the ticket price includes lunch both days (sandwich, crisps, choccy & a drink) and a hot meal in the evening (which will be provided by an external caterer).

Accomodation is available within a reasonable distance.

Confirmed entries

1 Swiftreaver/Andy W

2 Cathy W

3 James W

4 Joel

5 OTP/Pete

6 Furious T/Toby

7 Furious T +1/Darren

8 andrewoutcast/Andrew

9 Oshova/Tim

10 theJudge/Mark

11 daemonkin/Bob

12 Oathius/Austin

13 Arcanum/Ade

14 Adran/Philip

15 jondoe297/Ben

16 Soul Puppet/Martin

17 Kingledge/Matt

18 MythicFox/James

19 Ant

20 Tarantio/Joe

21 bacms/Bruno

22 rocknutter/Garry

23 McDoogle/Mark

24 shakes1066/Luke

25 Pox/Phil

26 ukrocky/Craig

Added by mythicFOX 16/8:

Shenanigans!

Time to get the details out for our UKGT side events. It’s a more streamlined list this year.

GT-eve Painting Contest

As someone, *cough* ukrocky *cough* is always painting models for the event the night before it starts we thought we’d have some fun with it. Paint a Wyrd model from scratch any time between Friday afternoon to Sunday lunchtime and prove you can't pain under pressure. There’s an award for the best one.

Models may be assembled and primed with a single colour in advance. Show your model to a TO before you start. You'll also need to supply your own models, brushes, paint, and tools etc.

Wyrd Quiz

A GT favourite returns. Split into teams by faction and answer questions in rounds such as; fluff, rules, trivia and the ever popular Malifaux maths!

Hardcore Malifaux

A quick and dirty format for a bit of extra fun Malifaux Gaming. You could win the Malifaux Hardcore Crown!

• Rounds last 20mins
  • 15ss fixed list,
  • 4ss maximum cache,
  • Maximum four models each in play,
  • Crews Deploy 12” apart,
  • All rounds will be Shared Master of the Hill (50mm Marker Version) with one scheme; Assassinate.

In other words; gather round and fight!

There will be a small additional charge for the Hardcore.

Edited by Clousseau
Updated entries

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30/8/13 is a friday

fortunatly for me - as that's my wedding anniversary!! Looks like I might just be able to make it. One day out and I'd have been scuppered.

venue sounds good - as for rotating it, I guess that depends on numbers and how it goes this time around.

thanks to the three of you for stepping up to organise it :)

Nice to see this is going ahead. Unfortunately I wont be able to take part due to childs bday on the Sunday. Will probably pop in on the Saturday to say hi - can always be the ringer player if necessary

aren't you famous for not playing all your games at a GT anyway? :) play saturday and get a ringer in for sunday - job done!

What will the kickoff time be on the Saturday? I am trying to figure out if I can fly in on the Saturday morning or would I need to travel in on the Friday instead.

Probably looking at a 10:00 or 10:30 start, could even be a little later, as there are quite a lot of people travelling. Personally I'll be down on the Friday to set up.