Alp Bomb, Mark 2

Dolomyte

Amazing. Wyrd actually reacted to the feedback and issued some errata! There's hope yet.

Maybe this will start a chain reaction of them errata'ing all of the other things that they need to errata too.

Wyrd does listen and we do always constantly think about things like this.

Some take a bit of discussion as well as other tasks that need performing.

Thanks for all of your patience. ;)

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wyrd does listen and we do always constantly think about things like this.

Some take a bit of discussion as well as other tasks that need performing.

Thanks for all of your patience. ;)

We weren't the most patient lot, but thanks for pretending =p.

and thank you, all of wyrd, for looking at the stuff and working it out.

For those that haven't read the rules page, the changes are as follows

1 Alps are Insignifigant.

2 Exhuaustion Enemy non nightmare models suffer 1 Wb when performing a walk or strike action within 1" of 1 or more alps

3 Feed on Dreams Enemy models rrecieveing slow whilst withi "of 1 or more alps suffer 1 wound even if they are already slow.

4 Never wake up If a model is killed by Feed on Dreams within 3" of 1 or more alps, thew Alp closest to the killed model summons 1 alp

5 Smother Enemy non nightmare models activating within 3" of one or more alps must perform a WP->12 duel that recieve - for each Alp after the first within 3". if the model loses the Duel it recieves slow.

How this changes them.

Smother has lost 1" of range. Both Feed on Dreams and Exhaustion now limit you to 1 wound regardless of the number of Alps present.

Now being bombed by a group of Alps will cause you to take the WP test, but you will only take 1 wd for recieving that slow. And when you attack an alp, you will only take 1 wd for the strike action.

Gut reaction.

They may still show up in Dreamer crews, but the reduction in the number of wounds you'll be taking when you face lots of them means that they will have to be used to support other models who can do the damage.

2 of them used to make a large number of the enemies crew slow is still worth while, and opponents will need to decide if its worth spending early activations on trying to remove them, or on killing the other threats.

For those that haven't read the rules page, the changes are as follows

1 Alps are Insignifigant.

2 Exhuaustion Enemy non nightmare models suffer 1 Wb when performing a walk or strike action within 1" of 1 or more alps

3 Feed on Dreams Enemy models rrecieveing slow whilst withi "of 1 or more alps suffer 1 wound even if they are already slow.

4 Never wake up If a model is killed by Feed on Dreams within 3" of 1 or more alps, thew Alp closest to the killed model summons 1 alp

5 Smother Enemy non nightmare models activating within 3" of one or more alps must perform a WP->12 duel that recieve - for each Alp after the first within 3". if the model loses the Duel it recieves slow.

How this changes them.

Smother has lost 1" of range. Both Feed on Dreams and Exhaustion now limit you to 1 wound regardless of the number of Alps present.

Now being bombed by a group of Alps will cause you to take the WP test, but you will only take 1 wd for recieving that slow. And when you attack an alp, you will only take 1 wd for the strike action.

Gut reaction.

They may still show up in Dreamer crews, but the reduction in the number of wounds you'll be taking when you face lots of them means that they will have to be used to support other models who can do the damage.

2 of them used to make a large number of the enemies crew slow is still worth while, and opponents will need to decide if its worth spending early activations on trying to remove them, or on killing the other threats.

I think I will still take three of them. Dishing out slow to clumped groups of enemies is clutch. Plus with some prep work via chompy and others you can still spawn a buttload of them.

My opponent just wont want to punch me in the face after.

If nothing else, it's good to see our input used up there. I hope a lot of the nay sayers against Wyrd not listening to us have started to see they actually are!

Good job though everyone despite all the arguements we've had. These are word for word some of the changes that have come up here (and other places) and as a whole are pretty much the same thing almost everyone agreed upon. Wyrd at least thought we were on the right track.

Edited by karn987

If nothing else, it's good to see our input used up there. I hope a lot of the nay sayers against Wyrd not listening to us have started to see they actually are!

Good job though everyone despite all the arguements we've had. These are word for word some of the changes that have come up here (and other places) and as a whole are pretty much the same thing almost everyone agreed upon. Wyrd at least thought we were on the right track.

Yep, its nice to see some changes in the right direction. Hopefully they keep their foot on the gas.

the fury and anger thats been stewing can finally disappate. We can hug it out karn. These announcements make up for the fact that my sports teams both choked yesterday.

the fury and anger thats been stewing can finally disappate. We can hug it out karn. These announcements make up for the fact that my sports teams both choked yesterday.

You mean Neverborn can finally make up and stop being a fractured group? :surprised

Neverborn goup hug time :grouphug:

Group+Hug2.jpg

excellent changes that allow for the origional intent and flavor and keep them still useful but not an auto include. Cheers

now if we can work on keeping the positive comments actually positive and not backhanded... what am I thinking this is the internet...

I believe this thread can now fade into oblivion and I can work on what i'm going to take to league tonight as I may have to put together some models to replace some alps. luckily i'd been only using three to play nice anyhow.

excellent changes that allow for the origional intent and flavor and keep them still useful but not an auto include. Cheers

now if we can work on keeping the positive comments actually positive and not backhanded... what am I thinking this is the internet...

I believe this thread can now fade into oblivion and I can work on what i'm going to take to league tonight as I may have to put together some models to replace some alps. luckily i'd been only using three to play nice anyhow.

I wouldent take the alps out, I think three is still the sweet spot, I might drop down to 2. but that seems less likely to land the slow effect im looking for now.

Insidious madness might replace the one.

I wouldent take the alps out, I think three is still the sweet spot, I might drop down to 2. but that seems less likely to land the slow effect im looking for now.

Insidious madness might replace the one.

I was thinking the same thing. Today is a 30 SS game and i'll likely be running exactly what i'd planned. With Coppelious they are still really good, just not stupid OMG ridiculously broken.

I now must get a nightmare teddy... I rue the day I missed that he had multiple heads and didn't order him.

YEA!!!

Not a huge fan of insignificant (it'll certainly get me using Night Terrors more for 3-pt objective monkeys), but I LOVE all of the "one or more" changes. It'll enable me to enjoy playing the Dreamer without having to worry as much about my opponent's enjoyment being compromised.

Thank you Wyrd!

Honestly, I love the changes except possibly for insignificant. It just seems a bit like overkill there. I'd love for someone to give me* a reason to use the alps now, especially in a dreamer list.

*I don't play Neverborn, but I have a freind who does and he thinks they are useless now. I'd love to have an example for how they aren't worse than the other 3 stone models.

Automatic wounds and the (likely) application of Slow.

Well, they only apply wounds if they do give slow, and now only 2 of them at most initially. And then the alp dies because they are still squishy. Right now what I am looking for is really, what makes these as good as or better than x 3 stone model. Why should they be taken over night terrors, for instance?

I'm not trying to be difficult here, I'm just wanting someone to sell me on them so I can sell my friend on them.

Well, they only apply wounds if they do give slow, and now only 2 of them at most initially. And then the alp dies because they are still squishy. Right now what I am looking for is really, what makes these as good as or better than x 3 stone model. Why should they be taken over night terrors, for instance?

I'm not trying to be difficult here, I'm just wanting someone to sell me on them so I can sell my friend on them.

If you take three of them, and your opponent clumps, you can make a good chunk of his models slow. Also, if they each take their own attacks and end up inflicting more slows thats more damage, spawning more alps.

They dont automatically kill stuff now, but they still kill stuff, and they still make it slow.

Heck, you can deploy them around the dreamer or LCB to keep enemy models from attacking him (they will take damage/ become slow, which makes them lose attacks)

I understand you're not trying to be difficult, but I stand by my answer. They're a lot like Sorrows for the Dreamer. They don't do a lot on their own and they are relatively easy to kill, but if you use them right they can be very successful.

Slow is a huge deal, and the ability to put it on a bunch of models (which I'm assuming can happen because of the negative flips) if they group up is a big deal. Additionally, if you're trying to hit them close in, they can still cause problems.

Honestly, somewhat unavoidable wounds (Walk or Strike Actions), somewhat hard to avoid wounds (from getting slow), and the application of Slow are great -- and the model doesn't even need to activate to do this.