Tale of .... - Project

DAGabriel

Hi guys,

perhaps you have read it in Sigurs thread already, but we together with some other chaps at warseer would like to start a "Tale of Skirmish Games Painters".

For everyone who doesn`t know the concept:

A Group of painters join the Tale for a specified time with the goal to paint a certain amount of minis.

The timetable and the amount of praise and positiv critics should motivate those of us "painting with the speed of a thousand dead courtesans in stasis chamber".

The idea originated in the Malifaux section of warseer and we thought we could start a similar thing at the same time here.

Those who write in both forums can double up, those only writing here could have a chance at it, too.

What do you think?

Duration 6 months, everything between 1 to x Minis per month and beginning in August with the first WIP-Thread, first painted Minis to be presented at the beginning of September. One Joker acceptable?

We will start with one continous thread and only split it if it grows so big it starts to be confusing.

Everybody should time it in such a way, that at least one Crew/Group is ready to play at the end of the 6th month.

You should post here, which crew/group for which system you plan to do and i will see to start the Tale at the first of August here and in the Painting support Group like the rest of the Tales.

Please post if you write in both forums!

Keep on painting happily!

@ some passing Mod: where should the Tale take place? Here, Showcase or somwhere else????

List of Participants:

+AdrianMills...........Kirai

+aka hazard...........Guild

+Angor..................Hamelin

+AstroZombie

+Bleeding Through

+Borthcollective......Dreamer, Vics, Hoff

+Bucket Monkey.....Guild

+Cassarus.............Hoff

+CRC....................GenCon things

+CubertFarnsworth..Raspy, Nekima, PWs

+D Arquebus......... Somer

+Daemonkin..........Seamus&Perdita

DAGabriel............Gremlins and more....Here & other side of the breach

Deadpool............lots of things

December`sPawn..Raspy/Hoff/McMourning

Edonil..................Kirai & more

Geckilan..............many things

harbinger.............Kollodi

Hatchethead........Ressies

hjorhrafn.............Showgirls

lamwyrd...............Kirai

Jens

Memento Mori....Colette, LadyJ

Mike3838

Moondog

MunkeyKungFu.....Ophelia & Lucius

Mydnight.............Rasputina

Nightseer.............Ramos......................Here & other side of the breach

Orboros...............Marcus

Osoi....................McMourning

Perplexity.............Guild/LadyJ................Here & other side of the breach

pfuetzi

Rathnard.............Lucius & al.

Regnak...............Seamus alt gang

Rotokultaxe

Rumpole.............Colette&Pandora

Scribe.................Ramos

Sigur....................................................Here & other side of the breach

SteamHammer.....Lilith & al.

Stonedog-7

Talos...................Outcasts

WookieeGunner....Raspy

Edited by DAGabriel

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, but i thought i would give everyone enough time to buy, prepare, plan etc. (Most of us will paint the rest of an existing crew and another one).

The more people and the more pics the better!

I will take you into the list of participants in the first thread! Wyrd Forum only?

I would like to join aswell. I have a Hamelin crew sitting on my desk waiting for some paint. A have painted a few rats so far but still have at least a dozen other models that I need to finish.

I will be interested to see how the 'tale of' system works with skirmish games. as painting 20+ models a month for 40k or fantasy is a reasonable challenge. Painting a malifaux gang within 6 months seems very drawn out. What sort of points per month were you thinking of being painted?

I'd be interested in joining too. I've been following tales of fantasy and 40K painters in the past, but I've never had the guts of joining (I'm a very slow painter, and having 200 pts of skaven ready after a month is just impossible for me...).

Will it be a set number of minis we have to paint per month, or is each painter allowed to choose the number of models ?

I will be interested to see how the 'tale of' system works with skirmish games. as painting 20+ models a month for 40k or fantasy is a reasonable challenge. Painting a malifaux gang within 6 months seems very drawn out. What sort of points per month were you thinking of being painted?

I think I could almost manage a faction in 6 months.

Seeing how I managed to paint my Colette and Sonnia crews in just under a month in since then all I've managed is to undercoat 3 models for 40k and drill some bases for my Lilith crew it may not be a good idea for me to join this project, lol.

Then again, I don't own a camera to supply the pics of any painted models either :(

I put everyone of whom i thought he would be interested on the list in post1.

Please take a look if that is ok!!!

I think the minimum should be 12 minis in 6 months, i will try to go for more than one crew, perhaps my Gremlins and Lilith and some mercenarys?

Though im committed to the "Tale of Terrain Builders", too.

Yes, i will organise it at both forums.

One thread here for every month, but the organisational form is the same as on warseer, because i really like the Tale of... concept.

But i will invite the warseerites here and vice versa.

I think some promotion for Malifaux is ok, don`t you think so?

Glad to have you on board, i`ll put you on the list!

Sounds like a nice idea! :) Um, I have already begun my Gremlins and as soon as I get some bases I will get on with them. I hope to have what I have completed before August and order some other Gremlin bits. As I will be working on my gremlins at the moment I guess the best thing for me to do would be to choose a new faction to work on when this starts. I will think which crew to get and let you know ;)

@ Regnak: Would really be glad to have you!

@ Nightseer: No, it should not be Malifaux-exclusive. Over at warseer we called it "Tale of Skirmish Game Painters"

@ some passing Mod: where should the Tale take place? Here, Showcase or somwhere else????

BTW: Got 8 guys interested on the other side of the breach (warseer)

Edited by DAGabriel

Hi lamwyrd, glad to have you.

To give everyone a bit of time i thought to start the first Thread at the 1st of August for WIP pictures.

Where this thread will be? I just put in a question for the mods.

At September there will be a new Thread, 1st week in September will be for the pics of finished minis, from 2nd week on it turns into C&C and new WIPs.

So every month a new thread with new shiny pics and hopefully after half a year some fine group pics (and perhaps the start of a new tale?).

Hi lamwyrd, glad to have you.

To give everyone a bit of time i thought to start the first Thread at the 1st of August for WIP pictures.

Where this thread will be? I just put in a question for the mods.

At September there will be a new Thread, 1st week in September will be for the pics of finished minis, from 2nd week on it turns into C&C and new WIPs.

So every month a new thread with new shiny pics and hopefully after half a year some fine group pics (and perhaps the start of a new tale?).

I'd say keep it all in one thread. It would be alot easier to see progress and track history in one thread rather than trying to search for multiple threads.. ?

Perhaps worth a try.

Thought about the threads at warseer, where up to 50 people post Wips and pics and C&C, that would be too much for one thread.

When the group is small enough, we try it with one thread.

If need should be, we can split later.

I`ll change it in the first post.

@ Nightseer: No, it should not be Malifaux-exclusive. Over at warseer we called it "Tale of Skirmish Game Painters"

Then you can add me to the list! :) I'll go with a Ramos crew, and anything I pick up after Book3 comes out - for one of my crews, or for my friend's guild one. Oh, and I'm on warseer too! (Guess I'll have to buy some new things every month - I painted my friend's guild crew - the Sonnia&LadyJ boxes - in three days... ;) )

Sounds good to me - I wanted to start a Showgirls Crew anyhow and this might be a good starting point to stay motivated. And there is a myriad other skirmish systems I'd like to expand or start new armies / crews: Hell Dorado, Ron&Bones, Infinity, Confrontation, Mordheim, Eden... no lack of minis waiting for paint ;)