Chiaki or What are your closest models to Auto Include?

There have been several threads the last few days where Chiaki has come up and been part of the discussion. In my opinion she is almost an auto include and an amazing value for her cost. For 6SS you get a 7 wound, Incorporeal, Manipulative 12, WK 5 model that has some great casts and abilities. She can (1) force all enemies in range to take TN 14 WP duel or be pushed, (1) remove a condition on a model (friend or foe) at range and on a trigger heal 2 wounds on the model. She has a (0) that makes a model Insignificant on a WP duel and inflict damage with it as well, and also has a MI attack- albeit one that isn't very good. For an additional 1SS she gets an upgrade that gives her an additional (1) that gives out the slow condition within 10" on a WP duel with a trigger to do it again on another model. She also gets Chi from her (0) on a trigger that can make all her casts more effective. 

When I look at her value for her cost and how much she brings to a game for me just with the condition removal for my models defensively or for my summons offensively, the possible heal trigger, and her ability to make my opponents models slow she seems like an amazing bargain. When I also consider that in a number of Strategies or Schemes she can also significantly impact my ability to deny my opponent points (Remove Shed Blood, Remove Gathered Intel, Make key model Insignificant so it can't interact) her value goes up even more. Then when I revisit that I am getting this for 1 SS more (2 with the upgrade) than I would pay for an Ashigaru or Necropunk my evaluation goes up even further. 

Currently she is one of the closest models to an auto include there is for me with multiple masters. Do you consider her the same? Are there masters/games you don't take her in or think she is a poor choice for and why? Also are there other models you think are almost an auto include for your Resurrectionists lists and why?

For Mcmourning I used to consider the following basically autoincludes:

Chihuahua, Sebastian, carrion emissary,

rafkin, nurse

However, i havent used him in gg18 yet, and my game plan was based around summoning a tonne of canine remains which i do not feel is as strong this year, so I don't know if these would still be auto.

For yan lo:

Soul porter, carrion emissary, and now Asura probably.

Great thing about yan is how many options he has on account of not having a real commitment to a certain keyword/theme. Ancestors and retainers are all great, but there are quite a few of them and each tend to have quite specific roles that aren't always in demand.

Early days for my Molly, but for now sybelle makes it into virtually every crew, and i try to slot Phillip in whenever I can. Her aggressive and defensive builds have quite different compositions for me.

As for Chiaki, i find her great with any master and she is in my always consider list for all the ones I run (along with anna Lovelace, datsue ba, Philip, rotten belle, necropunk). Nothing else really  competes with her for what she brings to a crew. Condition removal and insignificant ray on a manipulative incoporeal body are top competitive abilities. As I said in another thread, I just don't find myself taking her very often of late as having more models that can pressure by beating face has seemed to have greater probability of swinging the game. You takes your chances without her, often I find it pays off. However, in the gg18 objectives you mentioned I agree she is pretty much auto include

• Like 1

@mo11usq you mentioned the Emissary with Yin. That’s another one (the Emissary) that I almost feel is an auto in a number of lists as well. At least in initial consideration.....

He speeds up your crew, provides Mindless Zombies that can be useful for a number of masters, for Sebastian, or a number of other uses. The Shards themselves are also great even without considering the MZ. 

Plus with the master specific Confluxes......

• Agree 1

I find my trinity of minions really hard to not take every game: doxy, belle, nurse. chiaki has direct utility in every strat or paired scheme in 2018.

test subjects dufresne with amina naidu to make things insignificant peons till end of game with a 0 (hello mlh...) seems very relevant in every strat as well, including making your own dying models peons so they dont bleed VP ;) 

My auto include is Anna Lovelace, her ability to stop enemy movement tricks and her rush of magic are always handy. She stays in the second row, shoots in melee and when she gets attacked she has some wounds and armour. Nice package, but expensive.

When my Archie arrives I want to test to burry archie with her and let Molly unleashe hell...

This year I've only been playing DYKWIA/Sinister Seamus and I've taken Yin in every list so far. She's a hard to get rid of and her (0) Gnawing Fear is amazing in a Seamus Horror Duel crew handing out :-fate to CA and WP duels. Also a great candidate for MLH

Chiaki is fast becoming auto include for me for all the reasons mentioned above

All of my list include a Belle

Last year a Nurse was auto include for me before the nerf, but I was primarily playing Mcmourning. I still think a nurse is auto include for him although not so much now with other masters

I've just picked up Asura Roten but haven't painted her or got her on the table yet, but from the looks of her card she is going to see a lot of play in my lists year, especially as I plan on some Nicodem games soon

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Ice dancers with Seamus for me. Cant resist taking a pair of them whenever I see public demonstration or set up in the scheme pool. I've also become quite reliant on hiring Envy as a merc with Seamus also, either giving Seamus focus or pulling them up the board with a Kentauroi to get into killing range.

On 3/4/2018 at 12:22 AM, McSkip said:

My auto include is Anna Lovelace, her ability to stop enemy movement tricks and her rush of magic are always handy. She stays in the second row, shoots in melee and when she gets attacked she has some wounds and armour. Nice package, but expensive.

When my Archie arrives I want to test to burry archie with her and let Molly unleashe hell...

I really like Anna for the things you mentioned (shutting down movement tricks & Rush of Magic) but I struggle fitting her into my lists. I think I managed to get her into a Kirai list one time for the RoM and possibility of completely expendable models to summon out of from Mod/Sev damage on Swirling Damned. Her (0) action can also be amazing for things like Extraction/Ours/Guard the Stash that require models to be in specific places.....but at the price i is so hard for me to fit her in after I account for the items I feel are mandatory for the masters I play. 

On 3/5/2018 at 7:32 AM, Athiko said:

This year I've only been playing DYKWIA/Sinister Seamus and I've taken Yin in every list so far. She's a hard to get rid of and her (0) Gnawing Fear is amazing in a Seamus Horror Duel crew handing out :-fate to CA and WP duels. Also a great candidate for MLH

Chiaki is fast becoming auto include for me for all the reasons mentioned above

All of my list include a Belle

Last year a Nurse was auto include for me before the nerf, but I was primarily playing Mcmourning. I still think a nurse is auto include for him although not so much now with other masters

I've just picked up Asura Roten but haven't painted her or got her on the table yet, but from the looks of her card she is going to see a lot of play in my lists year, especially as I plan on some Nicodem games soon

Seamus is my go to also. I heard enough people bag on him that I had to give him a try and I really dig his theme/idea and his play styles can be fun too. I have run Yin with Seamus quite a bit also though any game where I don't have a Doxy to push her up the board I get frustrated by how slow she is and how long it takes to get her in the right place. 

I am no an Asura fan.... I have heard the arguments in favor of her and the free Zombie early can ensure that Seamus can summon, block something/tie something up, etc. But its hard for me to include her. Most of the time I want at least two or three other good threats in my list besides Seamus and the CopyCat and she just doesn't beat out Izamu, Datsue Ba, or some of the other choices for me. 

Chiaki is money though. Every time I look at her I see more reasons to use her. 

8 minutes ago, thewrathchilde said:

I am no an Asura fan.... I have heard the arguments in favor of her and the free Zombie early can ensure that Seamus can summon, block something/tie something up, etc. But its hard for me to include her. Most of the time I want at least two or three other good threats in my list besides Seamus and the CopyCat and she just doesn't beat out Izamu, Datsue Ba, or some of the other choices for me. 

This isn't why Seamus wants Asura. Asura insures that killing Seamus is basically impossible. And giving your Rotten Belles a +1 Ml and +1 damage is why she's worth far more than the 8SS. Not because she's all that heavy a hitter, but because now everything else is better.