How many Rat Kings and Rat Catchers do you run?

MudgeBlack

New Hamlin player here.  As above, typically, how many Rat Kings and Rat Catchers do you hire?  How many on hand for being summoned?

Been playing for some time and just completed my Outcast collection with Curiosity Killed the Cat and Fist Full of Script from the Gen Con sale and looking for suggestions as to what I need to add to the Hamlin/Cat crew to get up to speed.

Thanks

Ive played hamelin for well over a year now and ive never once hired a rat catcher or rat king in my starting crew. My build can reliably get my 2 rat kings or a rat king and a rat catcher turn 1 and with a perfevt line up of cards and rat placements i can very reliably get 2 each turn after. Ive had 5 kings and 2 catchers on the board before in games just through the summoning

• Like 2

I sometimes Hire 1 ratcatcher, but never in a Hamlin crew. Some times you really want  a model with don't mind me. 

Just a warning, if you still need to buy the brotherhood of the rat box, I believe they have confirmed they are doing a cat version at black friday

• Like 1

On 8/29/2017 at 4:13 AM, Adran said:

I sometimes Hire 1 ratcatcher, but never in a Hamlin crew. Some times you really want  a model with don't mind me. 

Just a warning, if you still need to buy the brotherhood of the rat box, I believe they have confirmed they are doing a cat version at black friday

Thats a big part of why I asked, so I know how many Brotherhood of the "Cat" boxes to get Black Fri.

Thanks for all the feedback.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MudgeBlack said:

Thats a big part of why I asked, so I know how many Brotherhood of the "Cat" boxes to get Black Fri.

Always a pleasure when someone has already asked the question I have in mind.

Thanks to everyone who is providing advice.

On 02/09/2017 at 7:45 AM, MudgeBlack said:

Remember it's not one box at Black Friday. They've split it into a Cat Herder box (2 Rat catchers/Cat Herders) and a Cat Princess and Alley Cats box (Rat King/Princess and 4 Rats/Alley Cats).

That way you can get more than 2 Rat Kings without doubling up on Rat Catchers that you can't use.

• Like 2

On 9/2/2017 at 4:30 PM, -Loki- said:

Remember it's not one box at Black Friday. They've split it into a Cat Herder box (2 Rat catchers/Cat Herders) and a Cat Princess and Alley Cats box (Rat King/Princess and 4 Rats/Alley Cats).

That way you can get more than 2 Rat Kings without doubling up on Rat Catchers that you can't use.

Thanks for the heads up.  With it looking like an LE I want to make sure I get the order right.