GenCon Outcast Releases

spect_spidey

So there seems to be a couple Outcasts releases for GenCon. The couple model renders posted look pretty cool. Is there any way to find out a bit more about them? I am not attending GenCon. If the new releases fit my playstyle, then I definitely want to pick them up during GenCon in the online store. Has there been any talk or details about Talos, Midnight Stalker, or the Outcast upgrades?

The upgrades I'm sure are pretty easential since they open up a pretty new playstyle I'm sure for each master. The pack you can prob chop up with friends though so no big deal. In terms of models it's Talos and the stalker. Stalker is useful and prob a good pickup but talos is a little more specific really only useful in Tara. 

I wouldn't call Talos exactly squishy with Armor, Terrifying and self-healing. It's just that most big guys rely on something other than Df to stay alive.

Also, I need that Stalker in my collection. The rules look nice and the model fits them so well.

52 minutes ago, Amdor said:

I wouldn't call Talos exactly squishy with Armor, Terrifying and self-healing. It's just that most big guys rely on something other than Df to stay alive.

Also, I need that Stalker in my collection. The rules look nice and the model fits them so well.

Yes, but Terrifying is only 11 and Armor +1 isn't that great either, and Df 4 pretty ensures that hit would land down. But you never know until you try, I will buy it regardless, mini is pretty badass.

A lot of people took part in the public beta testing which gave us copies of the stats each week to test. The final stats we saw may not be the published stats though. 

They have taken down the test, and so have taken down the stats from public view

Talos played with burying models. The midnight stalker is from a chronicles story issue 29  of a dandy seriel killer (Unappriciated in my time)

• Like 1

Personally I'm very disappointed that we didn't get alternative Lazarus at this GenCon, I was waiting for him so hard.

As for new models I personally like midnight stalker, miniature itself is pretty nice, and his abilities would be fun to try.

• Like 1

I suspect there is going to be plenty of posts after Gencon on people asking how to deal with the Midnight Stalker if his rules did not get much overhaul since the open Beta.  He is an odd little duck and I am glad his model is not crazy.  I was worried he would look more like a crazy loon.  I like the fact he looks rather ordinary cause he can be both a face in a crowd sort and still perhaps be gentleman like.  During the open beta I liked calling him the Gentleman Stalker *enough a couple opponents questioned if that was his name*.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2017 at 11:28 PM, spect_spidey said:

Where are you finding these details about their stats and abilities? I have not seen anything on these models. I was curious to their stats and abilities before I buy them.

Malifaux Musings has written up a quick look at all the new characters coming up in Book 5. It doesn't have all the stats etc, but it gives you an idea of what each model can do.

(http://www.malifauxmusings.com/2017/07/book-5-pre-previews-rezzers-and-outcasts.html?m=1)

Talos does a whole bunch around burying, hence the obvious Tara connection. If you're already rocking Tara, N-Beast, Scion, Aionus & Death Marshals though, there might not be room for another Buryer, right? Not sure how many can be buried at once.

On 05/08/2017 at 7:31 AM, Gluk said:

Personally I'm very disappointed that we didn't get alternative Lazarus at this GenCon, I was waiting for him so hard.

Think everyone's pinning their hopes on him being a Black Friday prize. That would mean a minimum spend of some kind, though. Which would lead on to silly eBay prices for him until he goes on general release at Easter or whenever...

On 03/08/2017 at 9:34 PM, Raimu said:

Yes, but Terrifying is only 11 and Armor +1 isn't that great either, and Df 4 pretty ensures that hit would land down. 

LOADS of the big dudes in Malifaux only have Df 4 though. It's pretty standard.

Think of it as their inability to move quickly and with any grace - they're easy to hit, but wounding them to any degree is a bit harder...

26 minutes ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

Malifaux Musings has written up a quick look at all the new characters coming up in Book 5. It doesn't have all the stats etc, but it gives you an idea of what each model can do.

(http://www.malifauxmusings.com/2017/07/book-5-pre-previews-rezzers-and-outcasts.html?m=1)

Talos does a whole bunch around burying, hence the obvious Tara connection. If you're already rocking Tara, N-Beast, Scion, Aionus & Death Marshals though, there might not be room for another Buryer, right? Not sure how many can be buried at once.

Only Glimpse the Void trigger has a universal bury limit. The closest existing bury is that of the death marshals which can bury one per model, so until I see the Talos card again I will guess that he has a personal bury limit of one.

28 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Only Glimpse the Void trigger has a universal bury limit. The closest existing bury is that of the death marshals which can bury one per model, so until I see the Talos card again I will guess that he has a personal bury limit of one.

Last wersion stat card tells: Into the Furnace Target enemy model is buried. If
this model takes this Action again or is removed from play then the target model is
unburied in base contact with this model before this model is removed from play.

So yes, looks like it is one model limit for buring by Talos.

1 hour ago, Gluk said:

So yes, looks like it is one model limit for buring by Talos.

Sweet. Looks like Talos will go nicely in a Burying-themed crew.

It always makes me chuckle though, thinking that everybody (who can Bury) kinda does it better than Tara (because of Glimpse the Void's limitation). As far as Burying being her gimmick, it's mostly that she just brings all those other models to the same place (Death Marshals, specifically), right?

Cool theme, tho.

3 hours ago, Bazlord_Prime said:

LOADS of the big dudes in Malifaux only have Df 4 though. It's pretty standard.

Think of it as their inability to move quickly and with any grace - they're easy to hit, but wounding them to any degree is a bit harder...

Yeah, but the Steam Trunk has Df 6.

It's quite more agile than the rest of the Freikorps xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1