Marcus Bomb List

H4ml3t

Played my first game with Marcus and really enjoyed him. Below is the Atomic Bomb list I used. My opponent conceded after Turn 3 but if we'd played it out the score would have been 9-0. For my next couple of games I'm going to try Non-Alpha lists and maybe play around with Blade and Claw.

50 SS Arcanists Crew
Marcus + 7 Pool
 - The Trail Of The Gods (1)
 - Feral Instincts (1)
Jackalope (2)
Myranda (8)
 - Imbued Energies (1)
Killjoy (13)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)
Guild Hound (3)
Malifaux Raptor (3)
Malifaux Raptor (3)
Malifaux Raptor (3)

(exported from CrewFaux)

• Like 1

Opponent Declared Ressers
Deployment: Standard Deployment (7)
Strategy: Squatter's Rights (Tomes)
Schemes: 
  * Claim Jump (Always)
  * Frame For Murder (Rams)
  * Accusation! (Masks)
  * Covert Breakthrough (1)
  * Search The Ruins (8)

I took Frame on Killjoy and Search.

Out activated opponent so after he was out of Models Turn 1 Myranda double walked and (0) to drop Sabertooth Cerberus and Killjoy in the middle of his crew who then went to town. 

The bomb not only killed enemy models but also tied up most of his Crew on his 1/2 of the board.

• Like 1

So how does the crew work? Is it just having a large number of attacks by beasts that can recieve buffs or is there some sort of trick to make it work?

Is it something like having Myranda move up, shape change, place Killjoy within charge range of an enemy when she gets sacrificed and then have a Raptor make Killjoy a beast so that Marcus can Alpha him?

Not too bad. Best Killjoy bomb I've played In Arcanists so far was:

Colette (Coreography, Reservoir, PP)

2 Doves

Raptor

Killjoy (energies)

Coryphee

Coryphee

Performer

Performer

At end of turn 1, Duet was on top of Dreamer, and Killjoy had already killed his Spawn Mother. By the end of turn 2 his Coppellius was dead and dreamer was on 1 wound. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

Wouldn't Seize the Day be better than Feral Instincts in that list? Gives you better odds of winning initiative turn 2 for maximum carnage. Feral doesn't seem to do much here.

Feral lets Marcus turn Killjoy into a beast, give him + flips to attack and damage that last until the end of the turn, then use Alpha to give Killjoy an activation. When Killjoy take his normal activation he still gets the + to attack and damage.

The down side is that Killjoy is taking a double negative flip for defense for the rest of the turn. 

On the other hand Seize the Day makes it much more likely that Killjoy won't just be erased at the start of turn 2 when opponent wins the initiative. With three raptors in the list and Marcus' own melee trigger you've got ways to turn Killjoy into a beast. Could of course get both if willing to lower cache to 6.

I haven't tried this extreme alpha strike list with Marcus so I might be overestimating the importance of Seize the Day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

Wouldn't Seize the Day be better than Feral Instincts in that list? Gives you better odds of winning initiative turn 2 for maximum carnage. Feral doesn't seem to do much here.

I thought of this post game. The ability to do 2 (0)'s intrigued me.

4 hours ago, prof_bycid said:

@H4ml3t  So Killjoy is a beast?!  <frantic flipping of pages ...>

This is ingenious.  I must try it, but first I must find a Killjoy. <slamming of door> <squealing of tires>

Ah, now I see it---mercenary.

For aesthetics I prefer to use The Carver as a legal proxy. One of my local players assembled and painted a Carver and gave it to me and this was the first I got to use it.

• Like 1

Its a fun list, but its not Unstopable. 

Killjoy isn't slow, because he isn't summoned. The cerberus is slow, and won't have any upgrades, so you will need him to do a lot with his 1 attack. Hopefully your bonus 4 cards/original hand will have high tomes, and a 5:mask for its leap. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Its a fun list, but its not Unstopable. 

Killjoy isn't slow, because he isn't summoned. The cerberus is slow, and won't have any upgrades, so you will need him to do a lot with his 1 attack. Hopefully your bonus 4 cards/original hand will have high tomes, and a 5:mask for its leap. 

Absolutely not unstoppable. But fun and effective. 

2 hours ago, prof_bycid said:

I used this and took out the opposing master turn 1.  It was a new player, so I apologized for the whomping.  I just had to try it, and he was cool about it.

I'm glad you had fun. I'm also glad the new player wasn't too discouraged. It's a pretty brutal list for a new player to handle.

PS: I look forward to seeing your work on Killjoy or The Carver over on the Monthly Painting Challenge thread.

I've played Marcus twice more with non-Killjoy lists and I continue to enjoy him. Lost my second game (played "support" Marcus) 8-7 and won last night's game (beatstck Marcus) 6-5.

Trail of the Gods getting 4 Ml attacks at min dmg 4 is crazy good.

I still haven't played with Blade and Claw so my next list might feature Langston and Raptors. I'm really enjoying the variety of play-style Marcus offers.