Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

4thstringer

I Successfully won with master nekima ama

18 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say I Successfully won a game where I first turn murdered lucius with nekima.   It was a 10-3 victory,  with significant grow actions happening.

6 people like this

It was a game against Marcus in extraction.   The game came down to a few really lucky flips (initiative turn 3 that let me heal up nekima from one wound while finishing off the sabertooth and the razorspine.  this grew a young, then a mature).She still died to the blessed which I would have killed if it weren't for the black.  

The other lucky flip was with another summoned young earlier (summoned from killing Marcus).  That slow young was able to chain blood frenzy to get bishop down to two wounds ( who then hit back twice and killed himself and the young).

My opponent was able to kill the mature, but then lost his summoned one to graves. 

as opposed to unsuccessfully winning? ;)

2 people like this

I was in a little shock that I was successful at all when I wrote this.

1 person likes this

10 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I was in a little shock that I was successful at all when I wrote this.

lol, I've seen Neima become master and win - but not on turn 1.

Sounds sweet. I've got a question about leader Nekima. If she takes thousand faces then kills a master, can she then exchange thousand faces for aether connection?

I would guess yes, that is just a gut call.  I also considered switching upgrades using a terra cotta warrior.

1 person likes this

Yeah, it was an unupgraded lucius, nekima with thousand faces and mimics blessing, 3 tots, a bbs, and graves with thousand faces.  Thousand faces is what I take when I want rapid growth now, so that if I lose my rapid growth guy, my other rapid growth carrier can use it.

1 person likes this

Any reason you picked Lucius in particular? there was a previous thread that mentionned Lynch would be a good candidate due to the Hungering Darkness.

1 hour ago, 4thstringer said:

Thousand faces is what I take when I want rapid growth now, so that if I lose my rapid growth guy, my other rapid growth carrier can use it.

Genius!

1 hour ago, Sybaris said:

Any reason you picked Lucius in particular? there was a previous thread that mentionned Lynch would be a good candidate due to the Hungering Darkness.

Laughs and the ability to get to 4 wounds voluntarily so nekima can one shot him.   

I forgot,  I also had a depleted. 

1 person likes this

Interesting once more, i never even looked at lucius actually...he's not my cup of tea. Might have to take a look.

Considering the fact that my wife likes Nekima and I just bought her the Bound by law box last night I may just do this myself.

It seems both Lynch and Lucius have means to get down to 4 wounds. 

Given Lynch's ability to use aces repeatedly, he can "Play for blood" and loose to suffer wounds, dueling against Nekima's Wp 7 should do the trick...and even if she looses, she'll regain the wounds with her Birthright. It might be annoying if you don't have a very weak card to fail the duel, but it'll come up eventually by taking Mulligans. If you get the ace of mask, make sure to activate those Tots before doing Birthright, as they can sprint automatically with it.

Lucius has 2 ways of getting hurt; he can simply use Devil's deal to suffer wounds when he uses a soulstone, but he can also use Commnanding presence to allow a friendly model (let's assume Nekima) to strike him...at a slightly higher risk. With her very high Wp, odds are she'll pass the Horror duel right away, or can cheat it through, but there's that little Black Joker somewhere which could ruin your day. If going that avenue, Nekima could bring the Pact upgrade, almost ensuring she doesn't get paralysed by Commanding presence. Since she must use Birthright in her own activation, she could get a free "walk" in order to move toward her objective through Lucius's own walk...effectively making the "birthright" coup completely AP free.  It does make a nice image of Lucius prancing around Nekima only for her to cut him down like a fly.

Lynch brings in the Hungering Darkness though, for free, but he has a cache of 1 while Lucius has a cache of 4.

Knowing this...which one would be the best to bring in?

If you bring in Lucius, and go for Pact,  you could also bring in Terracotta warriors for a bit  more upgrade re-arranging once you've gone master. 

1 person likes this