Aaron

August 3rd - The Other Side

From what I read from that interview link someone posted, something about 30-80mm bars. Does that mean tiny models on bases representing entire squads, a la Epic 40k? Because if so...

Speaking as the lead designer of the game, I don't know what a bar is. Most of the interview that came from is correct, though. I know I never said anything about a bar (I don't even drink!).

• Like 1

From what I read from that interview link someone posted, something about 30-80mm bars. Does that mean tiny models on bases representing entire squads, a la Epic 40k? Because if so...

As much as love Epic (mainly 4th (Armageddon) and 2nd (Space Marine) edition though, didn't like 3rd (Epic 40k) very much) I took the interview to mean that the models would range from 30 to 80 mm in height, i.e. the same as Malifaux.

I don't know what a bar is.

It's where you go to get a drink Aaron! It's lucky you have us to explain these things.

• Like 3

Speaking as the lead designer of the game, I don't know what a bar is. Most of the interview that came from is correct, though. I know I never said anything about a bar (I don't even drink!).

The word bar was in the text after the mm, I don't know why or how either. I would be just as "Shut up and take my money!" about a larger format game as well though. You guys make great product - this game would probably be balanced much better than the competition :)

I was told it would be a larger scale game (in comparison to Malifaux).  Also uses a fate deck.  In terms of model sizes, I would prefer the 28-32mm heroic scale because that's all I've ever played.

I think something along the lines of 40k Epic would be pretty interesting. I'm not sure how much I'd be into just scaling up the list sizes of Malifaux for massive play. It pleases me that this supposedly won't be compatible with Malifaux though - throwing in too many side games would make balance a real pain eventually. 

Comparison are a slippery slope......

I wonder what all the characters will be like. Also it not very polite to name the big ugly monster after coworkers, poor Mason.

I wonder what all the characters will be like. Also it not very polite to name the big ugly monster after coworkers, poor Mason.

Yeah, poor Mason!

• Like 3

Wait Justin the top right.... So he is either the poor guy being torn apart or the monster....

Aaron, did something happen at Gen Con? Did Mason beat you again? Did Justin pic on you?

The game will feature more models than Malifaux, but there are currently no plans to change the scale.

But, you know, testing.

Wait Justin the top right.... So he is either the poor guy being torn apart or the monster....

Aaron, did something happen at Gen Con? Did Mason beat you again? Did Justin pic on you?

They made me sleep on the couch the whole con and they took the beds.

• Like 4

They made me sleep on the couch the whole con and they took the beds.

They made you? Or the only alternative was sharing a bed?

Also, if you need playtesters... *clears throat in a manner that shows interest*