Ooo Glowy Targets

quiche

Honestly I can see Sue being useful along with Taelor and Johan depending on what you need. If you want to sac a model (stuffed pigs go well here) Killjoy is, well, um, yeah. Killjoy at min damage 5 is Terrifying.

Maybe try something like this?

Gremlins Crew - 50 - Scrap

Wong -- 3 Pool
 +Explosive Solutions [2]
 +Liquid Bravery [1]
 +Ooo Glowy [1]

Lovely Assistant [3]
Bayou Gremlin [3]
Bayou Gremlin [3]
Burt Jebsen [7]
Killjoy [13]
 +Dirty Cheater [1]
Pigapult [8]
Stuffed Piglet [2]
Stuffed Piglet [2]
Stuffed Piglet [2]
Stuffed Piglet [2]
  • Like 1

*shudders* I'm grateful I'm the only one who plays Killjoy in my area.

You picked hands down near all my favorites...

So let's make it a party!

If you want survivable and potential damage output, then I'd go Gracie, but never, and I mean never, count out Burt.

Double crit strike is no joke with Magical. 

Add Lenny and you've got an equally impressive damage track.

Mancha would also really like his damage upped...with Regen thrown in.

As for mercs?

How about the Strongarm Suit?

He's got some nasty triggers and a (0) action to make everyone unhappy.

• Like 2

Magical: Damage dealt by this model ignores Armor, Hard to Kill, and Incorporeal
It's Magic, Don't Question It:
Regeneration +1: When this model Activates, it heals +1 damage.
Trust the Glow: Whenever this model deals damage with an Attack Action, it deals +1 damage.

Yeah that is really good on Killjoy, makes him a sorrow killer, hell there isn't much that will stand up to him at that point.
  • Like 1

The only real issue with the My Little Wong: Killjoy is Magic list is you're telegraphing it from about 3 tables away. Your opponent can plan exactly how he needs to deal with it.

In terms of efficiency, I honestly think Sue gives you the most magical bang for your buck if we're talking mercs. You get a very gorgeous 4 damage minimum on an attack, Sue + Dirty Cheater is worst case some interesting card draw, and you get a useful set of actions that compliment the Wong playstyle as well.

Burt and Gracie are good choices (Gracie with her reactivate, srsly) if we're looking in-house.

• Like 1

This is just theory but Lazarus w/super glow and dirty cheater would seem very strong. Up to four cheatable actions a turn, armor two, a pip of regen, and a built in healing flip all make him tanky. Up to three minimum four damage attacks, bypassing the usual defensives, with blasts, and good accuracy, plus the opportunity to borrow and augment the odd attack from nearby constructs, means he can share the pain.

• Like 1

Brewmaster: I like the idea of Sue - good suite of utility and solid attacks wirh relentless. Killjoy is Magic has to be a tactic I'd want to telegraph early in the day and switch to a less gimicky glowy target list later on - to keep everyone guessing!

Eternalvoid: Sounds like a barrel of fun! Would be a lot more confident at trying to get into engagement with some high risk models with the Def Buff.

The Godlyness: +1 Burt - pepperbox looks spicy.

On a side note: Lenny unfortunatey can't be made MAGIC ... So no glowy piglet whackin.

The only real issue with the My Little Wong: Killjoy is Magic list is you're telegraphing it from about 3 tables away. Your opponent can plan exactly how he needs to deal with it.

In terms of efficiency, I honestly think Sue gives you the most magical bang for your buck if we're talking mercs. You get a very gorgeous 4 damage minimum on an attack, Sue + Dirty Cheater is worst case some interesting card draw, and you get a useful set of actions that compliment the Wong playstyle as well.

Burt and Gracie are good choices (Gracie with her reactivate, srsly) if we're looking in-house.

yeah you may be telegraphing it but if Assassinate is on the table and I have surrounded a model with three stuffed pigs for it to deal with before it can move, it is extremely effective.

• 5 weeks later...

Havent played a single game yet... but would "student of conflict" be a good addition to the glowy killjoy list? I'd really like a fast pigapult there rather than one more standard grem.

Possibly, there are a number of models that can benefit from the SoC, I often take her in my Ophelia crews. Remember though, it's not instead of a standard Gremlin, it would be instead of the Lovely Assistant so you're losing crackerjack timing and prepare the show

• 1 month later...

McTavish with super glowy is very  scary, able to get 3 shots a turn quite easily that ignore cover and randomisation as well as all the glowy stuff, and with a push movement. Needs a gremlin about to drop makers for him to eat, but very strong