Nix an the Red Joker

ajay29

Question

You can't "flip moderate or severe". You can flip a 12 and deal Severe damage, or flip an 8 and deal Moderate damage, or flip a Red Joker and deal Severe + Weak damage.

Actually... You can. Look at the original fate decks. It's printed right on the card in the top right corner.

To those who argue that the RJ is a separate category in itself regarding "the chart", what happens when a rat flips the RJ for damage? Does it deal 1 blight? (EDITED)
And leveticus has that "half damage on a moderate or severe" upgrade (to the earth return), what if he flipped the RJ? 6 damage is still good, but maybe I'm flipping against mcmourning and I want 7 damage, for example.

In both these instances, the RJ is a detriment to their abilities because according to your opinion, it is NOT a combination of the effects of severe and weak...

And I want that damn sandwich...

I disagree.

The winner of this fight gets a sandwich.

GO!

You try to be the voice of reason in an argument and the Staff/Admins start talking about Sandwiches.... *Rolls Eyes*

Oh well, I sit firmly in the camp that the RJ is a totally different damage profile yes it says Severe + Weak but the damages aren't applied separately, it see it as Severe + Weak = Total Damage applied.

I don't agree that it should be Severe - Nix's ability = Moderate Damage applied then + Weak = Damage applied. However I can see where the logic in the counter argument especially givent he wording in the Rulebook. 

W: FAQ H: Sandwiches (Choice of filling optional!)  :D

Honestly, after rereading all the relavant segments, I see a strong argument that Nix would either get the Severe+weak, or it would become just Moderate. It says in the book that Red joker is always staged down to moderate, after all.

That being said, I hope it's Italian Meatball with spicy meatsauce, Parmesean, and Onions on Garlic bread with Provel and provelone cheese.

To those who argue that the RJ is a separate category in itself regarding "the chart", what happens when a rat flips the RJ for damage? Does it deal zero blight?

And leveticus has that "half damage on a moderate or severe" upgrade (to the earth return), what if he flipped the RJ? 6 damage is still good, but maybe I'm flipping against mcmourning and I want 7 damage, for example.

In both these instances, the RJ is a detriment to their abilities because according to your opinion, it is NOT a combination of the effects of severe and weak...

And I want that damn sandwich...

the rat would still apply +1blight regardless.

I don't know that that is a good argument that it should not be a category unto itself. It just means that Red Joker is not always beneficial.

Do you not think it should always be beneficial?

I'd hate to think there are situations where I'd rather have a severe than a RJ (as in the rat/Leve examples above)

You try to be the voice of reason in an argument and the Staff/Admins start talking about Sandwiches.... *Rolls Eyes*

Oh well, I sit firmly in the camp that the RJ is a totally different damage profile yes it says Severe + Weak but the damages aren't applied separately, it see it as Severe + Weak = Total Damage applied.

I don't agree that it should be Severe - Nix's ability = Moderate Damage applied then + Weak = Damage applied. However I can see where the logic in the counter argument especially givent he wording in the Rulebook. 

W: FAQ H: Sandwiches (Choice of filling optional!)  :D

I appreciate the voice of reason. I was hoping to highlight how right you were with a bit of irony and inject humor into the thread before people got too worked up.

Has the issue been noticed? Yes.

Will it be addressed? Yes.

Should people get too worked up over it in the mean time? Probably not.

Will the sandwich contain meatballs? THE FUTURE IS UNCERTAIN