Actions causing actions. when a model is killed

The Godlyness

Question

If this works then does that mean that when Collodi kills a model with Pull the Strings he can use the My Bidding Trigger to make them perform an action before they are removed from the table? -Aramoro

Also, just to appease you, I haven't seen any debate on Collodi's Trigger....unless there is something else that I have missed to tell me I'm wrong about it.....I WOULD say that Collodi's Trigger would go off first......considering the Trigger steps I quoted, and the 'Actions causing Actions' Call-out box on page 38. -dgraz

The Godlyness

On collodi's trigger its done after damage is done and models state is checked if the model is alive certainly it does a 1 ap action. If a model is killed how ever its not around to take that action.

Hahaha.....time for a new thread (or point me to the old one) because the Actions causing Actions call-out says that the original action isn't considered resolved until the new one is.

I think the main point of issue is the use of the word "Immediately". I've been searching, and I can't seem to find it, but wasn't there a discussion about "Immediately" not being the same as instantaneously, but rather after any automatic effects, but before anything optional can be added?

I think it had to do with Actions being caused by Actions. Or maybe I'm just misremembering something.

EDIT: Because if you remove the model "immediately" after taking damage, how can you then place a corpse/scrap marker before removing the model?-Morgan Vening

You can place corpse or scrap makers because under markers it says before the model is removed place the appropriate marker.

but under damage

When a number of points of damage is taken by a model, it reduces its current Wounds by that amount. If the model is reduced to 0 or fewer Wounds it is immediately removed from the game as killed.

so for Collodi the model is dead before it can perform the action. -The Godlyness

Well this is going to get buried but my other thread was locked so my question how ever stupid or counter intuitive it is

Posted Today, 02:01 PM

Model A targets model B with an attack action declares onslaught as his trigger. The damage flip reduces the model to 0 wounds and kills it. Before the model is removed onslaught happens you attack the model again and succeed in hitting. Go to the damage flip you have succeedd in doing damage(was not prevented etc). The model was was previously at 0 wounds. Does it count as being killed again.

Next thing. Decapitate, headshot, disembowl. You deal damage which reduces its wounds to 0 (kills the model) The trigger happens which says discard 2 ss or 2 cards or it is killed. Does this model count as being killed twice if the cards/ss are not discarded.

Why this matters killjoy healing twice. Icegamin/Golem fire gamin witchling stalkers deathmarshals doing their "when killed" effects twice. Tally sheet drawing 2 cards. Etc.

Please direct me to the appropriate pages saying a model can only be killed once in the rule book

Keep in mind that you do not have to use triggers unless the trigger specifies.

So any kind of trigger that says after damaging but does not say "this model must use a trigger if possible" or something similar is optional, and therefore if the model is dead, does not require flipping other cards, but would allow it.

This is ridiculous.A model is reduced to 0 Wounds.It is killed.Amy triggers that occur after damaging happen now.The model is still dead.Remove the model.It DOES NOT GET KILLED TWICE.Just stop.

For a decapitate trigger it clearly says it is killed. When it was reduced to 0 from the attack that allowed decapitate it was killed. It as now been killed twice.

Killed is not a condition therefore the +1 is irealavent.

When a model is reduced to 0 or fewer wounds it is "removed from the game as killed" not "killed." Once the model is removed from the game, it cannot be removed from the game again as it has already been removed from the game. There is no longer a model to remove. Since you cannot remove the model from the game again, it cannot be killed again.

When a model is reduced to 0 or fewer wounds it is "removed from the game as killed" not "killed." Once the model is removed from the game, it cannot be removed from the game again as it has already been removed from the game. There is no longer a model to remove. Since you cannot remove the model from the game again, it cannot be killed again.

So decapitate headshot etc. In reality they say reduce this model to zero wounds counts as killed? No. They say model is killed. The difference is that if that was the case these instant kill triggers could trigger things like sonnias reincarnation which they dont.

Common sense says that if I hit you with an attack that kills you but generates another I should not need to attack a dead model. Common sense to me means making a killed model perform a (1) action is dumb. But in the cinematic side its cool. Sonnai lashing back at rasputina. A dead justice making a final swing. Perdita last gasping shooting something. Collodi attaching strings to corpse and making it dance. Etc. In the strategic point of veiw you both burn cards so what ever.

Killed needs a definition. Being reduced to zero wounds is one way but there are clearly more.

Not until after your trigger has resolved! 

The rule specifies this case so they have clearly thought about it and want this interaction. Though I don't think you can be killed twice, as the model is already killed during the trigger, it's just waiting to be removed.