Brass Arachnid!

Mazin1

I am 100‰ sure that there is already a thread about this.

There was but it was closed.

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?50107-Brass-arachnid-30mm-!&highlight=brass

---------- Post added at 12:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?46226-M2E-Scale&p=670846#post670846

There seems to be some talk going on about the Brass arachnid atm.

• 2 weeks later...

Good looking model and nice build.

The thing I really like about the original metal is that it matched the fluff as "Ramos' first creation", or whatever. Height 1, and actually looking it, four spindly legs, coal-burning abdomen, and a buzz saw that is only a bit intimidating considering the world in which it "lives."

The new one looks like a colossal badass, not the first effort of a developing Arcanist. I kind of wish they would just errata the card and make it the Large Steam Arachnid. At first I planned on simply using it as such, but proxying it would like cause confusion of players used to seeing the sculpt as the totem.

Edited by Fenton Crack
Spelling

The new one looks like a colossal badass, not the first effort of a developing Arcanist. I kind of wish they would just errata the card and make it the Large Steam Arachnid. At first I planned on simply using it as such, but proxying it would like cause confusion of players used to seeing the sculpt as the totem.

Thanks for the compliment!

And I think that I figured out why there's such a scale problem. Much like the Gen Con, supertall, Viks/Student of Conflict, the Brass Arachnid was scanned/cut/cast to a different scale. It's 1:1 scale.

I've managed to fit mine onto a custom base easily, with no pinning or changes to the model required:

hzyo.jpg

While that looks good and all, it still comes over the base quite a lot and with 30mm base, there should be other models to get in base contact and move past it.

I think Cojo got upped to a 50mm base and got an errata because he couldn't comfortably fit on his base either.  It's likely more problematic in the case of the Brass Arachnid, as he had a 1/1.5 model already.  I still haven't opened my M&SU box, but did wonder when I saw the render on the back of the box.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I saw  the brass arachnid and - not knowing anything about the Arcanists - assumed it was some sort of heavy hitting tank beast! Then I tried to fight with him, checked his skills and used him as a way to get extra turns for Langston.

As for the model, I have a resin base with a big pipe coming up out of the ground at an angle. I glued a few of his grabber claw thingies in place and it looks cool. I'll have to work out how to send photos to my laptop quickly and show you.

I just got the Ramos box, and I'm seriously stoked about this model and not in the slightest stoked about the rules for it. I wonder if anyone has any ideas about how to convert this so it doesn't cause confusion? Maybe put a large buzzsaw at the front? Like an overwhelmingly large one? :)