Twitter based painting challenge: #TheBoxOpens

Forestreverie

Hey guys and girls,

I suggested this Idea to my Local Gaming Group as we all have new Malifaux starter sets that we'd like to get started on but just haven't had a chance to kick off yet. Not sure if something like this has been done before, but here goes;

Basically the idea is, we paint our chosen Malifaux Start Set each to a time limit (1st to 31st of January) and document our progress together. We would also like to introduce a competitive element to encourage us to push ourselves a little harder to get a really cool looking finished boxed set.

So the idea to get the motivation and competitive edge on the project is that we all throw in a small amount of money (2GBP or so), and the winner will be able to choose a Wyrd product in the price range (dependant on amount of entries) which I will buy and send to them.

The best part though, is that we all end up with a nicely painted m2e crew to play with this year! :D

Hopefully the use of the friendly twitter community will mean that word spreads and lots of people get involved, or at least see us all producing some lovely Malifaux crews and think about picking up their own :)

How do you get involved?

You can send me a tweet @aaronbailey17, or message me on these forums, or else contact me through email at aaronbailey17@hotmail.com to let me know which crew you will be using and how to donate your £2.

How do you post your progress?

That's easy, just tweet any pictures of your crew as you go, whenever you feel like it, and include #theboxopens in your tweet. I will retweet any posts using the hashtag and hopefully others will retweet too.

To to conclude the competition, I will contact everyone involved on 31st Jan asking for a picture of their finished crew, when all have been received I will tweet / retweet them all and message everybody again asking for their votes. The winner will be announced on twitter and I will get their details and let them know how much they have to spend and get it sent to them. Simple! :)

Hopefully everybody gets involved and gets into the right spirit. I'd like to see all new crews please, painted inside the time limit and nobody claiming others' work. I've no doubt everyone will stick to this and we'll see some nicely painted crews!

I can't wait to get started on my Nicodem crew, and I Looking forward to hearing from you all,

Aaron

(Forestreverie)

Just a quick round up of all the info;

Hashtag: #theboxopens

my twitter: @aaronbailey17

my email: aaronbailey17@hotmail.com

start date: 1st Jan

end date: 31st Jan

Sounds interesting - so we need a new boxed set that we haven't started any painting at all yet, right?

Mike

You got it. Assembled and sprayed is fine :)

Plastic m2e box is preferred, but any Wyrd Malifaux starter set is fine :)

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Another point I'll add is you're free to paint beyond the boxes set if you're quick enough, don't want to hold anybody back! I'm just keen to see the progression and different styles and ideas people come up with :)

Yeah, I'm up for this. Built a plastic Marcus crew today, but may use one of the other boxes I still have in the queue. Be a good reason to paint a crew I'll probably not use seriously.

I don't do Twitter, but can post here or use email.

Donation via paypal?

Edited by Clousseau

Yeah, I'm up for this. Built a plastic Marcus crew today, but may use one of the other boxes I still have in the queue. Be a good reason to paint a crew I'll probably not use seriously.

I don't do Twitter, but can post here or use email.

Donation via paypal?

Yes please, send both to aaronbailey17@hotmail.com, this applies to everybody, for those not using twitter send me your name and pictures and I will tweet them for you. :)

Got a couple of local guys doing this already :)

Cheers, Aaron

I'd be interested in joining in.

I bought in to Malifaux with it's initial release with a Guild Lady J boxed set but the game never grabbed me. So with the onset of M2E I've decided to give it a go and have received some new figures as Christmas presents : )

So I've just built and under coated a Dark Debts crew ready for painting to begging and I'm quite looking forward to painting them and this should help me keep going.

So can I join in please? My plan was to have them painted for Smogcon in feb so I can play some casual games in the Smogpit. If I get the base crew done this month then maybe I'll get a few additional things done for Smogcon. I also had a Rail Crew, Izamu, Mr Graves and have picked up some Depleted and a Relic Hunters box in a local games shops sale

I'd be interested in joining in.

I bought in to Malifaux with it's initial release with a Guild Lady J boxed set but the game never grabbed me. So with the onset of M2E I've decided to give it a go and have received some new figures as Christmas presents : )

So I've just built and under coated a Dark Debts crew ready for painting to begging and I'm quite looking forward to painting them and this should help me keep going.

So can I join in please? My plan was to have them painted for Smogcon in feb so I can play some casual games in the Smogpit. If I get the base crew done this month then maybe I'll get a few additional things done for Smogcon. I also had a Rail Crew, Izamu, Mr Graves and have picked up some Depleted and a Relic Hunters box in a local games shops sale

Of course you can mate. Do you have twitter?

Here's a few snaps of some progress;

First up, Nathan Chenery's very interesting take on 'Void' wretch for his Tara crew

7A1683FF-0F45-48EF-B730-B226B3904CFB.jpg

Next up I finished a couple of models (bar basing) for my Open Graves crew :)

Nicodem;

C131EB0D-B3F2-4CC6-A263-938CF3826D0F.jpg

0F34E688-D043-4140-B9B8-E11A218C978B.jpg

Mindless Zombie;

EBF3EDB6-D147-4265-BCC7-26A92660AEAF.jpg

Canine Remains (I know it's not in Nicodems Crew)

5B2C12A7-F0AA-46E5-A886-EAB1F35F9065.jpg

And Vulture;

F6039106-A4C5-4FE2-8567-AC229FA5F387.jpg

And finally some of Joel Henry's Witch Hunters :)

C2501C8B-DF36-4ABD-A219-89D1E2C08D91.jpg

B2BB84FB-021E-4046-BF7D-49731D8E5CE4.jpg

There you go, a little treat for those if you not following on twitter :)