Has Wyrd made any announcement on which Gremlim master is getting plastic first?

Grim

Personally, I hope it's Brewmaster, if only because we don't have a physrep model of him or any model in his thematic crew yet. That, I feel, takes precedence over another Ophelia or Som'er box.

~Lil Kalki

You'd think, but then look at what is coming out. Rasputina. Seamus. Victorias. Lilith. Lady Justice. All models and crews that we already have. I would agree though, before anything else currently available gets remade the new stuff should get made first.

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Has Wyrd made any announcement on which Gremlim master is getting plastic box set first for M2E?

After all of the horror stories about plastics in your other thread are you sure you should be asking for more? You must be a glutton for punishment!

You'd think, but then look at what is coming out. Rasputina. Seamus. Victorias. Lilith. Lady Justice. All models and crews that we already have. I would agree though, before anything else currently available gets remade the new stuff should get made first.

The first wave of Wave 1 boxes were and are meant as introduction for the people who are just getting into the game. Hence why a few things weren't done (McMourning being dual-faction, Zoraida being dual-faction, Tara originally being slated for later IIRC, etc.) Beyond that, I'd surmise those 5 have a lower learning curve than the other multitude of potential boxes, including Gremlins. Thus, if anything, Gremlins are in fact up in the air, but I think it's only right that Brewmaster be before Ophelia or Som'er, even if he is of a slightly higher learning curve than the other 2.

I think that Nightmare Tara probably (and I don't have figures or statements here, but) sold higher quantities than any other Nightmare box Wyrd has produced. If I remember correctly, the Dreamer's box came out after Nightmare Chompy, and look at how well he sold and is continuing to sell. My point in bringing them up is that people did already have the Steamborg when Miss Step came out, or the Nurses when Miss Pack came out, or, barring those examples as they fall under different distribution rules, people already had Teddy when he came out, and they had Lady J when Dead Justice came out (note that her box is selling higher due to Nightmare Death Marshals for - who else - Tara). People did not have Tara when she came out, so she became and continues to be in demand. LCB is a $200-400 model on auction sites because there was (and is) a high demand for him. People like the new stuff.

tl;dr: Brewmaster *Should* take full priority over the other Gremlins on the queue of box releases because people like (and maybe even need) new things.

~Lil Kalki

EDIT: Also, the reason we don't have Tara in lieu of Viks or Seamus is twofold. one because of learning curve, and 2 because Leve was meant for Wave 1 if I'm not mistaken.

I think that Nightmare Tara probably (and I don't have figures or statements here, but) sold higher quantities than any other Nightmare box Wyrd has produced. If I remember correctly, the Dreamer's box came out after Nightmare Chompy, and look at how well he sold and is continuing to sell. My point in bringing them up is that people did already have the Steamborg when Miss Step came out, or the Nurses when Miss Pack came out, or, barring those examples as they fall under different distribution rules, people already had Teddy when he came out, and they had Lady J when Dead Justice came out (note that her box is selling higher due to Nightmare Death Marshals for - who else - Tara). People did not have Tara when she came out, so she became and continues to be in demand. LCB is a $200-400 model on auction sites because there was (and is) a high demand for him. People like the new stuff.

I think in this case it may be more accurate to say people like the collectible stuff!

Mack Mentioned in an interview* during the last open beta that they're aiming to get the Brewmaster box out as soon as possible after Gencon. How soon that actually is and whether that's still accurate is another matter, of course. Circumstances and priorities do sometimes change, after all.

Remembering back to the Beta, I think we had art for most/all of Ophelia's crew before we had art for the other three, so without any other info, that MAY mean that an Ophelia box is closer to completion than the others.

That's the only info I know of regarding Gremlin releases.

*Can't remember which. Sorry! :(

I know it may be a dream at this point, but this is what I would love to see. Brewmaster, Apprentice Wesley, and Kung Fu Gremlins as single piece castings in metal- no assembly and they will look great. The Whiskey Golem as a plastic kit because it would work much better in plastic- as long as it doesn't get made so assembling it inspires rage in people. I'd see this as a "best of both worlds" approach.

I'm fairly certain Wyrd have said that they're moving fully over to plastic as time goes on, so new stuff will be plastic and old metal stuff will be discontinued and replaced as time, art/sculpt completion and resources permit.

Hoping for anything new in metal is pretty much a lost cause given the last year or so's releases, I'd say. (Which I'm glad about as I don't like metal, but this isn't the place for that debate). The Brewmaster and crew will be plastic in all likelihood, and my guess is that Wesley, Fingers and some moon shinobi would fill it out aside from him.

I'm looking forward to seeing the kit more than the others, I must say. But I have no idea which will be first.

After all of the horror stories about plastics in your other thread are you sure you should be asking for more? You must be a glutton for punishment!

LOL that's the hashtag I use when posting the plastic Malifaux minis on Facebook. #gluttonforpunishment

Wong came in 6 pieces and Gracie didn't look that bad on the sprue. Burt JEbsen on the other hand looked like the initial box sets with crazy tiny wtf parts. So I am guardedly optimistic. I want to play the Brewmaster without having to proxy stuff (my Rackham Asian Goblins are still worth a lot of money NIB LOL)

See, that is what I am afraid of. Looking back at the track record so far, I can totally see the plastic models looking pretty in the picture on the outside of the box but a huge pain to deal with once you open the box. Plastics can make for good infantry sized figures but Wyrd seems like they are still finding their footing when it comes to designing the models.

Metal, however, has been repeatedly proven to be a great medium for Gremlins. So far I have 18 metal Gremlins in my collection, only 6 required any assembly with 2 of those 5 being an extremely simple matter of gluing a gun on (Francois and Raphael). I suspect we won't get that lucky with plastics.

And I have to say, I have loved every plastic kit I've assembled with the exception of the Archers. I hate metal, it's a pain in the ass to clean and hold together and has a strong tendency to chip and break apart if jarred the wrong way.

Oh, and I did assemble Yan Lo with the beard, so yes, I'm aware of that one. Having been a Sisters of Battle player with multiple Exorcists and Penitent Engines, I never want to assemble a metal model again.

And I have to say, I have loved every plastic kit I've assembled with the exception of the Archers. I hate metal, it's a pain in the ass to clean and hold together and has a strong tendency to chip and break apart if jarred the wrong way.

Oh, and I did assemble Yan Lo with the beard, so yes, I'm aware of that one. Having been a Sisters of Battle player with multiple Exorcists and Penitent Engines, I never want to assemble a metal model again.

I am with you on the Battle Sisters. If there is one thing that we learned from GW in the 90's it is that very large models are a pain in metal. Thus, my suggestion for the golem in plastic. Thing is though, in metal it is relatively simple to make an infantry model as a one piece casting. One piece=no assembly and won't break apart, with a good sealing coat and care with packing they are very chip resistant too.

Ok, as I said earlier this isn't the place for a metal v plastic debate. If you want one, make a thread for it, I'll happily explain why I can't stand metals in it.

But not in here. Leave this for the gremlin folk to debate what they'll get next and what they want next, alright?

• 2 weeks later...