The Isle of Faux - Saturday 11th January 2014

Oathius

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think a big thanks needs to go to yourself Mike and the Malifools for all the publicity you've given us on the show :D

The day definitely could have been smoother but for an utter noob at being at TO I think it was just about pulled off lol. Stress levels got a tad high towards the end but I really enjoyed myself (even though I weren't playing).

I shall pass on all the lovely comments about the venue you to my boss tomorrow and hopefully see if I can butter him up for another tournament later on the year

Anyway I've got work early in the morning so I should get my head down lol. Thank you so much to all who came, as always the Malifaux community showed just why I love it and enjoy it so much, a crackin' bunch!

Had a great day. Austin and Ben organised well, especially for a first and large event. The prize pool was excellent.

Thanks to my opponents Rufus, Garry and Lee, none of whom I'd played before. 3 stressful but enjoyable games, and ecstatic to win Best Sportsman based on that. Must play faster as a further turn in each game could have changed the score, if not the result.

Venue was very good, as was lunch. Be nice in summer with the balcony usable.

See you all at the next one, and at Lost Love 2 on February 9th.

Right guys just been working on the placings for the event and I think I'm finally sorted...

Let me know if there's anything that jumps out as wrong as I'm going to wait until tomorrow to upload to RankingsHQ.

IoFRankigns.jpg

Faction Breakdown:

Neverborn x 10

Guild x 5

Ressurectionists x 4

Ten Thunders x 3

Gremlins x 3

Arcanists x 3

Oucasts x 1

Pictures:

http://s822.photobucket.com/user/oathius/library/Isle of Faux 2014?sort=3&page=1

Interesting for me is

3/10 NB in top 7= 30% of total crews taken.

2/5 Resses in top 7 = 40% of crews taken.

1/5 guild in top 7= 20% of crews taken.

1/3 TT in top 7= 33% of crews taken.

So within their own factions, around about the same percentage from those four factions made the top 7. So, in fact, in terms of fractions TT and Resses arguably out performed neverborn. That said, x2 podiums were NB. And over a third of the entrants used NB. Of that I saw at least 4, myself included using Lynch.

Interesting breakdown!

Excellent event guys - much fun and pleasant company/surroundings!

Special thanks to Dave McAllister, Ben Crowe and My clubmate Graham for 3 good games - and thank you to everyone who had nice things to say about my Goldilocks Crew.

I hope you run another event soon :)

Thanks for a great tournament lads and a good curry afterwards ( the ambience was great in there lol)

@mcdougal just wondering why you used top 7 is that usual for tournaments ( this was my 1st one) as if you use top 3 neverborn come out top, also places 8+9 were neverborn making that stat 40% +50% while keeping all other factions the same.