Lady J from Mr. Johns.

thebarbalag

Wow, I actually haven't been a huge fan of LJ for the most part but those minis have sold me. Might be snagging that in my GenCon order if it's coming out then.

It's really interesting to see the dichotomy of reactions to the new style of the art and miniatures. I've seen your reaction and I've seen your opposite, where they were completely turned off by Lady Ninja J. ;) I, for one, am required by Guild Law to purchase this. It's in the rules, Lucius said so.

The hint from eric was that the flaming heads are an option that comes on the sprue.

That's the kind of optional assembly I've been hoping to get with the plastics. Getting two different arms isn't that much in the way of customization when I first heard that as a reasoning behind the switch. But a flaming skull head vs regular, that actually gives me a choice.

The plastics look very nice. Like the scales and judge especially, but dont like LJs hair and her ninja pose. Isnt she supposed to be ... Well a bit of a juggernaught? She's even got an ability called that. The ninja pose her seems wrong for her.

Really looking forward to seeing more miniatures :D

The judge looks great, not so keen on the original Judge sculpt. The original Death marshalls are awesome and both justice sculpts are fantastic, not so keen on Justice on this one. Will the judge be sold separately? :D

Almost certainly not. We live in hope that spammable troops like Witchlings and Bayou Gremlins will get their own boxes, but no official word on that. Unique individuals, Candy, Samael, the Judge, etc. that come in starters will likely be limited to those boxes.

Not to my eye, but he is definetly the best looking figure of the bunch. I also like the new scales of justice.

Is it just me btw, or are these new figures taking a more serious image? As where the older ones look more to be of a comic book and have a sense of humour in them?

Is it just me btw, or are these new figures taking a more serious image? As where the older ones look more to be of a comic book and have a sense of humour in them?

I would say the opposite... these guys look like "the incredibles" or something, everybody is in some "action" pose...too super-heroy for me, tbh.