Losing players fast!

UnDeadkiss

In regards to the OP, players in my area are cautiously optimistic. I will continue to play if the models appeal to me and the game play challenges me to make difficult choices.

Now on to cards, my first CCG was Sabertooth's WH40K card game. That was fun and had great art. Unfortunately, it was the first card game of that company and it suffered from some unbalanced cards and poor marketing decisions. I got into the sequels to the game (Horus Hersey and 40K mark 2) but they weren't as much fun for me.

I also played a lot of their War Cry game based on warhammer fantasy battle. It was another fun game and had even better art. It never quite caught on and then ran out of good ideas for game play.

I enjoyed Sabertooth's games. I liked the people I met who worked there. They were also generous for prize support for local and GenCon tournies.

I played a bit of FFG's Game of Thrones when it was a CCG. I got out of that just before it went LCG. Good timing on my part to get back a decent amount of what I put in.

I also played and still play FFG's Call of Cthulhu. I like the thematic content. It also had a unique resource mechanic when it was first introduced. There are a few people around me who play so I keep up with the expansions.

I play a bit of FFG's Warhammer LCG. I stopped collecting it because people in my area don't play it much.

It seems I go for the card games with good mechanics and great art.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game has died a permanent death in St. Louis, I think. The crews that I knew were interested took a look at the beta rules and said, "No thanks." Our lone Henchman is no longer even discussing trying to build the community.

Especially finding out who's in charge of this (and more importantly, who's NOT involved), well, all I can say is good luck. I feel bad for pushing locals to buy in.

I have every single first edition Jyhad card (and some misprints), as well as every Limited Edition Rage card (including all the foils). They have been sat on the shelf, unloved and alone for more than a decade.

Both great games though, in their day.

Malifaux is a great game now. Hopefully it will become an even better game in the future. As has already been pointed out, the players have the ability to give feedback and help direct the future. Don't waste the opportunity, because the chances are that the game will reflect a good deal of the input from the community. How often will you get the chance to help influence the direction in which one of your favourite games develops?

I have every single first edition Jyhad card (and some misprints), as well as every Limited Edition Rage card (including all the foils). They have been sat on the shelf, unloved and alone for more than a decade.

Why oh why do you have to be way over there across the pond?

So I started checking around for Jyhad and Rage card sets to see if I could find some cheap, and turns out they are still selling for good amounts of cash. Defining "Good amounts" as amounts I'm not willing to pay.

I figured, its been this long, I thought I'd find some for a steal. :) Also went digging around my house to find where the hell mine went, I cant find them, and I have no idea what the hell I did with them :P

Well Jyhad (or V:TES as it was renamed) only really ceased production of new material (and support of the game) a year or two ago. There was a group even trying to keep it going but it looks as if "infighting" ruined the effort.

Rage on the other hand can often be found fairly cheaply (part of the problem with the game was that thoughtless reproduction which affected rarities) via ebay.

V:TES was the deeper game but damn Rage was fun.

How wild I have my Rage sets under my bed right now like 2000-2500 cards probably. Me and some friends, back in the day house ruled the hell out of the game to make it a game we all loved and will never forget. I made 4 identical combat decks for each player to use and we had strict balance rules for deck construction....good times. Times change people move away/on oh well...just like the dying of M1E and M1.5E for the god awful M2E I guess.

Nighthater

How wild I have my Rage sets under my bed right now like 2000-2500 cards probably. Me and some friends, back in the day house ruled the hell out of the game to make it a game we all loved and will never forget. I made 4 identical combat decks for each player to use and we had strict balance rules for deck construction....good times. Times change people move away/on oh well...just like the dying of M1E and M1.5E for the god awful M2E I guess.

Nighthater

You should cry more.

You're pretty when you cry.

Ausplosions: Thank god...I'm actually glad you posted after me...again. I first thought your sarcastic and rude posts were trolling, but now I realize I misidentified them and overlooked your desperate pleas for attention. I have worked with many troubled and neglected teens and I accept full responsibility for my misdiagnosis. Such sarcastic and rude behavior comes from a much darker place in the soul, a void harboring parental neglect and lack of love in life....and I now want to help you.

I ask for the people on the forms that would just ignore Ausplosions as usual to pay extra attention to him as a favor for me, because this could be the only social outlet he really has.

Ausplosions: Please continue to follow me around and post many comments however you choose so that we can monitor your progress and make sure your "not at risk." I would ask that you let it all out and perhaps we can begin to repair some of the damage. I make no guaranties and this will not happen overnight, but I have FAITH IN YOU.

Nighthater

Edited by NIGHTHATER