Another I2I question

Jonasty

Question

Tried searching but didn't see anything on this, at least not anything recently. Apologies if I just missed it.

How does Immune to Influence interact with models that target the WP stat as part of an attack? For instance, Candy's Wail ranged attack is CB->WP. Does that mean that she can't use that attack on any models with I2I? Or is it not technically a Willpower duel, it's just targeting the stat and so would be legal?

Building off of that, let's say she is allowed to hit the I2I model with Wail. Does this then not count as a failed WP duel (for something like Pandora's Emotional Trauma) since it wasn't technically a Willpower duel but an attack action?

13 answers to this question

How does Immune to Influence interact with models that target the WP stat as part of an attack? For instance, Candy's Wail ranged attack is CB->WP. Does that mean that she can't use that attack on any models with I2I? Or is it not technically a Willpower duel, it's just targeting the stat and so would be legal?

Seems pretty simple to me - the target is using Wp to defend, therefore I2I applies and the attack doesn't work. Nothing about I2I specifies that it only works against spells or other abilities.

Yes, if you are defending (ie you are the target of an attack) with your wp stat, then your immune to Influence kicks in, and you automatically win.

And duel in which you use your WP stat counts as a willpower duel for you. If a beckoner used its Honeyed words to attack and missed, it has lost a willpower duel.

Any duel in which you use your WP stat counts as a willpower duel for you. If a beckoner used its Honeyed words to attack and missed, it has lost a willpower duel.

Just to make this very clear, only opposed duels. Not any duel. Simple duels, like terrifying checks and morale duels, don't have a defender, and I2I doesn't stop them.

Just to make this very clear, only opposed duels. Not any duel. Simple duels, like terrifying checks and morale duels, don't have a defender, and I2I doesn't stop them.

Just to clarify

Any duel which you use your WP stat is a willpower duel.

Immune to Influence only applies when you are the Defender.

Static checks, such as terrifying, do not have a defender, So immune to influence does not help.

As a rough guide

Immune to influence will only help when you are in an opposed duel against another model when the other model is performing an action in which it has had to flip a card to generate a total that you need to flip a card and add you WP stat to beat the opponents total (as you will still lose if it is a draw).

( I can't think of an occurance what that is wrong but there might be the occasional one where that is not completely correct.)

Sorry for the newbie question, but it's only considered a WP duel for that unit if the are using the WP stat right? Because Honeyed Words uses the WP stat to attack but defender still uses DF stat.

Yes

The Beckoners are in a willpower duel. The Target of their honeyed words is not in a willpower duel. They are in a defense duel and a Df duel.

You are only in a willpower duel if you are using your WP stat. You might use it in a Strike Duel, a Defense Duel, a Resist Duel or some other form of duel, but it will count as a willpower duel.

A good exampel of this is Pandora. When she casts a spell she uses her Ca. It is a casting duel for her. The target uses its Wp. It is both a resist duel and a willpower duel for the target. If the target fails to resist it has lost a willpower duel, but Pandora has not won a willpower duel.