how could something so simple get so complicated?

Grim

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Does she come with instructions? Someone mentioned that the Guild Pathfinder and Traps do. And I know Lazarus does.

yes it does. Although intutive, adding labels to the parts on the sprue and instruction would add more value to the instructions. (still not sure if I'll get the left and right legs in the right slots LOL). I am just surprised that it comes in so many parts. For example, the pony tail is separate, but there's not a lot of real estate to believe that it will stay on after gluing.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

What kind of glue would you use for these? Will the GW plastic glue be good or clear super glue?

Because of the limits of casting and moulds. It's annoying at times I know, but if you want the models to be posed nicely they have to come in more pieces. I now work in a shallow tray/box when I'm cleaning and assembling stuff that's got small pieces, after I lost yan lo's beard. I prefer the little bit of fiddling to having models that don't have interesting poses and avoid having big wedges of dead plastic under areas.

Yeah, I suspect I have a skewed preference to a lot of people, coming from the display and painting side rather than gaming. I'm used to spending forever preparing, assembling and fiddling with stuff before I get near a brush!

You probably don't have to work in a tray, I'm just klutz fingered when it comes to these things and have a disgusting patterned carpet in my rental place *grin*

Don't think of them as separate. Think of them as optional. :1_Happy_Puppet1:

It's so much easier to customize them now. Besides, if Vanessa had been released back when the original Vickies were released, we'd be complaining about how tiny her wrists are and how we had to anchor the scythe in two places just to get it to stay on, after several failed attempts.

Each type of material has its pros and cons, and it's up to us to adapt. Use a small tray when cutting models off their sprues to keep from losing pieces. Use tweezers to hold the fiddly little bits that our clumsy fingers have problems with. Less is more with the plastic glue, and it takes longer to fully set. Most importantly, have patience. Apparently the carpet industry has conspired against us, wanting us to lose pieces.

So a right hand is optional? :) It's not like there is room to pin the pony tail either. *facepalm* Since it seems like things are done on a computer (renders), and the obvioius absence of the physical mini on the box or marketing paraphernalia, I wonder if Wyrd has tried putting together one of the new plastics...

I've had an easier time putting together the Viks. The ronin no problem whatsoever. The convict gunslinger is an awesome sculpt and is still a single piece!

I bought a Yan Lo and Izamu box, I think I am going to return both after this. :(

I will say, aside from losing his beard due to a badly timed sneeze, yan lo was good fun to assemble. By which I mean I enjoyed it, not fun as in 'getting it done was a nightmare'. *grin*

Izamu has a bunch of small arrows to glue in (got him on my table as I type), but cleaning them up while they're still on the sprue will make things easier I think.

I've also had good luck with the Wyrd plastics and plastic glue. And until you put together one of the Freikorps Strongarms, you can't talk about fiddly....

The hoses are a pain, but I'll raise you a Bert Jebsen. So many pieces for a ht 1 model.

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

Any tips on attaching he ponytail and making sure it stays on during gameplay?

I'll let ya know next week when I assemble mine. My guess would be that after the plastic cement properly melts it into place, it'll be fine, even if it only has one point of contact. Misaki and Mei Feng both have wild braids, and they've stayed on just fine for me.

I'll let ya know next week when I assemble mine. My guess would be that after the plastic cement properly melts it into place, it'll be fine, even if it only has one point of contact. Misaki and Mei Feng both have wild braids, and they've stayed on just fine for me.

so you use plastic cement, like the GW plastic glue? NOOO I cannot wait a week!!!! LOL