Location of some general rules

Letifer

Question

How many models in the game have Lifer?

1. Convict Gunslinger
  2. Taelor
  3. Mei Feng

I am away from two of my books so can't reference Twisting Fate or Storm of Shadows at the moment (but can only think maybe Sue also).

If it is that few models then I wouldn't consider it "common" at all (though could agree that it should be written out on the card, if it isn't in Mei Feng's Storm of Shadows entry).

Which is the point. If its not "common" it needs to be detailed on the card. If it is meant to be "common" then it should be listed in a "common" apendix. The problem is in the above example Lifer is only explained on Taelor and the Convict's card. If you have Mei but not those cards or have never played against such then you have absolutely no idea where to find the rules for it.

What I would say to the folks at Wyrd. If you aren't going to put an explanation of an ability on the card itself such as the case Lifer on Mei, then there needs to be an explaination, a see card xxx or as a better solution, be on a list of "common" abilities.

I would also like to comment that having it in the relevent model entry isn't a terribly good solution either-Given the mix I have of models, I'd have to bring every book, every time I play, and look up the individual models often.

At 5+books, this is a pain. I should be able to play with just my cards and the rules manual. If it isn't in the rules manual(and easily findable) then it should be printed on the card. period. Games take too long to be flipping though multiple books to find an ability. and as more books get added, that only gets more onerous.

also, as an aside: I don't agree we need to get rid of the big picture, but I don't care about the smaller one. If that could free up space, then go for it.

But the smaller picture doesn't take up much space at all.

If we drop the big one, move the stat page over to that space, list the abilities next, with them spelled out, that give the whole back for triggers and spells.

Maybe cut the big picture in half, and put the stats underneath?

~he says, as if what he thinks about formating is going to have any effect on Wyrd....

Edited for self awareness

I don't agree we need to get rid of the big picture, but I don't care about the smaller one. If that could free up space, then go for it.

I think the big picture is worthless to be honest. I like the smaller picture on most of my cards anyway...funny. Even before this was an issue when I got my first box of Wyrd stuff I thought "Why are there two pictures? That's a waste." Maybe just the mini-designer in me, who knows.

Except that when you buy a model in a blister, there's a folded bit of paper with UPC, corporate information, and a full size painting picture of the mini.

You can't see the card until you open the blister and take the card out of that bit of paper.

So?

Exactly.

Except that when you buy a model in a blister, there's a folded bit of paper with UPC, corporate information, and a full size painting picture of the mini.

You can't see the card until you open the blister and take the card out of that bit of paper.

Yeah, that extra piece of paper with the full sized picture and the barcode, which, aside from being obsolete on the new plastic models, is just that, extra. It has no bearing on which card(s) are underneath or whether they happen to have full sized pictures or just the smaller one on the stat page.

I think that, if an ability appears on a stat card without a description, the stat card should list the page in the rules manual on which a description of the ability appears, along with pages in the other books.

If, by chance, there is no such page, tough tamales, put a description on the card.

I think that, if an ability appears on a stat card without a description, the stat card should list the page in the rules manual on which a description of the ability appears, along with pages in the other books.

If, by chance, there is no such page, tough tamales, put a description on the card.

Why bother referencing book and page number, when they could just put the description on there? It'd still mean we'd have to take all four books (and counting) plus the Rules Manual with us just to have the appropriate reference, when it could just be plainly stated on the card.

<= This guy would pay for a gaming accessory pack which included a hardboard reference sheet of abilities and game-specific tokens in plastic or hardboard. I know that the WWG Streets/Buildings/Sewers have the tokens but there are other tokens and templates that would still be useful.

<= This guy would pay for a gaming accessory pack which included a hardboard reference sheet of abilities and game-specific tokens in plastic or hardboard. I know that the WWG Streets/Buildings/Sewers have the tokens but there are other tokens and templates that would still be useful.

The sets come with tokens, but they're actually smaller than what the rules use. They're designed be placed into 30mm bases, not 30mm themselves...... I also realize now that I could have been using them as templates for my insert molds.

The sets come with tokens, but they're actually smaller than what the rules use. They're designed be placed into 30mm bases, not 30mm themselves...... I also realize now that I could have been using them as templates for my insert molds.

But they do look nice when used as inserts on a base. They're noticeable enough to keep track of them, but they don't stand out so much that they're distracting in batrep photos.

---------- Post added at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

But, yes, I would like say, Ratty's set of tokens, but on the Terraclips cardboard.

But they do look nice when used as inserts on a base. They're noticeable enough to keep track of them, but they don't stand out so much that they're distracting in batrep photos.

It is more the realization that I need to pick up a bunch of bases to put them on.

It is more the realization that I need to pick up a bunch of bases to put them on.

*nods* Standard bases run fairly cheap, especially online. I'd bought a few extra packs of regular bases (2 packs or so each of 30s, 40s, and 50s) when I started playing. Getting deep dish bases for some of my models also freed up plenty of extra bases to use as markers.

For the most part, instead of using 30s for corpses, scrap, etc., we just use glass beads. If your model gets reasonably close, it grabbed them.

I have bought 100x 30 mm bases, another 30x 30 mm blue bases, 10x 40 mm blue bases, and 9 x 50 mm blue bases to be used as tokens. It would just be cooler to have a set of dedicated markers for blasts and auras (rings, maybe) in addition to an up-to-date reference sheet.

I have bought 100x 30 mm bases, another 30x 30 mm blue bases, 10x 40 mm blue bases, and 9 x 50 mm blue bases to be used as tokens. It would just be cooler to have a set of dedicated markers for blasts and auras (rings, maybe) in addition to an up-to-date reference sheet.

It would be, but so far, the other game companies have been picking up that bit of slack, making tokens, markers, templates, etc.

I'd certainly like something transparent / translucent to use for the varying aura / pulse sizes, as well. So far, I've been using those little tripod tables from pizza boxes (only some companies still use them) placed around the initial model, with cardboard auras set upon them. It's not the best fix, but it does get the job done for now.

It would be, but so far, the other game companies have been picking up that bit of slack, making tokens, markers, templates, etc.

I'd certainly like something transparent / translucent to use for the varying aura / pulse sizes, as well. So far, I've been using those little tripod tables from pizza boxes (only some companies still use them) placed around the initial model, with cardboard auras set upon them. It's not the best fix, but it does get the job done for now.

Very cool idea.

Other cards. Honestly, that's where I've seen them. Every general rule needs to be easily referenced in the rulebook and they aren't. I wanted to check Lifer at least once and everywhere just says Lifer. I had to go find another model with it to check what EXACTLY it worked on.

Looks like we're all a-holes regarding Lifer...

From the Rules Manual, page 19: