Another new member.

AJB2K3

Welcome to the hobby! Yes, that's a great start for Misaki I'd say. A player at my LGS has basically that exact same setup that he plays with right now.

Just fyi you probably won't need a full 3 archers or a full 3 torakage, so they can be used to trade for other pieces you might want (ronin, Taelor, desperate mercs, or whatever else floats your boat).

Thanks I've been stalking the forums for a week before buying anything.

Ryu - I won't be running all 3 torakage as I don't like the male model.

Don't like the look of the brothers Is there an alt model I can use?

Are the Oiran any use?

Edited by AJB2K3

Oiran are studly! I'm a big fan, tranquil dance can work wonders and their Defensive Expert gives their own defensive stance another +, for a total of +++ which is awesome. However, don't expect them to lay down the hurt too much. Lure, buff, debuff, defensive stance is about all I count on them for - which is still a lot!

And at 4ss they're a steal.

To Zwergenkrieger:

The can Companion a single 10T model, they hit pretty hard, they have an amazing push ability which gets them around difficult terrain and still allows them to attack, and their mask trigger allows you to place the hit opponent anywhere base to base with you.

i.e. Activate > Companion Misaki (or other heavy hitter) > Push its CG through or over terrain to just at 2 inches away > Attack it and cheat a mask so you get the Trip Trigger off > the model is hit with decent damage AND is placed behind the 10T bro now, base to base with it > Your companioned heavy hitter moves in for the kill.

Oh, it also has a bad-rear defensive stance, can cause terrifying, and some other cool things. For 5 SS. :)

It's not just a single 10t model.

If positioned right a brother can companion any and as many 10t models that are within 6"

Yep. Massive alpha strike.....not that I'd companion my entire crew (since basically you're giving the same bonus to your opponent) but the option is there. I normally do it with about 3 models.

Yeah, the 10T Brother alpha strike is amazing when used at the right time, but it can be a bit of a trap, since you might feel like it's always a good idea. Just need to evaluate how hard you're gonna get hit back after the activation chain is done.

Other models to consider that have seen a lot of play with Misaki in my local meta, with positive results: Ronin, Desperate Mercenaries, Taelor, Convict Gunslinger. Gonna especially recommend Taelor here, I cannot sing her praises enough. She's slow, but if you can use the Torakage to move her upfield quicker she almost never fails to earn her cost.