Podcast Wars

Guild Monkee

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can prod the portlanders and our newest hire to see if they might be in on our side. I know for me this time of year with 4 podcasts to do and 3 of them are gearing for adepticon isn't condusive to having hours to spend playing games i fear.

I might not have the best win track, but I think I can take the Resurrectionist to the top, boss!

I am correct in thinking this will be a league between podcast hosts rather than a league between podcasts? So the finishing table will look like this:

1. Craig from Bayou Broadcast

rather than:

1. Bayou Broadcast

I was thinking of both so there'll be podcast bragging rights and also individual bragging rights within the casts too. We don't want Dom getting dragged down by Craig, it wouldn't be fair.

I just got volunteered to represenate Through The Breach as one of there players. What type of time commitment are we looking for (family guy here), I vote for rounds lasting 2 weeks to be able to schedule time, like PTO if need be to play against someone outside of your country. I suck at computers so should be interesting.

I just got volunteered to represenate Through The Breach as one of there players. What type of time commitment are we looking for (family guy here), I vote for rounds lasting 2 weeks to be able to schedule time, like PTO if need be to play against someone outside of your country. I suck at computers so should be interesting.

This is something that I'll be working out shortly. I'm aware that this will cover different time zones and people have other time commitments so that will be taken into account. For the most part I'll probably leave it up to people to set their own time limits before each game. I want this to be a bit of fun and therefore don't want to add time limits, etc that might not suit everyone. It might be that there ends up being time limits but people have the option to ignore/amend them if both players agree on it before the game.

I'll come up with some ideas of what I think might work and will post them up here for people to comment on, I can then adjust things if necessary. As this is probably going to be one of the first Vassal based competitions, we probably won't get everything spot on straight away but I'll try and get as close as possible.

I've been on travel all week and just got back on the boards today. I think this is a brilliant idea and am down for it.

The bigger problem I have is my two co-hosts are afraid of the internet, Vassal, and the forums. I think they may actually be peeing themselves with trepidation on being involved in something like this. I will certainly bring it up this weekend when we record though!!!!

*grin*

So this has been awfully quiet over the past week. Let me kick this off by tossing out a challenge.

I am available Friday (1/25) night (US EST) anytime after 8pm and Saturday 1/26 anytime after 10am US EST. Who will take up the challenge for:

• 30ss
  • Streets of Blood map
  • Shared Beatdown for the Strategy

Shared Beatdown (Governor’s Decree Variant)

Only one of us walks away from this...

Victory

At the end of each Turn after the first, if a player has no models in the game, his or her

opponent scores 1 VP. Otherwise the Crew that killed or sacrificed the most enemy

models scores 1 VP. A player may score up to a maximum of 4 VP for this Strategy.