Honest Feedback please :)

strigoi

They look great - very nice work. The bases are really great as well.

You should curve a sheet of white paper under and behind the minature when you take photos - a plain background always looks better than having them stood in front of paint pots. And it would also help the camera focus on the model rather than the paint pots as happened in some of the pics.

i also think you need better photos. especially if you want an honest critique. from what i can see they look nice but a better photo would help me pick out what you could work on... i feel like the bases make them seem a bit out of place. but they are nice bases.

i personally tend to stay away from very saturated primary colors.. in other words you could use more neutrals.. greys, browns. or neutral shades of these colors. or pastel shades?

cassandras hair seems a little flat.. maybe some more highlights? to give it that sheen? again hard to see with the photos.. but overall pretty solid...

hope this helps..

I really like the vibrant colours, I think the malifaux minis particularly lend themselves to a slightly more cartoonish look. A bit of shading would help with things like hair but its difficult not to lose the bright colours.

As others have said a plain background would be less distracting.

great job so far!

Ignoring the curved white paper thing (its a very handy trick, that) and looking at the paintwork, I'd say what you need is practice, you've got some nice brush control and the blends are going well. But that's always the same advice for everyone no matter what level they are, so that's not much help!

Cassandra doesn't seem to have the same depth of shading and highlight that the others do, so maybe she'd benefit from a little push in both directions, but they're a nice group. I guess my best suggestion would be to pick something you want to work on, like metals, or skin, or whatever, and do lots of that, try different techniques and ask about different tricks and methods. That, and practice. Always, always the answer...

Aw Thanks all im always so miffed with my painting and i totally agree i need to take better photos hehe. I shall post more up to date pics of my crew and cassandra was my first malifaux mini i painted out of the crew.

I really thank you guys for your encouragement, i kind am doing two crews atm ressers, which are my speedpainting crew and arcanists my better standard painting :)

Thank you all!

Aw Thanks all im always so miffed with my painting and i totally agree i need to take better photos hehe. I shall post more up to date pics of my crew and cassandra was my first malifaux mini i painted out of the crew.

I really thank you guys for your encouragement, i kind am doing two crews atm ressers, which are my speedpainting crew and arcanists my better standard painting :)

Thank you all!

Did some say better photos?

Really though the models are very nice (especially if these are intended for the tabletop). You have tackled some challenging colors and produced fine results. The only thing I might suggest is that (agreeing with Mako) Casandra could use a bit more depth (along with the black garments though this could just be the photography hiding the highlights).

I am not one to judge a person's photography skills *AAAAHEM*, but I can try to offer my insight on the models' paint jobs.

I really dig your little crew. I especially like how you painted the dolls as wooden dolls. Most people go for really light tones to depict them, but making them looked like they are carved out of some darker wood, really adds to the effect that this is a Victorian Age based game.

I have to agree with the posters before me: Your Cassandra could use some more shading. I'd just apply some thin washes and focus on the recesses. Just highlight with the original color again and you're good to go.