I need a handicap.

Jonas Albrecht

He well and truly has one in the form of being slow as $$$$$$$$.

Small cache, too.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

I really haven't.

Slow and steady wins the race

Ramos might lack speed, but that somthing his spiders don't, I wasn't playing with totem or the effigy, but his can bennifet greatly from them, also Kaeris

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just ganna put my opinion in but feel free to iignore me if it offends you or is wrong, as I have a low post count

My opinion is as follows:

Everyone probably thinks you're being a dick by asking who is the worst henchman. IIt's like asking who is the worst person in this room, even if there is an answer, you're gganna get at least one person angry.

If you were going to play "the worst person," that's fine. Dont make a scene of it and make a thread about "who is the hardest to play," or "who needs the most patch up and why" thread instead of saying "I need a handicap." it makes people who are playing that character that is suggested feel weak.

Sorry for my directness. I come from a high context culture so I don't think a thread name this direct is acceptable

Edited by degozaru

Not that he needs me to defend him, but I didn't get that feeling at all. (Not that he can't be in other ways :) ) Just kidding Jonas.

It's a common problem that people that have played a long time can feel less of a challenge with their chosen Master.

The title may offend you a bit, but it is only a way to discover what the general consensus is of what Masters are harder to be competitive with.

Any master with a poorly chosen crew (Collette with no showgirls), playing down SS, playing with one less card, or with terrain that hurts you and helps opponents are all ways to bring balance back into your gaming group. And when you want to not handicap yourself, come one up to the Chicago meta where Marcus can win with Molemen, Som'er Teeth is something I keep in the bag so I don't scare new players, and Ramos dominated the early part of the year.

I agree that Molly is one of the most challenging crew Leaders to play. She is certainly not an auto-lose button, though, or anything close.

I think that if you handicap another Master through limited model selection or changing your cache etc you will get a limited gameplay experience yourself. The point of this is that you can play Malifaux, not half-Malifaux. Choosing Molly at least lets you play a full game of Malifaux, going full bore with the best Molly crew you can make and a full cache. If you really want to tie one hand behind your back, randomly generate your Schemes, and allow your opponent to chose his/ her Schemes after you have generated your own.

Plus Molly is actually a lot of fun to play :) I have four games with her now, and looking forward to more.

Edited by Sholto

I can't really speak for the others in our group but to be completely honest anything less than your best isn't really worth my time to field my minis. I don't want you to "handicap" yourself because then it's not me winning of my own merit but because you took "pity" on me.

I kinda agree with Envy. Cody was being stupid to let you field Pir-puke against

the neverborn. Give us all that op and we shall see. lol... The problem in our group

is more of a lack of exp. in all i have played 16 games. And four of those were not compleated.

Just have patience and remember we play for fun. I know u dont like those big games.... do u know

why i do? Because we get to convo and have fun. Arangements made and then broken.

Thats fun. And yea some of the guilds crap is kinda obnoxious but thats you.... lol jk

Agree with Envy.

If you showed up to a game with me and said "you are really bad at this game in comparison to me, I'm going to handicap myself so you have a chance".

I would pack up and leave. Or play someone else.

How about you teach your opponents. How about after a game where you destroy them you tell them what you did and why, and how they can counter it.

Handicapping yourself is like giving out 'nice try' stickers to your opponents. I'm better than you and the only way you will ever have a chance will be if I make it increasingly easier for you to win....