Zorida and Obey

sarge

Question

Hi, just added Zorida to my crew roster and just needed to check with the more experienced players that the plan as listed on 'pull my finger' is legal. ie: situation being she alread has a vodoo doll in play then....

Vodoo doll activates casting obey through its magical extension,

then zorida casts Obey for +1 casting expert and then creates another vodoo doll thus replacing the exisiting vodoo doll.

The new vodoo doll then casts obey with its only available AP

Thus giving 3 chances at obey in a turn?

The reason I ask is on Zoridas card it states Obey may only be used once, but does this refer to her casting it and not its casting via magical extension?

Its seem a pretty awesome and powerful thing to do and just wanted to check it was a legitimate use of activations.

Thanks

18 answers to this question

Thanks Rathnard,

I'm giving her a run out tonight, so will see how she performs.

I hadn't considered her as a master before, but played against her in recent tournament and she took me to bits!

I'm going to be using her with Collodi and a Widow Weaver I think, backed up by some ranged fire power from Tuco or maybe a hired in gunslinger.

She is looking like a totally awesome master in the right hands (maybe not mine) :-)

Another way to get a buttload of Obeys in, is to use Sorrows. You could link them to Zoraida, or to the totem and use magical extension via Siphon Magic (that would work, right? ME doesn't state a name, only "connected master", not even "this model's connected master"), or you could hire a doppleganger to mimic obey for one more cast, and then link sorrows to her for more casts, and she can even heal so the wounds won't matter either.

But can you summon a model that you are only allowed one of?

There is already one in play, and so you would be unable to summon another, so the spell fizzles.

Where is the rule that states what happens to the first model?

Is it killed?

Sacrificed?

Removed?

My understanding was this could not be done...

The rule is the previous model is removed (not killed).

Removing is pertinent because that means Elect rial Creations from Ramos do not insta pop when you summon a second one.

I thougth the rule was if you try to summon a model that can't be on the table for some reason _unique, rare limit and so forth the summon failed.

As such, I think you can't summon an electrical creation when there is another on already on the table.

There aren't any rules that I can see that means you are restricted to 1 voodoo doll, its just the spell that summons 1 also sacrifices all other connected to Zoraida.

The FAQ explains what happens when you try to summon a model and there is already one on the table:

"What happens when a model attempts something that it couldn’t do, like cast a Spell to create an additional Rare model when my Crew’s maximum number of that model are in play, or casts a borrowed Spell that requires a Weapon/Ability my model doesn’t have?

You cannot attempt the Action. If the Action would not work, reset back to before the Action began. If an event would require the model to enter play (such as a Pine Boxed third Viktoria coming into play when a Death Marshal is removed from play) the model does not enter play."

Zorida is special.. read her summon voodoo doll spell, it says to remove other dolls and summon a new one......

Used her for the first time recently and found the summon a vodoo doll to sac the other and then connect the new vodoo doll to a victim was great.

And using her ability to summon wicked dolls for no scrap counters or any other resources other than AP usage is massive...

combining this with the widow weaver (although more work needed on how to use widow weaver to her potential is required by myself!) allowed me to pop up a little army of doll warriors with ease :-)