Thunder from Down Under

osoi

Started work on my 10T crew over the weekend so though I would share them at least assembled.

Bases are the Victorian base inserts primed white for high contrast between models and scenic elements, I was thinking of perhaps a monochrome style for the crew but not 100% sold on it, whatever I end up doing it is going to try and pop as much as possible.

Yamizako-bw.jpg

Misaki-bw.jpg

10T-bw.jpg

More to come over the next few days and weeks

I also like the old lady the best as well. Though I could see the arch getting in the way occationally *stupid building models at times*. Still much as Mako said it looks like she is holding the gate *Standing Death of Benkai time*

That said you have solved an issue I was having. I did not want to put Ototo striking the ground as it makes his model stick off the base alot. So I was going to have him be on something like he had just landed on it. But I have an indoor base mat design I am using. I am not sure why I had not considered a box yet.

Cheers guys, good thing about the structure on Yamizako's base is that it is not glued there yet, they will both be painted seprately then once done glued together to help keep access to everything.

Ototo is currently being worked on, he is on a big crate and I cut a 50mm base insert down to suit 40mm (that took ages) so its a different looking base to what you normally see.

Going to add other details such as bottles and other little bits to help liven up the bases some more as well.

What should be spilling out of the crate that Ototo has leaped on?

Painting will be soon, they are swapping in for Hoffman after this weekend as pretty well all I will be playing for the next few months.

Structural elements are: Hirst Arts casts for the crates, bits and pieces of the GW fortified manor kit for the others, its a really nice terrain kit that I am kitbashing a lot out of as I am building my board so its getting a lot of life for me.

Apples/oranges and bottles (and maybe some newspapers on the ground as well, we'll see